Comics for a Spiderman beginner (to comic Spidey)

I missed out on comics as a kid. Im 23 and have internet. Fuck the feels. What are the essential non sjw'd non clone wars(even I have heard of that) comics to read of Spiderman? Help me out. Please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnwADwH4sF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Selfbump?

>What are the essential non sjw'd non clone wars(even I have heard of that) comics to read of Spiderman? Help me out. Please.

Ironically, one of the best recent Spider-related comics and characters out there is of a clone of Spider-man: Scarlet Spider (2012) by Christopher Yost.

It brought back Kaine Parker - this almost forgotten character from the 90's - and gave him a story & personality good enough people here have almost forgiven the Clone Saga JUST BECAUSE it lead to Kaine's creation.

And to be fair, of all the new Spider-heroes, Kaine is, ridiculously, the most unique (inner voice, powers, way of fighting, way of dealing with problems, partner).

And the best of all it's that, being almost self-contained, you don't need to know absolutely anything before-hand to enjoy Kaine's bare-knuckled misadventures in Houston, Texas battling drug dealing, human trafficking, criminal talking Mexican werewolves and the desire to murder everyone around him.

Serious, read this.

Other than that, I also recommend:

- The first volumes of Ultimate Spider-man (a modernized origin and some adventures of a younger Spider-man in an alternate universe, but keeping most of the important stuff and adding some interesting twists).

- Venom (2010) by Remender.

- Superior Foes of Spider-man (comedy of incompetent Spider-man villains.

- Kraven's Last Hunt.

- Amazing Fantasy 15. The comic that started it all - Spider-man's first appearance ever.

- From the horrible Clone Saga of the 90's and its million stories - some good, some bad, some terrible - the following gems:

1. Spider-man: Lost Years.
2. Spider-man: Redemption.

Ultimate Spider-man is a pretty good intro. For Spidey feels Back in Black has some good issues or the Gaunlet spefically Flowers for Rhino. Also the Kid who Collects Spider-man is a classic.

This list is pretty shit mate

>This list is pretty shit mate

I know, but I can't remember many good Spider-man (Peter Parker) stories right now.

I liked somewhat Spider-Island and the Rhino story in the Gauntlet now that it has been mentioned.

But fuck me sideways, Kaine's story may not be perfect, but it's the best I have read since ever picking a Spider-man comic as a kid.

So how are those Spidey comics that came out recently?

Thanks to both of you. Ill look for the scans.

Just a heads up Back in Black is following the Civil War event and deals with Peter dealing with the raminfactions of revealing his secret ID. It's pretty amazing for this moment alone.

>non sjw'd
How about you go back to chugging black cock, cuck.

pls respond

Here's a somewhat good list:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnwADwH4sF4

Author is kinda SJW, but not that much - he's reasonable (grew up in "Middle of Dark Creepy Woods, Some Southern USA state" and is now a slightly liberal-leaning New Yorker).

And he KNOWS his Spider-man (he works in a comic store).

Read some of the old Stan Lee Steve Ditko stuff. It holds up pretty okay.

Read the original Amazing Spider-Man series starting from issue 1.

I am being serious here. The early issues are way better than most of the shit today.

No one ever talks about them, check them out and see for yourself

pretty much this.

This is shit.

Read ASM till then end of Gerry Conway who I'd consider the second father of spidey mythos (Death of Gwen, Harry becomes Goblin, the original MJ/Peter OTP stories, the original 70s clone saga guy that inspired the shitty 90s clone saga)

After that it's Wolfman I think? He might be the one that introduces a new status quo for Pete. Makes him go forward with a new job and all. He is good but the one after that writer who subverts the status quo is a bad writer.

Avoid his work until you hit Roger Stern's issues. That's where the black cat, black suit saga and hobgoblin issues start.

Stop after you're done venom's first appearance. It's downhill from there. If you want to continue stop after carnage first appearance. It's even worse after that. Im warning you both symbiote first stories were utter shit.

Also read the OG spectacular Spider-Man series until the Harry Osborn dying arc. Or maybe stop much much earlier because killing him was a waste.

For the 90s just read hobgoblin lives mini that closes the hobgoblin arc.

For the 2000s read JMS amazing, skip sins past for the love of God. At the same time you have the titles spectacular and friendly neighbourhood Spiderman. Read both, they aren't bad. However Peter David's future Spiderman story was fucking retarded.

Skip One more Day after that and read BND. Keep in mind spidey is rebooted for brand new day. That being said it was a very very fun era of spidey. Even slott is tolerable until spider island. Then it gets shit. Skip straight to dying wish (AsM 698-700) and start superior Spider-Man. Stop reading after that.

I cant hop on the Kaine Parker hype enough. I absolutely love that book

>spectacular and friendly neighbourhood Spiderman. Read both, they aren't bad. However Peter David's future Spiderman story was fucking retarded.

Ok my bad it was Marvel Knights Spiderman at the time not spectacular. Marvel Knights one is awesome, read that. It changes its name to something else I don't remember. One of the few unedgy good Mark Millar comics.

Also for the final married spidey story before brand new day starts read spectacular Spider-Man annual to have to hold by Matt Fraction. Again one of the few good stories by that guy. It was a great read. You can stop after that or continue to BND but keep in mind it's a reboot.

It's like a low tier Marvel Adventures, but have nice stories. Passable, though.

Try Spider-man & the X-men, if you can ignore the adult x-men bitching about how much they hate Spidey every issue, it's fun.

fun

Thanks. Im on the amazing spiderman right now. Its looks good. I feel good. Like catharsis.

>Im warning you both symbiote first stories were utter shit.
I can understand Carnage, but Birth Of Venom is bad? I've only heard praise for that arc.

The entire Ditko run is really good.

the majority of Spider-Man books are good
you could pick up almost any issue over the past five decades and be entertained

Oh, except for the Tinkerer comic, he fucking sucks. But it's short, at least.

Bitches Love Spider-Man

Totally with you on Conway.
I would read all of Micheline, though, at least until Larsen leaves. I liked all that.

This
With Marvel I feel like the best thing to do is usually just start at the beginning and go until it gets too shitty to continue, then you can skip to a good run here or there. But the silver age stuff is usually the best.