BATMAN #33

BATMAN #33
Written by TOM KING
Art and cover by JOELLE JONES
Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
“A DREAM OF ME” part 1! Following his marriage proposal to Catwoman, Batman leaves Gotham City on a quest of renewal and redemption. As he travels and fights, he encounters members of his family—each disturbed by Batman’s journey, each ready to stand in his way, each ready to push back against Batman’s stubborn determination to evolve into something better than a superhero.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GsbIdSGwoEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow they stole that one cosplayer's joker look

Hahaha I laughed at this.She probably said NO.

>members of his family
Who?

Duke Thomas and Harper Row.

Hahaha!

Nigma looks british as fuck

Cat says no.

>redemption.
Because he is not good in sex ?

>King moving away from the only character defining moment of his run to preserve the status quo

Continuity is a curse. It's a mistake. It'll be the reason the industry dies

so king's doing what morrison did with batman 10 years ago, only now it's shit

>Batman leaves Gotham City
Poor Damian.Batman is guilty of child abuse, endangerment and neglect.

His father told him to be happy, to not be Batman anymore. Personally I don't see other reason for him to leave other than due to being turned down. He tries to be happy, he fails, he leaves to become a better hero. That's what Bruce does, he buries his pain by trying to be "better" at what he does. I could be wrong of course, but I think it makes sense.

Still no clue what Bruce could've done.

I don't get why anyone except besides Damian would be against Bruce choosing to be happy. Seriously who would bitch at him for trying to help people as Bruce Wayne instead of Batman? Everyone knows he has an unhealthy lifestyle.

He is the one who got them into his war in the first place, but now he realize that it was unhealthy and want to leave it behind.

So you're implying that they all hate him and want him to die instead of get better.

No, they just think he is hypocrite who needs to explain himself.

Its just retarded. Batman killed somebody years ago, probably accidentally and its big DRAMA now

Realizing the error of your ways is hypocrisy?

Joelle Jones is a good artist and a real qtpie. Hopefully she doesn't get the lousy inker from Being Super.

Selina dont love bruce she is a cunt fuck her.

>As he travels and fights, he encounters members of his family—each disturbed by Batman’s journey, each ready to stand in his way, each ready to push back against Batman’s stubborn determination to evolve into something better than a superhero
This has potential for a good conversation between Batman and his Robins (especially between Bruce and Jason), but this is King we are talking about so it's probably going to be wasted.

>Not content with his character assassination of Bruce, King turns his sights on the rest of the Bat-Family.

Not continuity, user.
Regression. The refusal to change.

King hate the Bat-Family.

Well, except for Dick.

Reminder: solicit copy has lied before to obscure the outcome of a still unfolding plotline.

It has potential if King just has them just being confused and want answers about why Batman is doing that, not actually standing on his way and refuse to let him be happy. The concept already look bad.

Why do batfags hate Batman so much?

Except these same people have been trying to get him to lighten the fuck up for decades.
Every single one of his "Kids" has expressed way more than once that he needs to tone down the Batman a bit and enjoy life more as Bruce Wayne.

Because at the end of the day? Dick is still dick. Barbara is still Barbara. Tim is still Tim. And to some sick degree, Jason is still Jason.
But Bruce isn't Bruce. Bruce is Batman.

All the bat kids do what they can, but they know they're still human and need to lead normal human lives wherever possible to stay sane. You can damn well bet they want Bruce to do the same.

And you draw this conclusion from...? Because none of what the two anons above said imply that he hates Batman.

Bruce is actually one of my favorites and I really don't like what Snyder and King have been doing with him.

How can people like that "art"?

From all my time on Sup Forums, I have yet to see a Batfag actually liking Batman. All they do is bitch which leads me to believe they never really liked Batman in the first place.

You got something against people with ears on the back of their heads?

If King really does this, fuck him.

It's better than the solicit for #32.
>Now, knowing Batman’s greatest sin, Catwoman must make her decision: Will she marry Batman?
We daytime soap opera now.

>Art and cover by JOELLE JONES
>Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

Annoys me that DC doesn't send the covers to solicits on the second issue of the month. Either of these would have been a much better OP than the given cover.

Selina probably told Bruce he was too fucked up to marry but she would if he gets better, so Bruce goes on a soul searching mission, the antithesis of his journeys when he was training to become Batman. It's funny because Selina is almost as fucked up as Bruce

>ITT: people assume she said no contrary to the case clearly being completely the opposite

Why would his "family" be mad at him if he wasn't marrying a criminal? In this run her ward slit his throat after she was thought to have been a mass murderer herself and she's still a thief. Damian wouldn't want a knew mom, especially living with him, and the other Robins probably just think it's a dumb move, along with the other characters who shouldn't even fucking exist. Al probably thinks its because of the meeting Thomas thing and maybe is opposed or maybe supportive but reluctant. Hell maybe Al is happy for him.

I just don't see how anyone can take it as confirmation that she says no.

But Cat certainly said yes. Maybe she was "scared off" by the family's reaction but there is no fucking way she said no. Screenshot it to call me an idiot.

Comics used to include genres such as romance. And Capeshit romance isn't something new by any stretch of the imagination. Batman included.

Also DTS are serial dramas meant to recycle characters, plots and set pieces over and over... kinda like comics. It's not a new comparison either.

Though I may not necessarily disagree that I don't feel like reading this, it's not a "now" situation.

