Times you disagreed with them or times South Park didn't articulate its point very well

Times you disagreed with them or times South Park didn't articulate its point very well.

Pic related.

>obesity is a more pressing issue than cigarette smokers but people lobby hard against smokers in the name of health while ignoring something that kills more people which is caused by their own 'freedom of choice'.
It was pretty obvious

>Dump on Mexico repeatedly
>This episode comes along
>Never dump on Mexico again

I was just confused more than anything. Hard to believe this episode and the Goobacks one were the same show.

Yet they tried to show cigars in a positive light because "poor people can't pay for shit so they need smoke to feel better" , honestly that shit feelt more like they we're just trying to be contrarian and edgy and not making an actual point.

What was Tweek x Craig trying to say?
All I got from it was "You guys wanted more gay characters so here you go"

That would've been fine if they didn't try to show the Tobacco Company as decent businessmen who have been upholding a long time recreational activity.

The AA episode. They really didn't do a lot of research and basically saying that the organization is useless. You can shit on saying that it's a disease, but most people identify addiction as a disease. It felt like they just wanted to shit on an organization with a spiritual focus because they see their methods as backwards.

AA has the same success rate as people who get off alcohol themselves. They are useless.

AA is useless.

t. someone who's uncle was in AA and he kept drinking himself into a coma every other night.

>That episode when Kenny is run over by a bus all the way to Mexico and he calls the kids because he thinks he is in hell
South Park used to be so funny, they lost their edge

It was their reaction to the Yaoi fandom behind their show. They basically had the same reaction as the boys "I don't get it"

Kill yourself fat ass

>Thinks South Park is expressing an opinion
>Thinks South Park is making a point
This is exactly how South Park triggers people. You're no different than those late '90s PC mothers rioting when South Park first came out.

South Park shits on everyone and everything. Not because it's their opinions, but because of the lulz. You retards should know that by now. But then, ½chan has became so shitty in the past few years.

AA is useless.

>South Park shits on everyone and everything
That was true like 15 years ago.

Because by now, they've already shit on everything. There's hardly anything to shit on except new events.

>>Thinks South Park is making a point

South Park has always made a point to tell its audience not to give a shit about everything because everything sucks, until last season when it told its viewers to vote against Trump, but they didn't because they've been thought not to care about anything.

>South Park shits on everyone and everything.
Except Obama, you can't find one single time they ever made a critic against anything about him.

The debt/margaritaville ep where he takes credit for fixing the economy single handedly?

"obesity kills more people than smoking" is a layman's way of looking at the issues

obesity causes heart disease: there's a strong causal link and it's been proven - you get fat, you get heart disease

smoking causes heart disease - same deal, proven

unless you're a fucking cretin then these are the facts

now, if someone smokes and is obese, they get a "double dose" - worse heart disease than someone slim (but not underweight) who smokes, worse heart disease than a fatty who breathes clean air, much worse than the heart disease that we all, inevitably, develop as we grow older and our bodies become less efficient through normal ageing

how do you clarify cause of morbidity? cause of death only records heart disease - and if it didn't kill you, it's simply recorded in other statistics as something found at autopsy (assuming you live in a real country where basic autopsy by a qualified medical professional is mandatory - doesn't have to be invasive, just has to be someone who knows what they're talking about examining your dead ass)

if you smoked, they might find signs of that; they'd spot if you were overweight or obese (much harder to miss), but if heart disease killed you, then that's what's recorded

saying "obesity is worse than smoking" is a non-runner; obesity is accessible to all (in developed countries, via cheap high-carb, high-sodium foods) whereas smoking is heavily taxed (usually to pay for social problems like strain on hospitals caused by smokers) and tobacco more expensive by an order of magnitude, even prior to tax, than any essential food group

naturally then you get more childhood obesity than child smokers; and so on and so forth, it adds up

but saying "there are more" doesn't make it wrong to shit on smokers - you can't get passive obesity if you're at all aware of your diet, for example - and just because there are two massive health problems, one which dwarfs the other, doesn't mean you focus all your resources on one of them

>until last season when it told its viewers to vote against Trump, but they didn't because they've been thought not to care about anything.
Trump supporter spotted.

The Hillary supporters are just as whiny about the last season. The only reason it shifted to Trump focus is because Trump won the election, rendering Hillary completely irrelevant.

>Dat episode that aired right after Obama got elected
Okay, sure.

That's not a criticism against him but the media, nice try

Go ahead, try again.

I think they became a victim of what people perceive them to be. When it was revealed South Park only takes a week to make and that's how they were able to get away with making references to extremely recent events, they started snowballing into being ONLY references about recent events.

