>"We don't want Webby to just be the token girl character of the group."
>Proceeds to make her cliche girl power archetype instead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ADrmDqKrAfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_1v_EcjeIkg
youtube.com/watch?v=qEiBaNVk1CY
youtube.com/watch?v=syNrx_XOKxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums never being satisfied as always.

The show's not even out yet.

Shut the fuck up.

From what we've seen everyone's an archetype, give it time

Hi Dana.

what does that even mean

The question is, will she go full Mabel?

please no

its not even out yet.jpg

I don't know what that means.

Yes, the three other boys will have to take turns apologizing to her, and then season finale is all three apologizing to her at the same time

She's got a grapling hook in just about every promo shot.
You tell me.

>Mabel but twice as annoying

>girl power archetype
Is this the 90s?

No! NOT AGAIN DAMMIT!

Is is so wrong to have someone in the cast that's really 'girly'? I always thought is offered a nice contrast to what the rest were doing.

Why is it that people associate Mabel with the grappling hook so much when she barely used it

I know they made a big deal out of it but the damn thing only appeared in 6 fucking episodes

Girly is boring and doesn't fit in well with an action based cartoon.

>the damn thing only appeared in 6 fucking episodes

Just like Pacifica.

Being girly isn't "in" these days.

Ducktails was more than just action based, it's adventure themed. There have been plenty of girl themed adventures that don't suck.

yeah but following trends have worked so well for rebooting shows as of late.

Fan content overblowing actual representation of an aspect of a character. It's an easy way to get away with having something actually suck because the fans works get themselves excited over things the show might not deliver on.

Tell that to all the beta males transitioning to female.

>I know they made a big deal out of it
And that is exactly why its associated with Mabel
youtube.com/watch?v=ADrmDqKrAfQ

Star Vs is pretty girly with the constant pink and purple palettes, rainbows, unicorns, fluffy animals, etc. It just happens to be that all that stuff ends up smashing people's faces in.

>More than half the DT crew used to work on GF
>GF in general has a similar vibe to DT with nieces/nephews going to live with their (gr)uncle
>Webby's voice sounds like someone trying to do an impression of Mabel
>One of the directors said their favorite characters on both shows they worked on were Mabel and Webby respectively

The grappling hook is just icing on the cake.

She's less annoying than the original version so I'm okay with it.

She's also less annoying than Mabel.

It's easy to fix.
Add a second girl. Have them be different. Just like in real life.
It worked in Recess, it worked in The Weekenders.

Why do people like Mabel, again?

Mabel is the new archetype girl character.
Everyone wants a Mabel in their show.

Why?

She's a Donald fangirl.

The word you're looking for is "quirky". It seems every 10 years, we add one more archetype to the list of acceptable girl characters:
>quirky
>strong and independent
>love interest

And more often than not, their major character flaw will be that "they're too competent at what they do".

The only time a show seems to have variety is if the show is 80% girl characters, like MLP, Loud House, Steven Universe, Mighty B!.

I don't know.
Because they can't come up with original girls themselves?

Every show should strive to have their own Dee Reynolds instead.

Also it's always one girl, no matter how big the group is.
It's a revolutionary step, as they started to add 2 girls per group mid 2000.

Anyone else surprised they didn't change Donald's name for this?

No one really refers to Trump as Donald alone.

I don't get it.

Honestly, the only reason I am hyped for DuckTales is because we might get more Dolan outta this.

The grappling hooks appeared more than some secondary characters. Should we not consider those characters to actually be part of the show?

>we get a few seconds clip of Webby being crazy about war games, disregarding the rules and shooting the nephews
>a few little bitches on here decide that liking NERF guns = "girl power" because ?????
>Webby is a huge fan of adventures and Donald Duck
>Mabel was the opposite, not giving a fuck about adventures
>they complain that she's "just like Mabel" despite being the opposite of her in important ways just because Mabel held a grappling hook a few times though it barely appeared

It's a couple of people on Sup Forums are fucking retarded episode.

Also good b8 since I bit OP now stop making this exact same shitty fucking thread twice a day.

Donald Trump joke

And since Trump is evil, Disney should change the name of Donald Duck

For...reasons

The horse show originally only had 5 mane characters. Hasbro had to force Lauren to make Rarity. Girly isn't feminist enough, even for the levelheaded ones like Faust.

she actually wants adventures so no

>She can beat all the boys and is physically stronger than them despite literally having the exact same body template because ???
Because girl power, that's why.

She's the perfect self-insert for every "quirky" woman.

they are already birds what more do you want

goddammit Dana

because her grandma is duck sampson and donald never let the boys do anything

She doesn't even "beat" them, she just pulls a Calvinball and declares that "base" is no longer base, which you can't do. She doesn't actually win.

The joke of the clip is she's way too gung ho about the game, making up autistic "I fought in 'Nam!!" PTSD backstories. It wasn't even about her being competent.

Living without any sense of humor must be painful.

would an ostrich even fit in duckburg?

but females reeeeee

dongus duck

On Sup Forums, female characters aren't allowed to have an inkling of spotlight, otherwise insecure manlets will start spouting "girl power! Feminist much? Yaaaaaas!"

youtube.com/watch?v=qEiBaNVk1CY
>Takes down one of the Beagle boys
>A kick so strong it cuts a tree down

Mabel used glitter and sweaters way more than the hook

I'm not talking about characters being part of the show, I'm talking about an object being part of Mabel when she barely used it

Also, one of those appearences was in a picture

Is your dick not a part of you just because you barely use it?

