Justice League #25 Storytime

what the fug is even going on

The chick from the previous story arc that betrayed them and is like a watcher or something older than time monologs about Rebirth while a sentient mind control virus awakens on Earth after millennia of slumber.

DId DC take this straigth from that Iron Man page?

>Great
>Muslim
Inshallah! Haram! Off with his head before I do it myself with my shoe!

They switched the word bubbles between cyborg and baz

This is a really mediocre cover.

This is the better of the two covers, which isn't saying much.

It's a really mediocre issue too.

I doubt even the writers know or care.

Well that was fucking dull.

Thanks, OP.

Wow, he's a fucking manlet. Every girl on the team is taller than him, even though he's standing in the front.

All about REBIRTH eh?

Oh wow I forgot he's a Muslim

And the writer forgot every aspect of his character besides that he's Muslim.

This sounds like what Grant Morrison would write if he had an IQ of 85

I love how this broad keeps calling Batman by his real name in front of a room full of people and he doesn't even react to that. Top notch writing there.

They probably are thinking of another Bruce. Maybe Bruce Campbell.

Why does Vic suddenly have human arms?

Probably an artist mistake

But in his DCYou solo he was able to turn his tech components into organic

Well Supes is supposed to be 6'3 or 6'4. The girls are almost as big as Supes in that picture so that makes them 6'1 to 6'3. Not really fair for Baz. But he still looks under 6 foot so manlet territory

He's done better covers but I do like this. On his website you can sometimes fully colored versions of the line art/adult coloring book style we see here. Pic attached (the variant for JL #23) is an example of a colored version of the line art (I believe these are higher cost variants at the LCS?).

The Mera variant he did for the last issue was excellent and DC really should nail him down to at least do a run for them, versus just doing these variants.

It's an artist/perception issue. If you drew a line, he's the same or very very close to Vic's and Barry's heights, likewise to the top of the head for Jessica and Mera. It's only that he's in between Diana and Clark.

Some people even draw Diana taller than both Bruce and Clark. The girls are definitely drawn at least 1.5 or more shorter than Clark. Simon looks the same height at Barry who I believe is 6.0 or 6.1" per the Who's Who books.

soooooooo
Arthas?

I thought Barry was 5'11, or was that Wally..
Anyway, looks like Mera has her knee bend a little, she might be fucking 6'4 in that picture.

>All the lanterns make the same gun construct
What's the fucking point of drawing the guns then?

"Nothing can ever beat the darkness that is editorial, Batman."

>Another fucking not-Starro plot
Is this the third or the fourth? I've lost count.

every aspect and then some. this is the lantern that cured his own brothers disease through faith (and a green lantern ring) alone.

hell, the first couple of issues he appeared in every other phrase out of his mouth was declaring the will of Allah. it actually made him unique in that respect.

wonder woman is canonically 6'3". although that may change due to Gal Gadot doing a decent job in the movie (synergy). Superman also stands about 6'2", give or take a foot, depending on whether or not he's instinctively floating when he feels threatened.

According to wiki WW is 6'0, which I think is off for an inch or two. Anyway, Superman is taller and has (almost) always been drawn taller

Does it seem strange to anyone else that with a Justice League movie coming in November, THIS is the state that the book bearing that name is in?

Or, does it seem appropriate?

Who is Hitch fucking to keep his job?

>Bruce not believing in God

It's ALWAYS depending on writer with you, Bats.

>"I never really prayed before"

What about when you healed your brother with prayer?

She calls him Bruce in front of the guards.. okay

>it's all about rebirth

BRAVO

>calling him bruce in front of the guards
come on now

>I don't believe in god.

I'm confused are they talking about manhatten attacks or all the stuff happening in Metal?

Cunningham is the worst DC editor at the moment

Nah, mate he's definitely a manlet, and I mean a real one, not the Sup Forums variant.

that was fun

Manhattan. The Metal thing is far too new. Plus there's been other references to other Rebirth related stuff.

The DC Wikia and the Who's Who books (which, admittedly have stuff which is out of date since they predate Final Crisis and I guess Infinite Crisis), has Bruce at 6'2" and Clark at 6'3" - no idea what Diana's height is supposed to be, most artist draw her at or smaller than Bruce, but some (Darwyn Cooke, for example) always drew her as taller than anyone else in the JL. Not just in New Frontier but anything else he drew.

Well Bart is a midget and he's Barry's blood, so... but yeah, you are correct. Barry's canon height is supposed to be 5'11" and that includes post The Flash - Rebirth (not to be confused with the current DC Universe Rebirth).

so aquaman can"t handle being on the JL and king at the same time to improve relations? Or is this to add another female to the list

Arthur got overthrown and is in hiding / is supposedly dead

This is the beginning of the next Crisis right???

>The children of the Justice League?!
So Demian, Jon and who else??? Children from the future? Aquababy? Tornado Twins?

That was something that was really good about the Morrison/Waid/Kelly JLA run. The reader could figure out who knew about Bruce's identity based on when they properly used the codenames.

you are missing the third axis. Depth can make things look bigger or smaller then they are.
Also you comparisons are off. Amazon's are know to be tall. Cyborg is said to be built like a pro football player, which is about 5" taller then average. Superman is also know to be big. Don't know about the trident chick but assume tall alien or something.
So that puts him and Barry in the average to slightly above average range, standing next to giants. So of course he is going to look short.

>mera
>tall alien

Timetravel, probably. They're from the future in some way at least

I think an extra dimensional penal colony offspring trained as an assassin from birth in a long ancient old multi generational revenge plot to make Atlantis suffer counts in the "or something" category.

But honestly I just remember her as a wonderful stay at home mother that made seaweed crackers whenever Superman visited.

Clearly they made some changes to her quiet obedient wife persona over the years.
Thus I hardly recognize her.

this wasn't bad at all

Hey Bruce don't mind all these workers walking around us. They don't care about your secret identity. Bruce? BRUCE!

Hey look at Mera all happy and smiling. It's like her husband isn't in danger/imprisoned /exiled and missing. She's just happy and posing with her team..

it was just dull more than anything

That's really the worst problem of all DC titles. Last shite book in recent memory was Superwoman's first arc. The rest is just inoffensively bland

I actually quite liked this.

>Hitch is a bad writer
that meme needs to die this was a good issue
people defend all sorts of Rebirth shit and this is actually pretty fun

>met a few
>didn't believe in them

Well someone didn't do their fucking research on Batman's beliefs.

So Aquaman's a girl now too?

He will transition into Mamoaman soon, just relax.

She was EXACTLY like this in the New 52. I never read Arthur outside the very early Silver Age stuff so no clue about any other time frame.

I want to like this book, I really do. But it constant brings out like every trope I hate.

>Big alien bug thing invades and infects people.
>Done to death a million times.
>Ohhh look Justice League kills it off in one issue.

>Ohhhh ancient evil.
>Boring, done to death.
>Unbeatable, The Darkest Darkness of the Darkness!
>Oh look more predestination stuff.
>No one can beat this guy he has ZOMBIES! Just totally not like the bug thing in the first issue.
>Welp Justice League kicked it's ass in one issue too.

It's just so boring and repeatative and the issue is talking about things being a cycle. Well the writers can't think outside a cycle of what's been done to death millions of times.

Simon's level of piety depends on the writer, pretty much. Generally, he's religious in the same way your Pakistani buddy at the nightclub is religious, but I remember a panel in Red Lanterns where he straights up recites a line from the Quran to Guy Gardner.