Yeah before that, they still had episodes with soapbox morals like Conjoined Fetus Lady or the racist flag episode (I can't remember the name), but they were far and few in-between the surreal parody shit or naive kids in adult situations episodes.

I realize that trying to play out the kids as being naive for 20+ years would've gotten tiring as well, especially with all the shit they've been exposed to over the years, a plot where they don't know what a tampon is doesn't really work anymore, but you know. Maybe that's why a show shouldn't go on for twenty years to begin with.

Well he's so...boring. You could make fun of his politics/policies, but what about his actual personality is funny/ripe for making fun of?

Idk it feels like trying to make fun of a bowl of oatmeal.

>You could make fun of his politics/policies, but what about his actual personality is funny/ripe for making fun of?
Boondocks was able to do it.

well, yeah, AA is a support group not a cure

you have to want to stop drinking no matter what route you choose, doesn't mean some people don't need the support group option

if the argument that it's not a disease ever gets brought up around you again, just casually drop the words "so you're saying it's a syndrome?"

if they don't know the difference tell them to stop waving their cunt flaps in your face, because jesus fuck some people shouldn't talk

It was making fun of shippers more than anything, although admitting that and saying it wasn't a romance played completely straight tends to stir shit up with people.

Basically their shippers (the town) latch onto these characters and push them into a relationship created out of whole cloth. They try to pull away from it, and hilarity ensues. They eventually acquiesce to appease the entire town, who is far more invested in their "relationship" than they are. It ends with both characters becoming reverse closeted, complete with a reverse beard.

Not super deep or complicated or political, really. Just a simple lampoon of a common practice among many fanbases, and a subversion of shows having a 'character comes out' episode.

>Dat episode that aired right after Obama got elected
How they shit on Obama in any way in this episode?They actually made fun of people thinking Obama was going to ruin everything.

Did the previous season have a message?

It was the biggest clusterfuck of the series to date.

>Catholics don't believe in evolution since all Christians are the same

No, we mean that the South Park creators DON'T shit on everything anymore. They only go after things that they personally care about. Which I do think is a good thing, because it means the themes are always more relatable than stuff like the "Kids watch a Pokemon ripoff that teaches them totally wrong morals, then act on them" episode, but it does mean that you really can say the episodes are based on at least partially the creators' opinions.

As the old catchphrase goes: Sup Forums was never good.

I thought that part of the episode was just them being ridiculous to be funny? like a, "wouldn't it be funny if they were all just a bunch of nice decent group of guys?"

Pretty good point. Then again, Aaron McGruder could take a shit and have it be about x10 as funny/intelligent as anything Matt Smith or Trey Parker have ever done.

>You could make fun of his politics/policies
And they never made it.

Actually I think shows should be allowed to go on vacations
A good two year vacation would have done wonders for South Park, just think of adult swim, Rick and Morty season three has been delayed for over a year now I think and a couple months ago people where dying to see it just because they aired one episode and a bunch of promos
It's basic psychology if people want more you give them less and then they really want more

The Willy Wonka portion, yeah. But the initial tour where the guy is telling them about the history of tobacco and how they added mandatory warnings to give people the knowledge and choice about the consequences of cigarettes while the boys respond with stuff like, "Sounds very reasonable" felt like a severely misguided soapbox.

>South Park shits on everyone and everything. Not because it's their opinions, but because of the lulz. You retards should know that by now.
Are you really retarded enough to believe that kike park really shit on everything?Holy shit.

How edgy are you?

Something about how a lot of the current generation is riding two trends: SJWs and nostalgia.

Hardly any Catholics even understand Catholicism, nobody outside it even begins to bother

>South Park has always made a point to tell its audience not to give a shit about everything because everything sucks

That... no, that's definitely not South Park. South Park is more about how you SHOULD give more shits than you actually do, but only about the actual stupid stuff. "It's preachy" is a real complaint about it... and a complaint you yourself used when you talked about Trump.

And if you're wondering "why Trump", you have to keep in mind that at the start of the campaign, EVERYONE was saying not to vote for Trump. Even Fox News! It wasn't until later on that the non-edgy, not-Neo-Nazi people started taking him seriously... and by that time, the creators had already gone with making Trump the biggest joke in politics, so they couldn't go back.

They implied he was a shit-spewing lame duck, and mocked him getting credit for the Bush stimulus.

Smokers kill other people.

Less than you mr."everyone in this site is stupid but me",South Park is biased, they're far more pro liberal causes than conservatives and that's not even up for debate, you're literally acting like a ponifag being overprotective towards your little show.

