Omg, lemire on black lightning
So hyped

>lemire no longer marvel exclusive
amen

>Lemire leaves Marvel
>returns to Indie and DC doing a solo Mr Terrific book
>not having him right a team book

Smart thinking
I'm still mad about him dropping GA. Hopefully, he does something with the plot threads from that that Percy hasn't used like The Outsiders(although its gonna be confusing now) and the original Richard Dragon.

Also this will be spinning out of Metal most likely.

When was the last time Lemire wrote a good run?

Read his creator owned runs, desu.

Honestly, if its between him and Alan Scott they can have him.

Only Black Hammer has been good since Trillium ended.

his team book work at Marvel was pretty bad.

>I liked Lemire JLDark just fine.

OML

Moon Knight

Remember the last time Lemire wrote Mr Terrific? It just means he's writing Futures end 2.

I hope they don't go there.

Quick Sup Forums give me a quick rundown on Mister Terrific,i only know he has cool Jacket.

One of the best scientists in the DCU. He has little robotic balls that follow him around. He took the name of the first Mr. Terrific after getting a "don't kill yourself because your wife died" speech from The Spectre.
He also doesn't believe in gods and the afterlife, and believes that things like The Spectre are just advanced science.

Fingers crossed, buddy

Bullshit. He did nothing but have Marc wander around and have nothing of value happen while letting the artist carry the book.

Fair play, genius and has a cool as shit jacket.

He is an olympic level athlete, martial artist, genius or at least expert in all scientific fields, a skilled surgeon/medic, and he has a troupe of little floating steel balls that will wack you in the face megafuckinghard. He is Mr. Terrific.

He's already writing 3 creator owned titles, plus one already announced, and I don't know anything about Valiant.

He is a legacy character.
He is the third amarte guy after Bruce and Lex.
He dated power girl.
He is Olympic level.
He was in the Olympics.
Hia porsonality is meh.

He is one of those smart guys that you are OK if they are in the group but can't stop asking wh atom, batman or kord wouldn't be better fit for the story.

Come home Lemire

He also BLACKED Power Girl.

>posting this 3 days before DC announcements
I think he might be drunk and fucking with people

based Mister Terrific

King posted his Mr miracle well in advance.

Thank god

before the thread opened I was worried DC didn't learn from Teen Titans Earth One, Justice League United, Justice League Dark, Extraordinary X Men

> lets try to make Mr. Terrific a thing attempt #18383735

I think he might've pitched this as a follow up to futures end, but he rage quit before writing it.

I don't think they ever really tried. He got a new 52 solo but it wasn't heavily promoted or anything.

and unfortunately the new52 series was a "hey all our books are white, we can't have that" kind of book

He's gonna catch hell for writing a black character.

I only remember Igle being pissed that they made him look like a thug. It definitely didn't "feel" right though.

not canon. fuck off jamal.

Wasn't he fucking Power Girl in the New 52? So he wasn't gay then at least.

>Lemire
>good

Your waifu likes BBC more than she likes yours

Oh yeah, "fair play" became a tattoo instead of part of his cool jacket, which was dropped entirely.

It was awful.

He works a lot better as part of an ensemble. On his own he's just.... a guy who's good everything.

His team books are pretty bland at either company.
Which always feels so weird because he's fantastic at writing families. You'd think there'd be an easy transition between families and teams but guess not.

I feel like he'd be pretty good for a low-stakes F4 book

Lemire could have had the role King has right now, he would have had it all, but he decided to betray Didio.

God, Justice League United was so fucking bland.
Hopefully he doesn't get LoSH.

Then Jeff Parker comes on, instantly makes it rad, but it gets canned along with the trade.

Not to mention this was one of the few books that was trying to help build a non-GL focued space scene for DC

Also
>Supergirl
>Stargirl
>Martian Manhunter
>Stranges
>Animal Man
>Green Arrow
>Hawkman
>Canadian OC

what a waste of such a fun lineup. Man now I'm upset. I remember being so hyped for that book, mainly because I had just finished Sweet Tooth right when it was announced.

I mean, Lemire can still write stories with too many 9 panel pages though

I wouldn't want him on an actual LoSH book but it was fine. I feel like it worked as a re-establishment of the LoSH but it probably was the wrong place to put it. You can't let a new team's book get overtaken like that. At least last time with Lightning Saga they did it across two books so it didn't steal too much space.

Moon Knight
Old Man Logan
Bloodshot is fucking great, I can't believe he made such a good comic with a shitty 90s edgy character

His creator owned books Black Hammer and Descender are amazing

It was also, under Parker, the only book making an effort to expand the DCU.
Since the reboot everything has felt so much smaller since so many characters are gone and the one's we've got barely seem to know/work with each other.

JLU tried to bring back that sense of community.
I'll be pretty pissed if Parker's not on one of the upcoming books.

It was just retroboot, but with dead and/or Reboot characters thrown in.

He better not be fucking around

I didn't even realize it was Terrific until his name got used.

From Tom King's twitter

Terrific in a Dark Matter book, it seems

Mr. Terrific is Michael Holt -- a polymath Olympic track and field athlete with over a dozen PhDs and an amazing jacket. His main claim to fame is being the third smartest man in the DCU. That's not for power rankings to give room for Batman or Luthor, that's saying he's giving a margin of error of 2 people across the entire planet.

Born to a humble middle class family, Michael's younger, mentally handicapped, disabled younger brother died while he was a teenager. After grad school, Michael founded a tech company and made bank. Got married. His pregnant wife was killed in a car accident. He tried to jump off a bridge but the Spectre saved him and told him to become a superhero instead.

Since the he's been the chairman of the JSA, and served as White Bishop and White King of Checkmate (when they were a publicly accountable U.N. organization not a Task Force X black ops group).

Ignore everything done with him since the New 52.

Recommended Reading:
JSA v1 by Geoff Johns
Checkmate v3 by Rucka and Trautmann
Final Crisis: Resist by Rucka and Trautmann
JSA vs Kobra by Trautmann

this could probably be its own thread I guess, but I can't be fucked to do it

Shit, is that Plas? Or Offspring?

Good. He ruined Hawkeye.

That looks like an Outsiders book!

What's Badrock doing there?

Where's Earth 2 Terry Sloan?

been dead for years now