Just watched this entire series. It's fucking shit, garbage animation with calarts bullshit all over it

Just watched this entire series. It's fucking shit, garbage animation with calarts bullshit all over it

yes

OK

>he watched Bojack Horseman for the animation
>he has to use buzzwords because he can't form an actual argument

I feel as though the primary audience that showers Bojack Horseman with praise do so because they get off on seeing their particular neurotic hang ups reflected in its cast and derive some egotistical masturbatory pleasure in imagining themselves as a certain kind of 'deep, sensitive and tortured soul' worthy of artistic representation; that they too are surrounded by simpletons unable to understand the depth of their personal existential anguish.

But that's just the impression I get.

I guess I'm alone in enjoying the artstyle. While I recognize the complaints, I have a soft spot for water colors.

You're assuming every person who likes the show or Bojack the character is just like Bojack the character. I can recognize that Bojack can consistently be a piece of shit but also has moments of self-reflection. It's a familiar feeling that everyone has experienced: Looking back and realizing you fucked up. Most people only realize what's going on at the second part but the audience for the show can watch the whole thing unfold.

I am glad you watched a lot of something you hate. You don't seem to deserve much happiness.

The show is about Existential Nhilism, it's what liberals get off on.

Also, not one of the creative talent on this show is from CalArts

Today OP stated the obvious

>I hate liberals
>I hate show
>only liberals can like this show

Get fucked kid, you're gonna want that blog

that's a lot of assumption in one post

The amount of people who describe their endearment to the show in terms like 'its a realistic portrayal of depression' speaks to the legions of fans that see in it a of personal reflection of their own social and emotional hang ups and adore it for that very reason.

You can recognize that depression/mental health issues in general take many forms with many different people's personalities without having that personality yourself, user. It's called awareness of other people.

That's quite a leap.

I consider the show gold because it shows a realistic cyclical nature of life itself. The characters are cutouts of archetypes, and while treated like cutouts by others, feel that they are above their own self. It's art imitating life with good animal puns. If you don't like the show you don't have to watch it, but don't strawman it or it's audience if you don't have a fucking argument ie

you seem to be losing this arugment

>to the legions of fans that see in it a of personal reflection of their own social and emotional hang ups and adore it for that very reason.

you mean there's millions of millionaire wash out celebrities going into hideously self destructive binges of excess and hurt their loved ones endlessly?

Bojack is relatable due to the thorough depth and complexity of his issues, not how they manifest. Obviously nobody condones the way he lives, but they exist for reasons everyone can comprehend and find parallels to their own emotional shortcomings.

his childhood traumas and failures to develop as an adult, his failures to face his demons and ongoing feeling of inadequancy and guilt are very much real things everyone faces, but not to the extreme degree he does.

pretty much this

no one's watching bojack going that's me lol

I don't believe that the shows most ardent fans are attracted to it because of an abstract appreciation for a depiction of mental illness like you seem to suggest. The exact phrasing "realistic portrayal" should more accurately be read as 'in line with my own experience'.

>you mean there's millions of millionaire wash out celebrities
This argument is tenuous. A person need not embody every aspect of the character to see themselves in it. It's the psychological profile of the character and its fans that I'm drawing a parallel between. A person can easily think of the character as 'a piece of shit' and still see it as a reflection of themselves with no cognitive dissonance, self-loathing is a significant part of the character under examination in fact. I think you mistake me for saying that 'fans idolize Bojack' when that's not it. It's that Bojack the character, and the show in general, appeals to a kind self-indulgent narcissism wherein the greatest and most 'meaningful' struggle is a self-absorbed quest for abstract 'fulfillment'.

I knew it, whta took you so long man, where were you a year ago? right when everyone on co/ were losing their minds about this steamy piece of shit.
ur a man of taste.
and i said EVERYONE you fucking trendy hypocrites

>I watched theee complete seasons of thing I hate
>I hate thing!

I don't understand people who do this, why would you watch beyond 4 episodes if you legitimately didn't like it?