I pee like every hour so no I don't barely use it

What if he masturbates a lot?

>Men in their late teens and mid 20's bitching about cartoons for 10 year olds.

Is this your first day here?

Do you seriously care about power levels in a disney cartoon?

Anybody or anything could take out a Beagle Boy, they're the stormtroopers/red shirts of Disney. A light breeze could take out a Beagle Boy.

If the show has been on for a while and she's single-handedly saving the day every episode of something sure, we'll have a problem. I hardly mind her actually being able to do something or her bodyguard grandma having trained to fight because that makes sense. But that hasn't happened yet.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Webby gets a "real adventures aren't always fun" arc where something genuinely scary happens to her since her main trait now is about being excited to be around adventurers and go on adventures.

Well if somebody never had sex I wouldn't characterize them mainly as a sex fiend.

Honestly Mabel would have been better if she used the grappling hook more then, what, twice in the whole show. Mabel should have also been excited about the mysteries and adventures. Maybe in a different way then Dipper, like being more excited about the action than the mystery. It was a big mistake to make her not care for the most part because it set her at odds with the audience.

She already has

How so?

>I pee like every hour
Like clockwork

shes a female

>if somebody never had sex I wouldn't characterize them mainly as a sex fiend
That doesn't stop /r9k/.

>
The only time a show seems to have variety is if the show is 80% girl characters, like MLP, Loud House, Steven Universe, Mighty B!.

This feels true but I can't tell if it's just confirmation bias on my part.

>they've probably always got your back
Oh wow

Doesn't she work at Disney?

This Webby is shit. So are the voice actors on the show. Grown as men with grown ass male voices voicing the boys? Their Scrooge also sounds like shit

I hope this shit gets canceled soon.

>Scrooge also sounds like shit
That's what you get when you let Scottish sheepshaggers into voice-acting.

I would hope that'd be a fireable offense

Dana only stuck around to direct (and it's a script driven show anyways) for a few eps

That sounds more like diabetus user...

She only stuck around for a few eps because she got a pilot greenlit by Disney for production.

I guess you can insult their founders and still get a show out of it. Yet, CH Greenblatt mentions he doesn't know what Harvey Beak's schedule is because Nickelodeon doesn't tell him and they gave him a lecture on how wrong that was.

i want fuck the duck.

Or writers could start giving spotlight to well written female characters. Like how "My life as a teenage robot" is still positively viewed on this board because Jenny's strengths and weakness work for her character.

We have an entire board dedicated to one female eccentric show that's filled with grown men. Take your precious "MISOGYNERDS" argument back to tumblr where it belongs

The most popular shows on this board are ones that are mostly girl casts. Who would've thought grown men would enjoy cartoon and fantasy girl characters? Certainly not all of Japan.

>But Americantoons are for kids, networks don't give a shit about grown men popularity.
Well then that's great because Frozen, the movie with TWO princesses, was one of the most popular Disney animated movies in the past decade. Loud House also became just as popular as Spongebob, something Nickelodeon hasn't seen since Avatar. And guess which of DisneyTV's shows is currently the most popular? Hint: the one with the female lead.

There's a huge fucking untapped market here that very few people seem to be touching. People aren't pissed about "g-girls getting the spotlight!". They're pissed that every girl character is either LOUD AND WACKY HA-HA or the insanely strong/brilliant woman who has no flaws.

Where's my girl paranormal investigator who stays up all night because of her paranoia? Or a germaphobe girl who is obsessed with being perfect even though she never achieves it? Or a con-artist girl who is always trying to scam her neighborhood of money to buy candy?

Had she been a dude you probably wouldn't have said shit, honestly the fact that she's into Donald already disqualifies her for grrrrl power because "she don't need no man" is a must for that shit.

Only reddit does.

>Had she been a dude you probably wouldn't have said shit
You're right, because there would be three other dude characters on-screen that make the complaint of "token character" completely invalid.

>Or a con-artist girl who is always trying to scam her neighborhood of money to buy candy?

i thought it was just gonna be a straightforward google for "genderbent ed edd and eddy"

no, no - i just HAD to find this

>One of the directors said their favorite characters on both shows they worked on were Mabel

How? Did Alex's lust rub off on them?

youtube.com/watch?v=syNrx_XOKxo

who do you think is the woman dancing with Scrooge at 5:13?

>no, no - i just HAD to find this
Are you underage? god damn why does everyone on Sup Forums talk like this?

>Where's my girl paranormal investigator who stays up all night because of her paranoia? Or a germaphobe girl who is obsessed with being perfect even though she never achieves it? Or a con-artist girl who is always trying to scam her neighborhood of money to buy candy?
To be fair these have the very tumblr-fangirl "deep personality" gimmick

I'm coming off of my attempts to blend in with the crowd on Tumblr. It's a gradual process.

Because every 14-year old girl thinks sugar crazy con-artists are the deepest thing ever.

They needed something in ep one to show that she isn't just a typical girly girl.

>You hate being pissed on, but when they stopped that and shat on you instead, you hated it too! You'll never be satisfied!

Old scrooge was good tho.

>Why isn't it 9 Old Women? Huh? Huh?

I like how white knights miss the point just to make their target seem lesser than them

Wasn't Fluttershy girly enough?

>>mlp
Horsefuckers are not welcome here.