Hobgoblin Thread

All Hobgoblins welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTYkynh7kZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> another Hobgoblin thread.

What are some of the best storylines for each Hobgoblin?

I'm so tired of all the hobgoblin spam

Kingsley is best overall Goblin

So who's better Green Goblin or Hobgoblin?

Got a better rez?

>AVENGE ME HARRY

Mark Hamil used his Joker voice for him in the animated series.

any recommendations for this dude?

>Roderick
Amazing Spider-Man #238-239, 244-245, 249-251, and Spectacular Spider-Man #85.
Hobgoblin Lives #1-3
Spectacular Spider-Man #259-261
AXIS: Hobgoblin #1-3
Spider-Girl Vol. 1 #97-100

> Macendale

Amazing Spider-Man #289
Green Goblin #4
Spider-Man #24, 40, 46-49, and 68-69
Hobgoblin Lives #1

There isn't much to Macendale other than a try hard merc who thinks he's the best only to get bitch slapped by a hero.

I always wonder what came first? Hobgoblin or the Joker for Hamill? Both came out right around the same time right?

Joker beat Hobby by 2 years

> Phil Urich
Amazing Spider-Man #648-651, 694-697
Spider-Island: Deadly Foes
Superior Spider-Man #14-15
Superior Spider-Man Annual #2
AXIS: Hobgoblin #1-3

Venom #16

Phil Urich Hobgoblin sucks

It's always hard to forget. I just remember the two-part episode Cat & The Claw being the first episode. Then suddenly episodes like crazy. Suddenly it, Spider-Man, and X-Men on at Fox at the same time.

Good times. Good times.

Thanks

Hobgoblin systematically improved and overhauled all of Osborn's old equipment and formula and he took great pains to conceal his identity, cover his tracks and not get caught. Osborn has since caught up but for a long time Hobgoblin was the top dog. He avoided going fucking nuts like Osborn and he did the coming back from the dead thing far better. He lacks Osborn's own genius or all consuming obsession with Spider-Man, he's far more mercantile, his ambitions more measured. With Green Goblin you're terrified with what he's going to do next, with Hobgoblin you know you're up against someone utterly ruthless but not someone willing to put money or comfort beneath something like vengeance.

>foreword by Gene Simmons

HAH

Whoa. Thanks user. But I will confess there's probably a bit more of Macendale like how he became a demon. I only got into Marvel comics when he got the Kraven juice in him.

So there's probably a bit more of Macendale.

Ok if any one has a list of more Macendale I'll add it

Wasn't the demon version a seperate character, Demogoblin? Or am i confusing him with someone else?

he started as part of Macendale.

Basically, no. See Macendale realized right after becoming the Hobgoblin that the original had strength to go up against Spider-Man if he had too. Macendale realized he needed more and went down the Osborn route.

It only resulted in Harry splitting further into a mental breakdown and relapsed back into the Green Goblin. But.. Harry at this point had no idea of the Stromm formula so the battle was utterly futile for Macendale.

But this all happened during the Inferno, so a demon saw him and offered a bargain. He'd give him powers but the price would be he be bonded with a demon. Thinking he'd have control in said powers Macendale accepted and the demon was bonded to him.

The demon basically had full reigns to Macendale's body until a run-in with Ghost Rider. After that, a team-up with Dr. Strange, Spidey, and Moon Knight resulted in Macendale getting more control back until he fully expelled the demon. The Demon then became Demogoblin and carved his own goblin career in the 90s.

I added some more but there's more Macendale stuff then can fit on here.

Might as well just make a separate list for just him.

>Foreword by Gene Simmons

Love it!

Kingsley is such a glorious bastard. Pity, such an easy concept was, of course, fucked up easily by Hopeless.

true hobgoblin movie when ?
please tell them that the parker in the 3rd 4th and home coming is a clone and that scarlet spider is the real parker but he thinks he is the clone .
clone parker marries jane who you killed and made a clone but no one knows that not even jane .
then they have fucked up monster babies >:P
I fucking hate you parker.

You're not the Hobgoblin!
youtube.com/watch?v=fTYkynh7kZk

>Venom at 8
>Kraven, Kingpin, Doom, and Hobgolblin above him

lmao

>List made in the 80s
>Human Fly, Carrion, Crime MAster, Tarantula and Puma actually making the cut

Cut them some slack

It's just funny to see how things have changed and how a top 20 villain one decade is utterly obscure or kill the next

Just where Eddie belongs. Every other villain is better tier than him. Carnage is a better villain than Brock.

Wasn't the Red Skull that killed Peter's parents some bizarro Soviet knock-off who wore a cape?

Hobgoblin seems like he has much less of a purpose after Norman came back.

He worked as the guy who found all of Norman's old stuff and was the legacy villain character. Now he is more of a background character with no real reason to be around.

Yeah, that's why he retired (again). Slott of all people gave him a good niche by turning him into the guy who squats all dead villains' identities and licenses them out to wannabe-criminals.

Seems like he is now the villain fashion designer

I've never been a fan of KISS, what's the joke? That Gene'll take any chance at a paycheck?

Gene is known to be a greedy money whore.

Still can't believe he tried to trademark the devil horns. Thank fuck he gave up on that.

Mind you, this will not give someone a very complete or good picture of Phil.

Jeez, that close together? Seemed so much longer at the time.

I'm always looking to update.