>You have to like bad books to like a character

You should read Marvel then, user. They're making progress with a female Thor and black teenage girl Iron man.

Who said these were bad books?

I don't think I ever seen a batfag talk about shit they like. It's always how the current writer actively hates Batman and how they're ruining the Batman mythos.

The Batman universe was perfect just before New 52 and we will never ever reach those heights again.

t. Morrisonfag

Sounds more like a batfamfag to me.

It really wasn't.

This art is barely above that Morrison issue with the shitty cgi model illustrations.

Thanks for making a reasonable post that calls out everyone's stupidity without calling them faggots.

>Damian wouldn't want a knew mom
She is not going to try to be his new mom nor Damian is spending much time on the manor to feel upest. So, any tantrum Damian would throw is going to look stupid and unreasonable.

It would be stupid and unreasonable if Damian DIDN'T react to his dad getting married.

Why? Damian never acted like a kid so I'm not expecting any reaction from him nor I want to see it.

>implying Joelle Jones can handle bi-weekly to monthly titles without delays
Just bring back Finch already

Joker is white already so batman didn't throw him into the tank, joker and riddle are alive so he didn't kill them. What could be Bruce's sin? If he made jpker laugh again how did he do it?

I don't get the point here

Bruce looking for redemption, why could he need redemption?

>Damian never acted like a kid
I disagree. But I see now where we diverge.

No problemo, though I am normally a serial "faggot" slinger normally

>Damian never acted like a kid so I'm not expecting any reaction from him nor I want to see it
This. I couldn't care less about any kind of reaction from him.

It's his fault that Joker and Harley met though

>Batman directly responsible for Harley's birth
Truly the greatest sin.

Hahehe

Damian's outward response would probably be along the line of a detatched "This was entirely predictable for you, Father", but internally he'd be worried about falling to the side like the Nightwing pregnancy scare arc.

>"I made love to the Joker, Selina."

When will we see the Coipel variant cover?!?!

What did he do, guys? Did he finally rape the Joker?

I swear that thing about batman raping joker is the most gay shit around

Is it rape if they both want it though?

You know, the funny thing is that Superman originally kills the Joker because he's a big villain who's a big threat. Then he just locks up the other villains in a different base. And then he just starts working alongside villains.

Batman is a cunt.

I thought everyone who hated the new shit hated the character?

>Following his marriage proposal to Catwoman, Batman leaves Gotham City on a quest of renewal and redemption.
Ouch, it can't have gone that badly can it?

It really, really was. Best era of Batman comics for all of the established members of the universe and a clearly established brand new way forward ripe with fertility for new ideas.

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

I'm glad you agree. Dick and Damian alone could have carried a decade's worth of fresh Batman stories.

Compare Bruce pre-Flashpoint with current Bruce and get back to me.

I hate Riddler's look, and Janin's art in general.

>a decade of Dick and Damian
Oh man, N52 actually saved us!

See? New 52 wasn't so bad. Image a decade dealing with Batman light.

Current Bruce is awful.

*imagine

Timfags are back.

>Oh man, N52 actually saved us!
Harper Row and Duke.

Oh joy, damifan is here.

- Son you need a girlfriend -

First three issues of Dick and Damian beat the entirety of Snyder and King's output combined.

Also reminder that Snyder peaked with "Batman light".

You are Dick/Damian fanboy so of course you feel this way. If Dick was Batman in Snyder/King's runs, you would have declared that are "great".

That not saying much.

hahahahahaahahahaahahaahahahaahahahahaha

March have been doing covers for Red Hood since pre-flashpoint? Awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=GsbIdSGwoEs

This one?

Nope I actually consider Batman Inc. to be the high water mark of the pre-Flashpoint Bat-universe. The whole throughline of Morrison's entire run was breaking Bruce's character down and building it back up so we aren't in the same cycle of dark repetitive bullshit that has plagued the character for far too long. But that doesn't preclude Dick being Batman of Gotham being a logical progression that injects an abundance of new life into the franchise. And keep pretending like Batman and Robin doesn't outclass everything post-Flashpoint if you want, but that says a lot about your taste.

Man, now I understand the true meaning of being "Stan".

I know this is Jason Todd but this just as easily could be Roy Harper.

>injects an abundance of new life into the franchise
Yup. Dick was such a fresh "new life" by being Batman light.

And Morrison totally didn't tried to take "the same cycle of dark repetitive" by ending his run with DITF V2. Nope, not at all.

I'm confused with regards to being an anti Batfag a Batfamfag a Dickfag a Brucefag or a Morrisonfag because you seem to have lost the plot?

Even Snyder wrote an actually decent story with Dick under the cowl. Let that sink in for a moment.

And Inc. volume 2's ending is a direct response to the dumpster fire shit show editorial mandates that flew directly in the face of the entire 7 year run just as it was about to close. Which should be fairly obvious.

selina says no ???? good i hate her...

You just come back from searching the meaning of the word, huh?

You thinking that Morrison's BR outclass everything as fact is what makes you a "Stan".

Snyder writing a decent a story with Dick as Batman wasn't because of Dick. You can easily replace with Bruce and nothing of value would have been lost.

And vol 2 ending was what Morrison intended. He himself said so.

It's a sick 2000 reference bro, I'll give you that. Also props for the arguments against what to anyone with taste is objective fact.