I literally don't understand why anyone calls this Iron Man 1 with magic. They're very different movies...

I literally don't understand why anyone calls this Iron Man 1 with magic. They're very different movies, even down to the basic character arc.

Is this just lazy shitposting?

There's similarities but executed differently.

The people who call Ant-Man small Iron Man piss me off more.

>Arrogant man get's injured
>Spends time in a desolated place
>Learns bigger than life stuff
>Becomes better person

Wow totally the same movie, like James Bond and Mission Impossible

In other news, a film was made about a royal from Western mythology who comes to our world to defeat a shapes hitting god of conflict and fight a suit of armor in the third act.

Am I talking about Thor or Wonder Woman?

>Arrogant genius rich asshole
>Gets injured
>Tries to fix injury with powers
>Trains with powers
>In the end the protagonists realizes powers won't fix his injury and learns to live with it
>Funny ethnic friend
>Strong independent female love interest
>Older mentor who dies
>Villain with same powerset as protagonist
>Protagonist defeats the Big Bad by sacrificing himself
>Villain infiltrates the protagonist's base of operations to fight/threaten him
>Funny non-human sidekick
>Protagonist keeps a personal memento that reminds him of his past life
>Love interest has to perform surgery on protagonist

>I'm going to mix up the synopsis of both movies to hamfist my argument

Really nigga? Wonder Woman fights a suit of armor?

What does the Count of Monte Cristo have to do with this shit?

She quite literally does

The Count doesn't have awkward jokes in serious situations with references to Beyonce.

Apples and oranges are the same thing since you put them in your mouth and eat them user.

I haven't even seen Dr. Strange, I'm just commented on your average Sup Forums shitposters level of illogical association bullshit thinking. This board can't into critical thinking.

She fights a guy with armor on. That's not the same thing and you know it.

Edmond was the opposite of arrogant though. He was naive and humble.

Arrogant genius who gets hurt and has a life changing experience IS LITERALY THE ORIGIN OF STRANGE ON THE COMICS.

I dont know why people complain about it. Sup Forums and Sup Forums are just dumb fucks who care more about memeing things than legitimate criticism.

>Is this just lazy shitposting?
yes

Honestly, thats Spider-man's origin too. Ditko Peter was a huge cunt that thought he was better than everyone.

>In the end the protagonists realizes powers won't fix his injury and learns to live with it

That's not really the case for Tony. The "powers" were just about holding the injury at bay, and he has the shrapnel removed in Iron Man 3 anyway.

>and learns to live with it
but that doesn't happen to Doctor Strange at all? He just learns to use magic to make his hand move like normal anyways

So Tony learns to live with it until Iron Man 3.
So Strange accepts his hands won't go back to normal.

>So Strange accepts his hands won't go back to normal.
No, he uses magic to fix them

James bond hardly changes and always hold the same ideals from star to end

Did you even see the movie, user?

His hands are still fucked up. He just happens to accept there's a world beyond what he knows.

That's kinda the central difference between Tony and Stephen. Tony is about a man isolating himself and taking responsibility for his actions. Strange is a man moving beyond himself and becoming the guardian of countless of worlds and realities.

No he doesn't

Nigger Edmond was still driven by hate and vegeance till the end. His "bigger than life stuff" is all on the back burner

Wonder Woman was a rehash of Captain America: The First Avenger. not Thor!

Usually I see the comparison between WW and Cap, but I guess you can force the shit analogy this way too

>Is this just lazy shitposting?
You realize where you are right?

>Captain America: The First Avenger

>sure, she was asthmatic, smaller than normal, with numerous ailments
>plus an experimental serum made her BIGGER, HEALTHIER, and gave her SPECIAL POWERS
>her best friend since childhood went off to war and she didn't get to until she got that experimental serum
>she rescued her best friend

Do I need to go on to the rest of the second and the third act differences?

Unpopular Opinion: I actually preferred the look of movie Dormammu over the comic one. Also I hate the "hes another gas cloud" meme when he clearly had a body

I know it's unpopular, i've been laughed at on here by the HAHAHA MCU fan for it, but in my opinion it's top five MCU flicks (I'm not listing them). We know they have a general formula, but it does that formula better than the movies that came before it. If mads had a good performance for the madslads online to suckle they'd have called the movie KINO.

>listening to kino memers
Who cares. I'd actually agree with you too.

For my MCU rankings I'd say
1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man 1
3. Civil War
4. Guardians 1
5. Dr. Strange

I unironically loved GOTG2.

Fight me.

I loved GOTG2 too

everything Marvel does is Iron Man
>Dr Stange is Iron Man with magic
>Spiderman: Homecoming is adventures of Kid Iron Man with actual Iron Man mentoring him
>GotG has Star Lord as space Iron Man
>Thor is mythic Shakespearean Iron Man with Tumblr bait Loki
>Hulk is angry Iron Man monster
>Ant Man is lower social class thief Iron Man
>Captain America is Iron Man with a shield
>Black Panther is African Iron Man
>War Machine/Iron Patriot is black Iron Man
>Hawkeye is Iron Man with a bow
>Vision is full robotic A.I. Iron Man
>Scarlet Witch is female Dr. Strange which is just another version of Iron Man with magic
>Quicksilver is fast Iron Man
>Black Bolt is Iron Man who talks really really loud but choices not to cause >muh I learn my weapon technology hurts people so I have to control it better
>Black Widow is Iron Man with tits
>Captain Marvel is lesbian space Iron Man
>Thanos is Darkseid as Iron Man
>Iron Monger, Whiplash, Justin Hammer and Aldrich Killian were all Iron Man
>Ben Kingsley was his own man, he was awesome and got jobbed cause he was outshining Iron Man

Gotg2 was so aimless, though.

It's like they didn't know what to do with half the characters at the end.