>They implied he was a shit-spewing lame duck
What? They actually used the duck to describe his opponent at 2012 election, and later the duck was used mostly to random jokes and not about Obama himself

It was dissonant as hell, given that those labels were foisted on them after decades of them working to suppress evidence of the link between cigarettes and cancer.

The t.r.u.t.h. ads and performance art crap was going on at the time, and it was obnoxious and preachy as hell, but the set-up of posing tobacco companies as fun and ethical and not organizations who have been trying to push their product without regard for the damage it was doing to people (and who still are in other countries) reeks of them not having done any research on the topic they think they're qualified to remark on, something which they clearly don't for a number of the topics they try to provide commentary for.

When they did an Inception spoof to criticize the movie for not actually being deep or cool when it turned out they literally didn't see the movie and just copied lines verbatim from a College Humor sketch.

Suuuuuure they do, buddy.

Well they did make him into a jewel thief.

"Chef Goes Nanners" is the episode you're looking for.

>the time he had the chinese rig his election
>the time he was part of that sex addict shit
>the time he said he'd spend his last hours with his family watching tyler perry garbage

that's literally as much shit as they gave Bush, so I don't see what the problem is.

>the time he had the chinese rig his election
conspiracy theory joke
>the time he was part of that sex addict shit
Not based on his personality
>the time he said he'd spend his last hours with his family watching tyler perry garbage
A joke because he was black

Nothing of that is "shitting on him", they even called Bush retarded once,They simply never made anything against Obama.

>saying that he watches tyler perry because he's black isn't "shitting on him"
>literally having both of his election wins as fraudulent is "nothing against him"

holy shit

Describe what they critized of Obama in those moments. You can't because they're not fucking with Obama, just some random scenes where he's in that are not criticism in any way.

>saying that he watches tyler perry because he's black isn't "shitting on him"
No is not
>literally having both of his election wins as fraudulent is "nothing against him"
Except that they made fun of people who thought this was fraudulent

only the 2nd one was technically fraudulent
the first one was him legit running & winning, albeit he used it as a cover

I'm pretty sure the election if fraudulent if your opponent is conspiring with you in it, its like fixing a game.

Just let people smoke god damn

Catholics are retarded

Just accept that smokers are the niggers of the 21st century and apartheid is here to stay.

Just don't blow it my face

I'm sorry, does Obama also need to be eating a watermelon and chucking spears before you considered it making jokes at his expense?

And hey, let's also not throw in the fact Obama literally praised Caitlyn Jenner, the person who literally killed someone with their car which the the show had no trouble pointing out themselves. That'd never be a dig at Obama, nope. Entirely a dig at Jenner.

Noticed now how you still can't point any criticism against his person or politics in any of those scenes?

>South Park has lost their edge

Okay- what could they possibly do?
They've already covered so many goddamn things. I think they should just go back to the point of actually telling entertaining stories.

Like "Free Hat" where the town inexplicably want to release a baby serial killer.
Fortunately that seems the be the intent of the next season of South Park- Trump is just simply...too goddamn easy a target. It would just be exhausting and repetitive.

It's a support group were you try to find people who will support you in your attempts to get clean. It's disliked by a lot of people for many reasons and many involve that it takes away a lot of chances to make cash

t. someone who has had multiple family members go through it.

Is this people who self-report or this from organizations that are related to Coors and Miller?

so what your mad they didn't insult him?

Any episode with global warming.

Nope, I'm just refuting "they're unbiased" or "shit on everyone" bullshits, nothing against liberal shows just don't pretend they're not liberals that's pathetic.

>ITT-anons that can't take a joke
>also ITT-reading way too much into shit

I don't know about shitting on everything but you can tell Trey has grown up a little. Characters using gay/fag has pretty much been dropped completely and Cartman isn't quite as much of an asshole as he used to be. At the very least I doubt we'll ever see the full bodied Nazi inclination he was at for a while.

What was there to complain about? Did you want a South Park episode where they made fun of Obamacare or something? This is South Park, not Alex Jones.

Second-hand smoke isn't real

He's boring because it was suicide to make fun of the first black guy to be President in any way that could be offensive. You make reference to him basically being retarded without a script writer or give him an illegitamate son who is a huge piece of shit who beats up friendly Mexicans.

they are biased, very few people aren't, but your lying to yourself or perhaps just simple minded if you think South Park just fits into a single simple box labeled liberal

also "liberal bias" is often confused for "factual bias" but that doesn't actually relate to South Park that's just in general

this

And also the people who thought he was the Messiah (i.e. Randy).

They lean more to the left, yeah, but they still do shit on everyone. Just because they haven't called Obama a turd sandwich doesn't mean they wouldn't.