>Pity, such an easy concept was, of course, fucked up easily by Hopeless.

Though he's apparently shrugged off that defeat and is now fucking with Jessica Jones or something.

I hope one day we get a good adaptation of Roderick on other media, whether it's animation, video games, or even a movie. We were close once.

> Though he's apparently shrugged off that defeat and is now fucking with Jessica Jones or something.

Wait wut?

Well, Phil's Green Goblin series is the core of the character (and Cebulski's garbage Loners book for his sudden turn to evil), though he ain't the Hobgoblin in either of those things.

The thing is though. They asked for Phil's time as the Hobgoblin. Not as Green, Loner, or MC2 hero.

If there was a Green Goblin list then there be more of his heroic appearances along with his downfall in Loners.

>Ingratiating Hobgoblins

This. I miss him as a heroic Green Goblin though.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Demogoblin

This is my all time favorite Spider-Man image

Neat. This is mine

I have doubts that this was supposed to be Roderick, but then again it was written by Bendis (maybe he forgot that Macendale is dead again?)

The hell? That sounds so Macendale than Kingsley. But then again that's Bendis.

Great now I will want to know the context more. Thanks user. So going to search and download that comic now.

WAs he related to green goblin?

>Putting Chemicals in the sewer

I have no idea why I expected Hopeless to do anything climactic. Either I'm very dumb or too blinded by my love for Kingsley. I guess it's both.
That does sound like Jason "bitter loser" Macendale. Then again, maybe it's Bendis being a hack again and shitting on characters he doesn't like like he did with Captain Britain.

Just to piggy-back on this guys explanation,

THIS
is not a mask. Jason Macendale's face was mutated and gross during his time merged with the demon.Dr. Strange even cast a spell on him so that he thought his face looked normal when he looked at it in a mirror. His Hobgoblin became really twisted and really religiously fanatical always raving about blasphemy and such.

Johnny Blaze, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider attacked him all at once (same issue as the image here) and something about that made Jason's connection to the demon unstable and eventually, they split.

Well on one hand, Hopeless was basically doing an alright job with Kingsley with the opening of the arc. It's just the finale he began acting so-- hands on and began wielding tech he hadn't ever at that point (a larger glider and began to attack Jessica with a flame sword until "Roman Reigns" came in to stop it then got cucked by Hopeless's self-insert).

The actual splitting of Jason and the demon happened in Web Of Spider-Man #86 during one of those low key Kingpin stories that tended to happen in Web Of and Spectacular.

Also, nice office decore

>, fucked up easily by Hopeless.
What happened?
last time I checked he blew up spider womans nanny

> In the Name of the Rose.

Yep I remember that arc. But, I didn't want to fully talk about it because A.) Richard pulled an original Hobgoblin with Richard Fisk dupes. B.) Blood Rose the EXTREME ROSE. C.) It was more Richard Fisk arc, with him using Macendale to scratch that old Hobgoblin itch.

Basically, after blowing up the babysitter, Jessica waged a one-hero war on Kingsley's enterprise. She later was saved by babysitter who turned out to not be dead. Then having said babysitter be kidnapped by Kingsley forcing Jessica to save him.

She then took on a few of his goons and managed to de-glider Hobgoblin which leads to this.

Poor "Roman" doesn't even get the woman after saving her ass.

>same face different coloring
What the heck

Nice penis-leg, Carol.

It's a face he makes.

Having just read the issue. Yeah, that screamed Macendale. Even the way he's taken out, off panel by Spider-Man.

> Hobgoblin is going to show up next in Spider-Man in the poorest Sinister Six EVER.

Goddammit Bendis!

I loved how they hinted that Roderick was already pulling off his twin shenanigans this early in the game.

>the poorest Sinister Six EVER

Pretty stiff competition with Swarm's, Sandman's, and Macendale's.

Sandman's had Al Kraven, Mysterio II, Vulture, Electro, and Venom. It was an interesting line-up even if it turned out horribly.

Macendale's Sinister "Seven" was only put together so they could take out Kaine. It was still a fun brawl showing just how frightening Kaine was.

Swam's was more like a Sinister Syndicate but hey it used a bunch of Spidey villains we hadn't seen in awhile.

Bendis's Sinister Six?

Hobgoblin, Sandman, the Spot, Electro II, ????, and Bombshell. Like who leads it? Hobgoblin? No it can't be cause Bendis thinks of only the Macendale version. Sandman? Doubtful. The Spot? Like Bendis would give him a push?

No it's going to be Bombshell's Sinister Six. That by proxy make's it the absolute worst Sinister Six out of all of them.

>New-Goblin

>but hey it used a bunch of Spidey villains we hadn't seen in awhile.

And Melter and 8-Ball, for some reason.

Now that I think about it, they seem to have become the most prominent out of Roddy's villain knock-offs.

I'm surprised only Hopeless has gone with the Kingpin of Supervillain angle with Kingsley. He seems more good at it than say the Hood.

>Swam's was more like a Sinister Syndicate but hey it used a bunch of Spidey villains we hadn't seen in awhile.

Swarm led a Sinister Six? Who was on the team and when did this happen?

When Spider-Man became a teacher of the X-Men. You know that run where Sauron had a ray that could cure anyone but he wanted it only to make more dinosaur-people.

That run.

Swarm, Melter, 8-Ball, Delilah, Killer Shrike, and Squid.

> that AXIS mini gave us so much glorious reaction images.