What does Sup Forums think of Starship Troopers?

What does Sup Forums think of Starship Troopers?

youtu.be/8R0yLRoevnA

Other urls found in this thread:

lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/2215/1573828/2017_USMCREADINGLIST_WEB.pdf
navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=25800
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/68/45/ee/6845ee15a4edee639e465385a01be4f4.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's level four mean?

They did a sequel to Invasion? Nice that was a fun little movie.

Punished Rico

Paz?

why don't they just make a video game if they aren't going to even bother trying

I notice they all have Elsa Disney princess faces, they don't emote at all to retain their beauty

Will this movie have nudity too?

The only good bug is a dead bug

Boss?

>what do we put in the info section? We don't want people to think it's just another extended video game cutscene like the last one
>I guess we should really let people know that we worked hard on this one, and that it's an interesting combination of the original book as well as the satiric take that Verhoeven used

>Published on Jul 18, 2017
>C’mon You Apes, You Wanna Live Forever?! I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. The bugs have breached Mars and the Federation’s Fleet is too far to help. It’s up to us to save the planet. On the bounce, Troopers! The only Good Bug is a Dead Bug! Oorah!

Good job, Sony.

HA NO they tripped all the Satire that Verhoeven used. Now it's just the book set in the same universe as the first movie and invasion

The book had like five pages of action. The rest was just a pre-show newsreel propaganda story set in space, with bugs instead of communist Chinese.

Forever War movie when?

But the book had power armours that can launch nuked and did orbital drops.

I am not sure what to think about it, it looks nice except when they focus on the face of people.

>Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer return as the voices of Johnny Rico and Dizzy Flores alongside Comedian & Starship Troopers Super Fan DeRay Davis in an all-new military adventure from the writer of Starship Troopers and Robocop, Ed Neumeier.

Seems fine.

>implying the political sections weren't they best part of the book

There's a reason why it's required reading in the US Army.

>alongside Comedian & Starship Troopers Super Fan DeRay Davis

The idea of a Starship Troopers superfan confuses me.

I'm in the middle of reading it right now before basic. Shit's wack.

>why it's required reading in the US Army
and the Marines: lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/2215/1573828/2017_USMCREADINGLIST_WEB.pdf
and the Navy: navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=25800
The USAF and Coast Guard lists are generally shorter, less likely to contain fiction and more subject to annual change.

Isn't Dizzy dead in the movies?

Does it have nudity like the other cgi movie?

>didn't Paz die in Ground Zeroes?

Oh so it's like that. Gotcha.

pretty much the greatest shower scene in movie history.

Would you like to know more?

I just rewatched it a few months back. Such a disappointment.
btw, best tits in a proper movie were in the Return of the Living Dead.

Those are nice but i raise you the girl(Virginia Wetherell) from the agression test scene in A clockwork orange

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/68/45/ee/6845ee15a4edee639e465385a01be4f4.png

I'd like to know more

Posting Captain Rico.

Lets see how many ignorant parents show this one to their kids.

>Bunch of pretty teenagers join the military then get absolutely rekt their first encounter with the enemy

Sounds about right

Airforce and Coast Guard are also probably less likely to have infantry units and the book does praise the infantry pretty heavily

Holy shit this looks so much like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
Sony please.

Given how SnK occasionally manages to feel a lot like Starship Trooperers, I think the naming of that character was a deliberate nod.

Childhood is when you idolize the Mobile Infantry
Adulthood is when you realize that klendathu was right

More dangerous that level 3, 2, or 1...

I smell a bug.

Wrong
>5 - No Bug
>4 - Some Bug
>3 - Mostly Bug
>2 - Post-Bug
>1 - Bug World

so is dizzy like rico's power armor's AI now?

>2017
>still no good starship trooper fps or strategy game

Is not the DEFCON user, but Mars is under attack and you post about numbers?, get you rifle now and kill some bugs! Remember you training and you will back alive!

STANDING

Wouldn't the mobile infantery be more akin to the expedition corp?

How does that even make sense? Klendathu's a planet, not even a sentient one. And it's people are named as pseudo-arachnid, or colloquially referred to as bugs.

>mfw Klendathu Drop starts

Not really a tits guy but those are really really nice

>Klendathu's a planet
Its a giant bug

Seriously?

It's a planet user. If you're thinking of the giant ass bug in Marauder, that was on planet OM-1 and it wasn't given a name.

Was Marauder any good?
I only ever watched the first and second movie.

if you accept marauder as cannon there was a scene where they discussed that klendathu might be a giant bug planet It was also discussed as a possibility in the animated series before it got axed

Isn't Marauder basically the prequel to the first animated movie, since the power armor appears for the first time there?

no because rico is already a col. in the movie

So what would the order be?
Figured I might as well watch the movies again before the new one.

1 2 3

So Starship Troopers, Invasion and then Traitor of Mars. Gotcha.

Could be a clone or something's messing with Rico's head.

Making him Dizzy, eh?

5 bucks says its one of those changeling assassin bugs

>ending is literally humanity cucks themselves into brown eunuch clones and don't even remember the war that was all just a misunderstanding anyway

I have never been so mad.

