NuCarol Thread

To the Sup Forums bros who have read them, are any of her runs good?

Yes

Her run last year could've gotten good, but then it got dragged into Civil War 2 and the writers noped the fuck out.
Everything else was boring or trash. Also don't get attached to the current run. It's been only a few issues and it's already deep in cancellation numbers.

Pretty much this.

SPBP

I liked the idea of Carol experiencing Mar-Vell's PTSD via his memories but the rest of that run wasn't anything to write home about, and then CW2 happened.

What about the KSD run?

What were the bad things in her runs that put you off, user?

You made milk come out my nose...

Very very good

Sorry user, was it that bad?

The run i mean not the milk thing.

It's boring as sin and desperately tries to make Carol this icon of feminism.
It's pretty bad, sold like crap and got relaunched like twice without changing anything.

I probably should have realized that when I saw the Rosie pose on issue 2's cover.

KSD gives Carol amnesia in an attempt to wipe Carol's slate clean. She then is taught how much of a hero she is by a little fangirl.

It's basically the equivalent of a lobotomy for the character. That was just step 1 in Marvel's grand scheme to reshape Carol into their own Wonder Woman.

To all Sup Forums bros, what do you think of the new costume? Does that effect you reading her books?

See this is what I want to know. Why? Why does Carol sell so bad? It's the thing that has me hesitant to read any of her solo runs.

Can't Marvel just have her do her own thing fighting a expanded rogues gallery instead of falling over every single fucking event. Just quit all that team up bullshit. Have her go out of America. Either Captain Marvels space adventures or outside America earth stuff. No refugees. No politics. Just some fucking building up of Carol's character and rogues.

But I doubt they did anything like So did anything stand out from her runs?

But user, she has to be the premier female in everything Marvel is doing!
You can't do that AND have a story and a personality.

How about Carol in Ultimates then? Is she any good there?

I mean come ON. She can eat the Sun and her NONE of her writers have done anything interesting with her.

I usually give a long winded speech about how they waited too long, and royally fucked up changing her into Captain Marvel, but I'm tired, so here's a discount version

Instead of establishing her new role in the main continuity they crammed her into dozens of books making mindless cameo appearances, worrying more about exposure than fleshing her out.

Think wolverine during his massive push after the X-men movies first hit theaters, she was showing up everywhere, different character solos, GOTG, most avengers books, etc, being nothing more that scene filler, and a token add on going "hey look Carol cut her hair and is going by captain now! Neato!"

I wouldn't mind a longer version user. But thanks anyway. I actually want to TRY to read some of her runs. It's just that they all look so unspeakably boring.

Then read some, the ones BEFORE the change...

See why some people actually used to like the character.

Wilco, user. Thanks. I'll just read everything she shows up in then so i can get her character better.

the only outright bad run she's had was KSD, and even then it wasn't 'Angela Queen of Hel' tier bad.

Did anything interesting come out of any of her runs? At all?

> cover page bimbo "art"

Glad they went with the right

I started reading some Captain Marvel years ago when some people in a forum asked me to trasladate the last issues of a run, after I finished it I never touched her comics again, now after playing a videogame I found this character that resembles Carol.
Thanks for this one!

No long hair. The marvel name isn't a big deal like Thor or wolverine.

If Carol was the new Captain America, somewhat better sales.

You forgot to write 'plebian' over left and 'patrician' over right.

What the fuck I want to fuck Carlos