Adventure Time Thread

Posting best Finn as thread image
My opening topic will be: What's wrong with fanfiction writers? I don't understand. A few threads ago I saw an user recommending fanfictions to another user, and out of pure curiosity I went to the first link provided, a story called "What am I to you". It actually looked really well written. They had a good understanding of the characters and stayed true to how they acted. I checked out one of the next ones, which turned out to be written by the same author. Key detail here, though, is that it reminded me VERY MUCH of what happened to Theon Greyjoy in ASOIAF. So, went to the author's profile and saw that they had written a crossover between AGOT and the cartoon about a Stargirl. What the fuck goes through these people's heads? You have a talented author, in the vast minority of fanfiction writers, and they're writing about AGOT Lannisters meeting cartoon characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNm8ZBYMZck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related, are these people sick or something?

I haven't been able to find any about life for humans right after the Apocalypse.

lmao they forgot to have fin's hair be effect by lighting what a bunch of hacks

It could be worse

I found one with Simon and Marcy, but it was a what if.
If Simon just became immortal, not insane.
Never found one focused on the life of humans.
I'd imagine this, but replace with Rainicorns

threadly reminder that he will NEVER EVER get a happy ending

They already ruined it by making him and Ice King separate entities.

they aren't seperate entities, ice king's personality is just seperate from Simon's because of the crown warping his thoughts. they both have the same body, just altered when he wears the crown. are you thinking of Evergreen?

I have a baseless theory about Lich and his connection to GOLB
Back in Gold Stars, he says-
>Before there was time, before there was anything, there was nothing
>And before there was nothing...there were monsters
Knowing that GOLB erases whole worlds from existence, perhaps the Lich (like Finn in Puhoy) managed to escape GOLB destroying the realm of monsters and that's why he refers to himself as the final scholar of GOLB. He is the final monster from that time before time

orgalorg's still around, isn't he? albeit trapped in gunther, but he's still alive and can still wait for another opportunity to regain his powers.

I don't want him to be cured. That would throw away all the growth he's done as the Ice King, and cheapen the entire Simon/Marcy storyline. Elements seemed to hint he would stay as the Ice King, so hopefully that's true. Although pic related makes me think otherwise. I have no idea what's going to happen.

Hey can anyone help.

I found Ketchup, fionna, and whispers online easy.

But abstract, which has even aired on TV is no where, nor is whispers.

Anyone have a link to download for at least abstract?

Maybe Lich doesnt know about Orgalorg or because of the whole Gunther thing he considers him out of the picture

How would Simon feel knowing Betty tried to destroy him because she couldn't handle him being IK

Remember the old days of this show? I miss theory crafting and caring about all the little details. The lich saga fell so fucking flat that I realized they weren't going to do shit with all the depth they had. I bet a higher up wanted AT to be syndicated but reruns are hard if theres a decent plot at all.

I once read a short fic about Finn and Marceline. It was cute and sweet, I really liked the descriptions and all the lines looked like something characters would say in a show. It also was about Marceline non-fatally vore'ing Finn.

any chance for help finding those two episodes Sup Forumsmrades (bonus points for any other old guard Sup Forums still on here)

user, I...

Well, Betty is crazy right now, so maybe he'd cut her some slack?

>Watching AT for plot
The Lich was always a very one-dimensional villain. Doesn't make him less awesome though.

They've been pretty consistent with the Crown's origin and lore
>I didn't steal it! I made that item. Made it with magic that I stole!
Evergreen made the crown with the stolen magc jewels of Magwood, that big lava monster
The only thing I don't think they've brought up again is the Crown crying on the shelf saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"

>I'm sorry, I'm so sorry
What episode is this from?

What Have You Done

Those who cry were probably souls of those who Crown have in itself.

didn't the farmworld crown "mourn its master's loss" by itself? I think it's safe to say that the crown is sentient in its own right, and not due to the AI personalities inside it.

I once read one with a good plot, a well-worked setting, and the best characterization of Huntress (at that time she still had no dialogues in the original series), but God, Finn was the most edgy Gary stu character I ever read. The ending still hurts my heart.

But I admit that the Vampire vs. Dryad fight was glorious.