Johnny was a Col. in Marauder, yeah. But he's a General in Invasion and Traitor.

It's either that or he's having PTSD of all the years fighting, which might fit since something must have happened since him being on Mars is actually him being demoted.

Wasn't Klendathu but a different planet called OM-1, and they destroyed it with a planet buster.

CARLOS!

Was the bug in OM-1 the leader?

Jenkins?

>Still better than John Carter

all the green martian scenes where far more entertaining than everything in Invasion.

Who /rodgeryoung/ here?

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING MI SUITS

Marauder was pretty fun to watch despite being on a low budget. If you liked the humor of the first film 3 is extra zany.

The Sky Marshall called it "the Brain of Brains", though there could be others (maybe regular Brains evolve into that over time).

Everybody's wearing them.

They have jets and missile launchers attached, too.

And here's a Marauder from the previous flick. They're deployed via orbital drop pods much like the book.

>supposed to be a fully functional space suit that makes them look like gorillas.
>ebin tacticool armor.
NO

It still works as a space suit, calm your tits.

>ignore why an author spent time describing a suit
>BUT ITS FINE BECAUSE IT'S STILL A SPACE SUIT
And a kitchen knife can for all intents and purposes be a replacement for Excalibur but that would be fucking stupid.

I hope we get more realistic 3D movies like this in the future, it looks so good
I thought pic was a real woman when I first saw it

They still do most of the stuff the book suits can, like giving users enhanced strength, agility and stuff like built in sensors and weaponry. I can overlook them not quite having big-ass gorilla arms.

Whatever happened to the powerful brass section? Now it's all woodwinds and strings

why the fuck do they melee combat with this tech Level, just sit out near pluto or whatever and throw a few relativistic coke can at bug area end off the horde, then maybe send mop up crews.

and by mop up crew I mean rail canoos in space remote controlled or just iron rods. Fuck drone with ak 47's could do a better job, and cost a lot less and you could probally voneum probe them from various asteroids materials.

Again end off bugs....

hell you could probally make a bug specific virus at this point or nano control their brains nd have them fight each other

>required reading in the US Army.
Why?

Halo is a pretty cool guy

This looks like a 2011 videogame

Why send nitrogen bombs from space when you can send foot soldiers? For fucks sake it's not like they are after any precious resources or fear the environment might get fucked from explosions or even long term radiation, the bugs planet is a fucking desert. I questioned this when the movie came out and it still doesn't make sense.

7.2 on IMDB? Why did everyone like it when it was just another b-rate scifi flick?

Makes more sense when you read the book and original movie

i hope theres full frontal nudity in this one too.

>there are people who don't realize that Heinlein seeded the novel with subtle hints (and some not so subtle ones) that history is wrong

Heinlein was an arch-libertarian, whose ideal protagonist is Lazarus Long and who really disliked the government and ideals expressed in Starship Troopers EXCEPT for the principles of Man Strength.

The distortion of history in Starship Troopers itself is subtle in some bits and blatant in others. For example, Dubois' lecture regarding why there has never been an uprising against their government.

Heinlein was cheeki as fuck.

Someone beat them to it.
It's called Helldivers

FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY. FOR SUPER EARTH.

but why are we doing it?

is this a story that needs telling?

They did make one, it is called Starcraft.

HAVE A NICE CUP OF LIBER-TEA!

Holy shit, they actually got the actress who played Dizzy Flores to come back? Wait, didn't that character die super hard? And she had red hair.

Eeh, Starcraft's humans seems more inspired by the marines from Alien 2.

looks like Rico has seen some shit

>we've got a level four. You know what that means?

>tfw you realize in 2017 there are 4 movies that sequel the events of the original Starship Troopers.

No, that's the Forever War. The people you quoted were talking about Starship Troopers.

Because it talks a lot about civil service, leadership, and the doctrine that the army should follow in how it trains its soldiers.

For a long time, armies relied on poorly trained and poorly equipped conscripts - an example of which would be the WW2 'GI' or 'General Issue.' Draft some farmboy from Nebraska, give him a gun and train him to use it, then slap him on the butt and send him to France. There's your GI.

But Starship Troopers argued a different approach. The idea of an army composed entirely of elite well trained volunteers using advanced technology and valuing the life of every squadmember. There's a debate in the book on whether to leave a soldier behind, and the book reasons it is immoral due to the suffering and loss of intel undergone during torture. Better a man be killed than taken prisoner, and better a hundred men die to rescue one POW than let that POW remain in bondage.

Yeah, it's science fiction about smashing a bunch of bugs with power armor, but it gave the US Army one hell of a goal. Our current military doctrine IS Starship Troopers. No conscripts, all volunteers, and highly mobile through the use of technology and training. It certainly has its downsides - expensive, for one - but it probably helped us win the Cold War and why your draft application is pretty much never going to be used.

Think of it like Animal Farm, but for the US Army.

>No Jake Busey
>No Clancy Motherfucking Brown

*shrug*

>Punished Rico
>A man denied his Buenos Aries

He's apparently retired and owns a restaurant.

It doesn't look funny or cheesy. No thanks.