My mom died last night Sup Forums, and I need something hopeful to take my mind off it

My mom died last night Sup Forums, and I need something hopeful to take my mind off it.
Like Flex Mentallo or Allen Star Superman.
I just need something special right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlfeyeMFiYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry to hear it, man.

I find Planetary is always good for a hopeful feeling.

My condolences OP, wish you and your family all the best.

I would recommend Superman Strength and some Calvin and Hobbes

the movie Life of Pi

>Allen Star Superman.
wut

I am so sorry OP.

He's a phoneposter and his autocorrect changed All Star into Allen Star.

How did she go, may I ask?

Why are you here blogposting if your mother just died? Surely there are places you need to be.

I'm sorry for phoneposting, blogposting or whatever else. I'm afraid to call the examiners office. I will in a while. I haven't slept or eaten. I watched all the LOTR movies through the night because they were her favorite. I'm not sure how she went. All I know is I was supposed to visit her Sunday, and instead went to a Game of Thrones party.

There I go crying again.

You can get through this user. Feel the strength of us here and of your loved ones. Grieve and feel your feelings, but be confident that you'll be able to carry on

Sorry for your loss, OP.
I lost my mom when I was 15 and it was absolutely devastating. I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with the stages of grief and loss. Also, don't isolate yourself too much while you are coming to grips with this. Don't keep your feelings repressed.

Juggernaut is fun

Nice blog faggot

>Sup Forums is so shitty OP has to lie about his family to get pity recommendations

This wouldn't happen if you lazy cunts kept the Tumblr rec page functioning

You don't come across as a sad bitter cynical neckbeard.. AT ALL!

Why can't we just shove them to /wsr/ like Sup Forums does?

I'm going to storytime some stuff then, be patient as I'm phone posting.

it sucks user.
One of my friends killed himself recently, some of the people I take care of died and my dog has cancer. Read Fahrenheit, it will help you understand your grief.

because that would be Problematic.

I know that feel user. It never gets better but with time it will get easier.

Sorry to hear, OP, that sucks. Lost my dad a few years ago and the surreal feeling of their absence never really goes away, even as the pain gets less intense.

Anyway so yeah comics lol I'd concur w/ All Star Supes, 90s DC is my go-to picker-upper (Superboy, Flash, etc) but Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows is a current book that has a great optimistic tone even while the death of Aunt May hangs in the background.

Take care, OP. check in with us

This is: The Goon and the life of Aunt Kizzie

Sorry for your loss, man.

Apologies for the watermarks lads.

I'm so sorry user. I went through something recently and binged watched Gumball because it's a comfy cartoon. Maybe watch a cartoon that's just fun and friendly.

I think it would be better if you visited your family/friends/anyone else who missed her instead of staying home reading comics.

My father died right after I graduated from college. It's goiing to be okay friend. I'll post Flex Mentallo for ya if peeps would be okay with that. I have both the old scans with the original colors and the new scans that have them completely redone. Just give me a signal when.

Watch this. Other replies in the thread are objectively wrong.

Why don't you join your mother?

Go talk with your family and call some friends, coming to Sup Forums yo get better is stupid.

I know the nature of this website's 'anything is permitted' and even gives these devil-may-care posts some charm, but you are an absolute cunt, there's no two ways around that.

lol

Well, maybe if you weren't such a nigger, you'd still have a mom.

Tell us about her user

>"Listen," said Granger, taking his arm, and walking with him, holding aside the bushes to let him pass. "When I was a boy my grandfather died, and he was a sculptor. He was also a very kind man who had a lot of love to give the world, and he helped clean up the slum in our town; and he made toys for us and he did a million things in his lifetime; he was always busy with his hands. And when he died, I suddenly realized I wasn't crying for him at all, but for the things he did. I cried because he would never do them again, he would never carve another piece of wood or help us raise doves and pigeons in the back yard or play the violin the way he did, or tell us jokes the way he did. He was part of us and when he died, all the actions stopped dead and there was no one to do them just the way he did. He was individual. He was an important man. I've never gotten over his death. Often I think, what wonderful carvings never came to birth because he died. How many jokes are missing from the world, and how many homing pigeons untouched by his hands. He shaped the world. He did things to the world. The world was bankrupted of ten million fine actions the night he passed on."

I'm sorry for your loss, OP.

Sorry for your loss OP, my mother died about a year ago. Its fucking ROUGH, and doesn't help any how quick my dad moved on. It gets easier, but mourn your loss. Don't distract yourself from grief, comics will be there when ya come back.

Oh, look, it is the edgy neckbeard faggots with no friends trying to act cool on Sup Forums with their 4chins. Fuck off idiots.

How she died?

Lee and Ditko's early Spider Man run

I don't know if it helps, but try reading Silver Surfer Requiem or Kingdom Come.

I'll post a favorite. It reminds me of my own mother.

This song is obviously not about a mother but it always makes me feel good.

youtube.com/watch?v=tlfeyeMFiYA

I can't imagine what you're going through, user, so I really hope you can get some enjoyment from this story.

>and I need something hopeful to take my mind off it

That will never happen
The pain may numb over time, but it will always be there
I know from experience

>I'm afraid to call the examiners office. I will in a while.
If you haven't by now. You can't put it off forever.
> I haven't slept or eaten. I watched all the LOTR movies through the night because they were her favorite.
That's really sweet. Everyone grieves differently, but don't overwhelm yourself with everything about her just yet. This is Day 1. I'm concerned that this is a quick way to make yourself sadder. Honor her in small doses.
>I'm not sure how she went. All I know is I was supposed to visit her Sunday, and instead went to a Game of Thrones party.
It's not your fault, and there's no way you could have known that. You know you weren't acting maliciously, sometimes things happen coincidentally. Going to a party is to be expected, there's no way your mom would have judged you for that.

I don't have comics, but I will talk to you OP. I'll be keeping tabs on this thread for an hour or so.

Dude. Don't be alone now

And if that didn't do it, here's Flex.