Telltale's Batman

What does Sup Forums think about season 1?
p.s.
season 2 comes this august.

Other urls found in this thread:

telltale.com/news/2017/07/announcing-three-brand-new-seasons-for-three-beloved-telltale-series/
youtube.com/watch?v=hXRbi8Elxx0
youtu.be/H1UnOysihiI?t=586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked it.

It's a neat little Elseworlds tale.

First season was neat with the focus on the Wayne family history, and Bruce coping. Season 2 looks to be uninteresting with another Joker story.

BATMAN

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

Some gameplay and choices that matter would really help.

Well. Here comes the problem I have with Telltale's batman. Character design is so boring and tasteless. Wether it's Lady Arkham or Joker himself, they look worse than some CW or Smallville material.

I enjoyed my time with it, fun story with some neat twists
My biggest complaints are how they handled Harvey and the main antagonist.
Looking forward to season 2 being finished so I can play it in a few sittings

new suit looks neat

better than the bulky ass trash that was S1

Awful. Like watching a bad TV show. Detective gameplay could have been cool if it wasn't designed so an infant could do it.

With an adventure game you have so much potential to do things you can't do with Batman in an action game, or in a movie. So what do they do? They rehash the same early years Batman story we've seen a trillion times and leave you no control over anything.

Any other screenshots?

Will it actually be playable this time around? I don't have a beast, but can comfortably run Hitman Absolution on low with 1600 resolution. It should run Batman without an issue.

On par with the straight to DVD animated DC movies, so it's real shitty but still has some enjoyable parts.

I only "played" the first two chapters before deciding to just watch the 3rd & 4th on youtube. Didn't even watch all of the 5th one since the story was pretty boring.

Telltale batman didn't run properly? Or are you confusing this with Arkham Knight?

>The Riddler has returned to terrorize Gotham City, but his gruesome puzzles merely foreshadow an even greater crisis. With the arrival of a ruthless federal agent and the return of a still nascent Joker

So...Rick Flag and Waller?

Yeap

Not him but Telltale Batman had some real jank and engine problems

It didn't run properly in the sense that it was very slow, and the wire-frames could be seen on certain elements (doors, guns, floor, etc.). Just for the record, I played The Walking Dead Season 3 without a single issue.

Maybe it's because I don't have an NVidia or AMD, but I don't understand how I could run every other Telltale game easily.

>Punished Alfred

season one Chugged like none other in some scenes. Driving was the worst, I've got a 6600k and a 1070 and it would get to below 30 fps at times.
This is a new issue tho, it's well known that Telltale's engine is hot garbage

Batman just wasn't meant for PC users I guess.

I know nothing of video game programing but the telltale series seem like they should be a breeze to make compared to other games

It's not that bad. It ran just fine on other games, but his one for some reason was a piece of shit.

>new
*Known, I meant known

WOLF AMONG US 2 ANNOUNCED!

Man, I wish I wasn't getting so tired of the Telltale formula, I enjoyed TWAU.

They made him not look like archer

The engine they use is like over a decade old, they can "improve" it all they want but you can't really use that to replace just making a new one

telltale.com/news/2017/07/announcing-three-brand-new-seasons-for-three-beloved-telltale-series/

Also Batman season 2

don't fuck with me, I need sauce

Looks like it

Trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXRbi8Elxx0

It made me second guess Gordon. Which when the other shoe dropped I realized I fucked up good.

>The War of Jokes and Riddles: The Game

TWAU was so good I checked out Fables.

Fables was so shit I stuck with the game.

TTG's color pallet was more appealing since they knew they could use it to evoke feelings and mood, instead of like the first two comics which just used color to fill in the white spots in the art.

That and Willingham seemingly couldn't make each character sound different. They all sounded, to me, like they were reciting Willingham's speech, but just changing out whose turn it was to do so. Whereas TTG's game made each character have a distinct personality, even if they did fuck the lore a little. That and Bigby was a really nice guy to see interact with characters in the game, but in the comic he just seemed like the "lone wolf" archetype, minus the interesting personality.

>Tfw not gay, but I still have to admit he is pure sex

>They rehash the same early years Batman story we've seen a trillion times and leave you no control over anything.

It's like you never played or watched season one and are shitposting for no reason.

Nice
Now all I need is Tales Season 2

youtu.be/H1UnOysihiI?t=586

9:46 if the embed doesn't work

Fucking finally.

Just need a second season of GoT and I'll be good.

Sounds about right.

Looks like they touched up the graphics a bit.

Had to restart my game twice because of fuckery 5 months after launch and day one was literal hot garbage with wireframe and piss poor FPS

Joker is my husbando

FUCK YES

Can I romance the Joker in this one?

I played the first two episodes before getting sick and bored of it.

Ugh, nothing against Waller, but I'm not a fan of making her a Batman character.

Well they never walked back that Thomas Wayne was a bad guy.

It was good, but it had a number of plotholes or weird ideas that were wrapped up too early.

Not to mention that we never even find out if the Children of Arkham knew who their leader was under the mask. She never even interacts with any of them over the entirety of the game.

This reminds me of that Jewish meme picture.

Did he mix up his dry cleaning with Green Arrow?

it was hilarious, i was playing with some friends, and i failed the first qte to catch catwoman while she was falling, then batman just kinda looks at her while she falls then gets sad, we couldnt stop laughing

I hope Joker still isn't important, he's just hanging around.

Doesn't she pretty much exclusively hang out with Batman or the Suicide Squad these days?

I hope this guy comes back.

>Waller is skinny again

what the fuck

She's like Oprah Winfrey.

OP let me just say if anyone ITT is saying your choices don't matter they played it once.

You can or can't get a new suit.

You can or can't save Harvey from the Two Face persona.

You can or can't fight either Penguin or Harvey as the end game set piece and the levels are very different.

You can or can't get disfigured in the last fight.

Riddler is perfect for the Telltale format. Hope they pull off the puzzles well.

That's a weird take on Doctor Phosphorus.

Better twist than Arkham Knight.

By disfigured do you just mean getting your ear torn?

>You can or can't save Harvey from the Two Face persona.
No you can't, not really. He goes all schizo and starts flipping a coin to make life-or-death decisions while on a murderous rampage. He might as well BE Two-Face, which is a far cry from an actual 'Harvey Dent as mayor' storyline.

You have failed this riddle.

We'll now you jinxed it.

In any case, if this promo image is any indication, then Joker will get all the focus. Crossing my fingers for some lewd Harley at least.

I don't think we are getting Harley just yet, so far there's hasn't been any indication of a Harley or Dr.Quinzel existing in the story. That could change in Season 2 of course, then again she wasn't mentioned in the IGN article or in the trailer

I hope not. There has to be at least one Batman thing on now that is free of the Harley meme.