>It's that Bojack the character, and the show in general, appeals to a kind self-indulgent narcissism wherein the greatest and most 'meaningful' struggle is a self-absorbed quest for abstract 'fulfillment'.

and that has no basis on reality.

the roughest, most reductionist explanation of Bojacks' woes are "money can't buy happiness", a timeless set-up to many dramas. Bojacks' condition as a millionaire fuckwit doesn't really make his problems special or removed from what some less fortunate bastard would experience, it's not vicarious in the least. Rather, the show constantly pokes fun at the vain, neurotic and pathetic lifestyle of the people who live in Hollywood and the general entertainment world. It's a brutal parody of it in fact, and in the story it works as an endless source of poison to feed Bojack's cycles of self destruction.

Bojack spells it out in the show, actually, it's not "meaning" or "success" he wants, he actually achieves these things and they do nothing to bring him happiness, the movies and shows he made, the acts of kindness and charity, the relevance and spotlight, nothing works, everything becomes disgusting to him and he lashes out when his goal of happiness escapes him again, he's mentally ill and constantly becoming more and more desperate as he comes to face this fact.

the criticism of "he's rich and safe and cozy and has anything he can buy" are as ridiculously materialistic as they accuse the show of being, coming back to what i started this post, it's like they're saying "wtf why isn't he just buying happiness?"

The entire show revolves around Bojack's quest for self-actualization, saying 'its not vicarious' doesn't mean that the character doesn't have a narcissistic psychological profile that many fans seemingly resonate with.

of course not, but saying it's narcissistic navel gazing from vain hipsters instead of a legitimate drama just because it's presented in the context of a rich person is ridiculous, and it just gives away that some people can't look past their own greedy impulses

i think those people have more in common with Bojack than the people they slam, ironically enough. They really think if they were millionaires like Bojack they'd have it all sorted out, sorta like how Bojack thought before his Horsin' Around show.

>just because it's presented in the context of a rich person is ridiculous
When did I ever mention anything about Bojack being rich having to do with anything?

to point out the specific ways things suck

to give sucky things a second chance

to take part in a cultural experience, albeit unwillingly

what's not to understand

not you but the post i was addressing in my argument that you made an observation in

>appeals to a kind self-indulgent narcissism wherein the greatest and most 'meaningful' struggle is a self-absorbed quest for abstract 'fulfillment'.

why is a quest for fulfillment, what you refer to as self-actualization, self indulgent and narcissistic? user is saying Bojack is a pampered baby for wanting to do something more in his life than frolicking in his own pudience.

That's your own projections, user. For example, I'd say "Trainspotting" is a realistic example of the horrors one goes through in addiction, but that doesn't make me a heroin addict now does it? It just makes me aware of other people's situations, enough to draw parallels between the movie and people I've seen/met irl. With Bojack, it's the same. Although, if I'm being honest, I did feel a minor connection with Princess Carolyn when she mentions that she ignores her own problems to focus on other people so that she childlishly doesn't have to deal with her own shit.

Because the character exhibits traits of clinical narcissism? Low self-esteem, longing for unqualified and unconditional love, manipulative personality, a reliance on external sources of validation for their own self-regard.

The single-minded obsession of obtaining an nebulous thing like 'self-fulfillment' is an incredibly self-absorbed concept that's in line with a narcissistic personality. It quite naturally stems from a preoccupation with the self as the most important thing in the universe.

Not even psychological analysis of a character is 'projection'/

Can you just, not consume the media you don't enjoy? And instead find media you enjoy and consume that?

If the wine is sour, throw it out and all that jazz?

This isn't your blog. Also, nobody actually watches Bojack for the animation

> watched an entire series he didn't like because he thought he could fit on if he did
What a cuck. Are you still waiting for new episodes of MLP and SU to come out?

OP's post is not even two lines long, sounds like he wasted his time for nothing.

>wahhh I'm a fucking shitty person who drives away everyone in my life.
>I'm just gonna keep saying I will change without doing jackshit about it.
>might as well do more retarded shit while I'm at it.

I just summarized all 3 seasons for anyone interested. This shit is 6/10 garbage made for wannabe nihilist 17 year olds
I still like it though

>the artstyle
The art style is great, it's the animation that's hot garbage. Pay attention for longer than a split second and you'll notice everybody is a stiff paper doll.