What Have You Done
Here's the clip
youtube.com/watch?v=MNm8ZBYMZck

s1 AT is really weird to watch now.

I still think it's charming as fuck, the facial expressions were much more interesting than the current show

Would it need to be firsthand accounts from people, or could it be 3rd person?
>mfw would gladly do so, but since fandom will be dead soon, haven't watched the show in years, I don't know where to look for info for that time, I don't have any ability to do so

Hey, I still like it too. My point is that the shift is jarring when you go from 8 to 1.

I am glad they stopped doing the eye pop thing though.

I think I read some weird shit like that but I'm pretty sure Finn ended up getting digested in what I read. I hope there aren't two stories like that so I think one of us is misremembering things.

>I didn't steal it! I made that item. Made it with magic that I stole!
Holy fuck I forgot about that

Did they really plan that ahead or is the AT team the greatest retconners of them all?

>fandom will be dead soon
don't say these things user

The latter.

AT just tries to match canon to what's been done in the past, it's the same thing Homestuck did.
Sometimes it gets real fucking retarded like when they make Gunther into a cosmic god warmonger just because 5 years ago Marceline's dad joked and said Gunther's soul was pure evil. Times like that it's pretty fucking stupid, but most other times stuff works pretty well.

There's always a bit of autism when it comes to "creative types".

I'll never understand why the Adventure Time fanfictions are so degenerate and just overall shit quality

It went downhill before this but this is the exact point when Adventure Time died to me.

Mine was the episode they killed Finn's character to end his relationship with FP

Would you believe me if I told you that several years later they were able so salvage part of Betty's character?

No, I wouldn't.

After a fill thousand years of wearing the crown, Simon only looks like the Gunther/whathisface mix.
I doubt another thousand would mutate him that badly.
I mean, we're supposed to think that that's the Ice King, but I feel like it's some creature or something wearing the crown.

Good, they didn't.

Fair enough. I still think Betty's a shit episode but they were able to do some decently interesting stuff with her over time imo.

why are you autists still hanging around the threads to whine about how the show's dead to you? it's been 3 years since Betty aired, give it a rest

I did really enjoy parts of this episode, like Simon preferring death over life as the Ice King, but it was a bit of a clusterfuck.

You Forgot Your Floaties was amazing. Single handedly made the Betty subplot worth it.

Because it takes a lot of effort and dedication to go into a thread and type about shows that used to air. Why post about anything they used to like?

I think it IS the crown, that has manifested into whatever this thing.

Which begs the question of what happened to IK? It makes it look like they were able to keep the part of the crown that keeps his physical body alive, without making making him crazy. I hope there's more to it than that though.

The only good thing about Betty was Death
>I got you in my sights, Simon!
>Get real, you're gonna be the Ice King till the sun blows up. this is your one chance
>You lose, Simon. Sorry man.

Yeah that was pretty alright.

>I think it IS the crown
Oh shit, you're right.
That was my initial train of though, but then I spent like 5 minutes trying to remember Gunther's master's name and lost it.

It's gotta be at least, 90% the crown, what with the eyes being the jewels and all.
The IK could still be in there, but I just don't see him mutating further than where he's at now.
Although, I doubt we'll ever know for sure considering it was a small segment of the distant future.

Also fuck Lemonhope.

If you're a grown man living vicariously through cartoons and sexualizing them, something went wrong in your life.

Why have the scene in Skyhooks II if they're not gonna address it? They pretty much have to answer it now.

if you aren't doing all of those things you're a faggot

fuck tumblr nobody cares

And I couldn't be happier, normalfag.

Because it's the only part of AT worth talking about.

damn dude you're so cool :)

Wait, which scene in Skyhook II?
The gem falling off his crown?
Seems like there's something to it.

Is it alright if I only sexualize them?

Both episodes were solo-boarded by Steve Wolfhard funnily enough.

That's exactly what tumblr does, yeah

Neato.
Thanks for the trivia, user.

I read that fanfic story too. I thought the GoT references were pretty weird, because like why pit something of that tone with Adventure Time dude. but if you can get past that the story was pretty well written and I liked the concept a lot, Finn getting tortured and kind of mind broken and the rest of the cast having to deal with it.

His other story with Finn and PB is much better though. more like a more serious version of the show and the characters and relationships are all perfect, and no weird GoT shit shoved in.

