Which was better?

Which was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NE5_SMjPkfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>failing to include the best iteration

A good argument could actually be made for them. 52 episodes a season is overkill, but they've snuck a lot of life lessons in there about real things like holidays and equity. Wish people weren't as dismissive of it.

This is post-millenial comedy. It's not about actual life lessons, it's about being "original" by parodying actual life lessons in a cynical way.

You're asking Sup Forums, home of hyper elitism, so be prepared for a lot of answers stating that anything less than 20 years old is shit

Also, this show really brings a breath of fresh air to American capes, they have been incredibly stangant for several decades and just seeing someone trying to make something different with them just feels right. This show is cleary doing a step in the right direction, they just need to make sure the writing becomes better.

I would say the cartoon completely reinvigorated the franchise and brought it to relevancy

I don't think I've ever met anyone who could name a story from a TT comic

Random comedy is the worst. It is a cheap tactic like gore and shock value.Also, the art sucked.

>Lolrandom humor is the breath of fresh air we need

What the fuck are you on about?

The Judas contract. Nice to meet you.

Thats just Sup Forumsntrarians' attempts at trolling

Would you elaborate what the right direction is then?

Nah, a decent portion of Sup Forums are literally children

No, it is fact. The show sucked and random humor is as low as gross out humor. Just deal with it. It is almost as bad, if not worse, than the majority of random shit with no narrative that shows up on Adult Swim.

hello Mr Enter

>reinvigorated the franchise and brought it to relevancy
I would say it did the complete opposite with the cartoon doing more harm then good.

Thats basically what I said, user. Are you sure it was meant for me?

Show had better Raven, and cyborg looked way better.
Other then that comic wins

Eh, it has some cute scenes here and there and the backgrounds are really nice. Also, the character designs are pretty good. Just a shame that you have to watch the TV for it

It'd probably have a lot less backlash if it wasn't just a retooled Teen Titans. People wanted more of the original show, but this is what they got instead. And the creators loves to show that in people's faces.

I'd also say how constantly it's played, but I don't want TV so that's a non-factor for me. Got 10+ TB of Cartoons at any time.

That being said, the show it's great either, but better than some other Sup Forums shows on right now. I'd place it higher mid-tier, as of the moment. And from what I've seen, recent episodes have gotten better, but I don't watch enough of it to know if that's entirely true.

Both are good in different ways; but I prefer the Animated Series. It's a little more streamlined, giving it a clearer point, but because it's a network show, it's never given a chance to fully go in any direction it'd like, giving it less room to go. Also the humor is more up my alley.

>Also, this show really brings a breath of fresh air to American capes

It's just The Justice Friends with a lot less humor.

Interestingly enough OP, I have both the first season and first trade of the original cartoon and comic and am going to do a comparison for myself. That being said this is what I think so far...

The 80's TT where a product of a very disorganized time at DC Comics. Marvel had been dominating the industry for years and DC didn't know what the fuck do with their characters. DC din't know if they wanted to do "bronze age edgy" or "silver age safe". X-Men was doing great sales under Chris Cleremont and DC was despret for a hit.
Along comes Wolfman coming off of a popular run at Marvel on "Tomb of Dracula" and takes a comic that was originally a teen group of hero's from the 60's, and takes them in to the modern age. There's still as lot of cheezyness from the pre-crisis era, but it's still solid in terms of character, art and story.

Plus they went toe-to-toe with the X-Men at their peak in sales numbers.

The comic because it doesn't have Greg Cipes in it.

Yeah, I have a friend who read comics back in the 80's who was a total Marvel reader (no DC) but TT was the one exception to the rule.

You're agreeing with the guy you responded to

>things like this will never happen again

What kind of joke is this, OP? The cartoon is brilliant, pure and simple. The comics are just average capeshit for the most part.

>doesn't know the Titans comics showed for the first time two characters sleeping together and a villain fucking an underage evil bitch

Look how small and far back Wolverine is. Also Raven would be as prominent as Jean today.

>underage evil bitch
Terra did nothing wrong

In the comics, plenty. She was conceived as an anti-Kitty Pryde, and made the readers believe that there would be a redemption arc for her after her betrayal. Nope, she remained a cold psychotic bastard until her death.

Top one.

But her betrayal was literally the only bad thing she did, which is why I say
>Terra did nothing wrong.

>Show, don't tell.
Fuck Wolfman. He tried to take the hack way out by labelling Terra as insane so he doesn't have to explain why she was evil in the fiest place.
>made the readers believe that there would be a redemption arc for her after her betrayal
Fuck this as well, you're not cleverly subverting cliches with this shit wolfman.

random humor can be good when they go into complete absurd territory like 12 Oz. Mouse

>I wanted Terra to be mai waifu

>Feeling lonely Robin...

This was pretty risque for a "Kids" show.
youtube.com/watch?v=NE5_SMjPkfY

Does that make it good though?

>Did nothing wrong
>Except for that time she did

A small one time thing that gets constantly overblown.

When I was a kid? The cartoon. As an adult, the comic. I don't know why, but I can't enjoy the old cartoon like I used to..

Yes, because it contributed to flesh out the characters beyond their costumes and missions.

Bottom. I still enjoy the top one, it's a good kids show, but the bottom one is still the superior product all-around.

Not even close. It started out okay, but went to shit rapidly over time. Why Cartoon Network keeps showing it all day, every day is beyond me.

The comic was good until after the Judas Contract which had its own issues.

The problem with the Judas Contract wasn't Terra being evil, it was Wolfman pretending that Deathstroke did nothing wrong. To make things worst, Deathstroke continued to do everything wrong and Wolfman continued to pretend he was innocent.

I'll get flamed for saying this but the 2003 cartoon handled the Judas Contract, Terra, Cyborg and Raven better than Wolfman ever did.

>Ships BB/Rae
>Hates Dick/Star
No, fuck that show

>kids show
How?

New Teen Titans because it still looks good in 2017

BBRae was all but confirmed in the cartoon.

I could walk into any comic shop and anyone there would say the Judas Contract.

Yes lets blame everything on the generation after us. Like literally every single generation ever.

The show was good but it would be stupid to say it's better than the Comic run that it was based on. The whole reason the show exists is because that run by Wolfman/Perez was so great and the characters they introduced were so well liked.

>I'll get flamed for saying this but the 2003 cartoon handled the Judas Contract, Terra, Cyborg and Raven better than Wolfman ever did.
Kind of? They could only handle it the way they did because Wolfman wrote it in the first place.

Hindsight is 20/20

The comic is better, but the show is what made Teen Titans popular.

Casuals will say its the cartoon and will spout some shit about how much more creative and nuanced it is than anything that ever came before it, but they would of course be wrong.

It made it popular now. I can't overstate how popular the Titans were in the 80s.

Seriously. If, like the X-men, they could have kept their momemtum going, we would be now talking about the 4th Titans movie with Alexandra Daddario as Starfire.

If the Titans had as successful a cartoon around the same time as X-men TAS that's probably accurate.

>The problem with the Judas Contract wasn't Terra being evil.
It was for me, Terra was a bitchy cunt but that doesn't make her truly evil and she didn't really do anything irredeemable.

I don't agree with that logic. Yeah it gets points for originality, but that doesn't mean an adaptation can't improve some things

Everything teen Titans did right in the 80s was basically "be more like Marvel"

>Cartoon
Better characterization, design and cohesion. Much more solid work without any lame duck team members.
>Comic
More inventive, makes best of a pre-existing situation.

>Cartoon
>Better design

Perez art blows the cartoons pseudo-anime style out the water

Do you think The Judas Contract is a good stopping point for TT?