Compare this to Family Guy that is so unapologetically biased certain views it's almost Dobson-tier in its one-sided writing.

t. Protestant cuck
Keep printing up those flyers on the Inquisition and importing Africans.

user if that's all I need to do to make non smokers happy, then consider that my gift to y'all

Libya disagree.

They never shit on Bush either. The closest they ever came was with the 9/11 conspiracy episode where he reveals that the Government isn't some all powerful/all knowing entity that controls whatever happens inside the US so they invented the 9/11 Inside Job conspiracy to convince people they WERE just that all powerful/all knowing.

Which is more a criticism of how stupid people are than Bush himself.

It's funnier to poke fun at the people against Obama than Obama himself. Whoopdedoo.

Bush was depicted as level-headed in the show, too. Hell the worst you can say about Bush was that he was depicted as a turd sandwich.

And Hillary was depicted unfavorably as well, to that similar degree. I distinctly remember Garrison actively trying to lose but not being able to because Hillary is that unfavorable.

Papists not importing Africans? The pope even licks their toes

>suicide
Dude, South Park has done and said worse things that could have taken them off the air than talking about how Obama is manipulative.

I'm sure there is bias but don't for a second tell me that they would be afraid of talking shit about Obama. They just didn't want to.

Being completely earnest, this still bothers me. The political cynicism that the Giant Douche v. Turd Sandwich bit symbolizes just turns off people from politics, when the more nationally healthy choice is to push for greater political engagement. You get douches and turds when regular folks don't give a shit and only douches and turds turn out for the primaries.

>Bush was depicted as level-headed in the show, too.
He wanted to invade Heaven.

>why didn't South Park shit on Obama :(

They didn't shit on Clinton or Bush either. Hell, they let Trump off easy by having Garrison be a standin which gave them free reign to shit on Hillary (who also had an entire episode dedicated to her way back when she was running against Obama). And then there's Al Gore but I think that's more a consequence of their hesitation to fully accept Global Warming (or at least the sensationalist version Al Gore preaches). It's pretty obvious South Park by in large avoid targeting specific politicians. The few times they do show up is almost always besides the point.

"""Catholics""".
About half of them don't even believe in God.

>That... no, that's definitely not South Park

Yes, that's South Park. Their anti-Trump message fell on deaf ears because it told its audience years ago all politicians are the same, so who cares about voting anyway. Global warming isn't real so don't bother--oh, wait, yes it is. Oh well, too late to do anything now.

South Park became a show that encouraged people to never invest in anything because everything sucks and now they're wondering why nobody listened to them when they tried to give a damn last season.

Bush was pretty clearly slow as fuck in the show like he's called on real life,they took it very easy on him but was not like Obama that hard 8 years without any bashing besides "lol he's black"

>Which is more a criticism of how stupid people are than Bush himself.
Yeah, Bush was actually portrayed as semi-competent. Which at the time where the same station it aired on had shit like "Lil Bush" was fucking revolutionary.

>by in large

Lil Bush was pretty good and surprisingly unbiased for their name, they made fun of both republicans and democrats many times calling democrats a bunch of faggots that can't ever do anything for real.

>encouraged people to never invest in anything because everything sucks
God, it's this shit again. It's always "South Park sucks because they say both sides are bad and you shouldn't believe in anything". They're not saying you shouldn't believe in anything. They're just telling you to not be a retard and to not see things in extremes. You can believe in something without being a fucking radical over it.

That's a strange stance to take, given that the show itself often depicts the individuals and ideas it disagrees with as extremes themselves.

Nice.

>They didn't shit on Clinton
They've had the handful of Bill Clinton is a sex addict jokes ever since like, season 2. And they called Hillary fat, old, and had a disgusting vagina for years. And Hillary's name in the newest season was Turd Sandwich and they basically implied she was straight up retarded in some jokes.

They've done quite a lot of Clinton family jokes during their entire run.

I didn't realize this pic was already posted, but yes, this is what I mean.

>The political cynicism that the Giant Douche v. Turd Sandwich bit symbolizes just turns off people from politics, when the more nationally healthy choice is to push for greater political engagement. You get douches and turds when regular folks don't give a shit and only douches and turds turn out for the primaries.

>dedicate an episode to making fun of people who believe in global warming
>dedicate an entire season to shitting on SJWs and upper-middle class white libs
>all of those many, many times they portray liberals as being ignorant drugged up hippie pussies

No but you're right, they made fun of trump so they have to be liberal. It doesn't matter that they've had episodes like death camp of tolerance to make fun of PC culture, or more episodes than I can count making fun of environmentalism. They insulted trump, something which no republican has ever done, so they must be liberal.