The GoT references are there because both shows went way downhill during Season 4 and normies are still in denial about it

We get it. You don't like the show anymore.

They're pretty good at that. Like how they turned an animation error back in Finn the Human that kept the crown on Simon's body despite Farmworld Finn wearing it now into an actual plot point years later by having that be the crown of Farmworld Finn's future self placed there by Prismo.

False, GoT was always shit while AT is still good

Seems more like the writers using God magic to fix their mistakes. Still doesn't make up for their laziness in other episodes though, like Marcelino being out in the sun in the Thelma and Louise episode.

>ywn go to prismo's wish-realm
>ywn become bros with prismo
>ywn be invited to cosmic parties with prismo
>ywn taste prismo's pickles
>ywn get free sandwiches, hot tub chill sessions and wish advice
>ywn have an alternate version of yourself turn into your wish-bro
why live

I guess it would be fun to look at ongoing events on an enormous wall sized screen while sitting in a hot tub.

>Sup Forums

She had sunscreen. 10 million SPF+ apparently.

Need mega links please.

As a fanfic writer faggot, I pretty much just use fanfiction as a way to keep me constantly writing so I can practice my shit instead of letting it stagnate. Personally have plenty of non-fanfiction stories going on as well, but I can't speak for other fanfiction writers.

Now whether I'm GOOD or not is questionable but that's just my two cents.

I can't even bring myself to write fanfiction.

The mega stopped working.

Ice King does not get a happy ending, or probably any concrete ending. That was why they made sure Crown-Simon and Crown-Betty got their happy ending together.

This image and Fern just make it look like they are wearing diapers.

Was there even any Finn left in Fern by the end? He acted nothing like Finn. It's like the grass demon gradually took control.

She steals Magic Mans magic and also his insanity and starts stalking Ice King, becoming a recurring villain.

I know, I still watch it. It just keeps getting worse but I can't look away.

Is there any Finn left in Finn? He acts nothing like Finn either.

The grass demon only took control by the end, the rest was all Fern himself. Though the experience changed him to not be very Finn-like, try as he did.

I think it was something where his new body made it hard for him to be like Finn, and the more he tried to force it the less it worked, then he just got pissed and said fuck it, I'll stop trying and just kill Finn then take his place.

>implying Normal Man won't create her redemption arc

It seemed like any time his eyes changed he was totally under control. If Finn died then Fern probably would have lived a Finn-like life for a little while until he failed at it and was totally controlled.

The grass demon was always in control. It was just infatuated with the idea of being Finn.

>Let me do the talking.

Why are Ice King's dreams turning into television shows across Ooo?

It happens a lot, particularly with the color yellow. Not sure why that would happen, surely they just hit it with a filter.. though actually.. i suppose they had a model sheet for 'finn at night' and when it didnt have his hair, they had to just be like 'fuck, where's that finn hair palette thumbnail I had?'
and ditto whenever Jake doesn't look night-tinted, it was like 'oops, wrong model sheet'. obviously these people work robotically as fuck

I think he means the backup of simon that exists inside the crown, along with the backup of gunther and everyone else who has ever worn it

it's all on watchcartoononline

You gotta remember that Fern never wanted to kill Finn the first time around. After he traps Finn in the cave, he says that he'll bring him food so he doesn't starve. It would be much easier to kill just Finn and take his place. If anything, that shows that Fern wasn't completely evil.

Honestly I could see marcie doing something like that in a way that is not fetishy and lame but just 'hahaha finn wants a monster-stomach adventure but it turns out marcie's is.. yknow, not lit up.. and is not fun at all and contains no treasure'

shit I thought that was just senility, but you're right.. that was basically Evergreen talking. Or rather, Gunther's-emulation-of-Evergreen

When Finn attacked Fern in the field Fern was lost at that point, that's when the demon eyes showed up. He wasn't in control anymore.

Pen admitted that early on they had no plans for longterm continuity and just tossed stuff out there. basically like Venture Bros. they go back later and flesh out the tossouts

They said that Fionna & Cake were old television broadcasts that get beamed into the Ice King's head at night.

Do you think Marceline developed a sort of childish crush for Simon while she was a child that she eventually outgrew?