Why haven't they figured this out yet?

>Animal man? Really? Animal Man?

>Teen Titans Earth One
>JLD
>Justice League United
>that shitty x men book

when will the big two learn: NO LEMIRE TEAM BOOK

Hello, Storyteller.

I know I'm the only one in this group who cares, but I'm gonna poor one out for Archie Sonic anyway. Fuck it, I liked em.

Let this be the exception. Am I the only one that feels Plastic Man and Metamorpho together is weird?

JLU wasn't a complete disaster besides the LoSH hijack, I guess?

His admission that he mishandled JLD was charming, his bungling of JLU was "you got your free pass, now fuck yourself"

It was honestly pretty damn bland before the LoSH hijack.

Well, I found his biggest problem on JLU (the only team book of his I've read) was that there were too many characters to juggle, Outsiders isn't as huge so maybe it'll be better.

I've heard his X-Men is bad but AFAIK nothing good has come out of that entire line in a long time either way.

I grew up with the weird British version.

It was a disjointed, lanky, drawn-out mess that also failed to give Equinox a truly stand-alone "read this for her" establishment issue,which a new character needs

It was a big part of my childhood. Not like I've read it in a long, long time of course. But late 90's, it was my jam.

Especially when you have such a great conceits to work with there.

Also the Casting has me about a quarter less excited for Challengers. Which is a shame.

oh fuck is today Wild Storm day?

What'd you all think of the Berger Books announcement? I'm not into every book but I'll check out 2/4.

I like that they're all set out as 4 or 5 issue miniseries. It feels, well, realistic? What you're getting is upfront and you hope the creatives will work to that, although I figure it'll be slanted way more for the trade than the single issue. Emma Beeby is the first woman to write Judge Dredd, which is a way bigger deal for me personally than Doctor Who.

Sadly can't stick around to read this tonight so I'll just give you a friendly bump and be on my way.

Isn't his Dark Horse series technically a team book?

Yup!

GO DEATHBLOW!

Never read the Fleetway stuff, but I've heard good things. Seen that one page where someone is trying to convince Tails to assassinate Eggman JFK style.

It's funny, all day I've been in the mood for some old school 90s platformer mascot goodness. Ominous in hindsight.

Are any of them gonna last more than 10 months

HAVE FUN user

Honestly none of it really seemed that interesting to me besides The Seeds and that's more based on the creative team.

I'm just exited to have Aja drawing a comic again

>I like that they're all set out as 4 or 5 issue miniseries.

Maybe you'll get a seasonal model if any of them do really well.

That's kinda my perspective as well but I'll take a chance on the Mata Hari one too.

Reading it just on the principle of being Berger. I don't really know of any of Anthony Bourdain's creative works, if he has any. I wonder what lead to THAT partnership.

I'm also one of those people who didn't disown Nocenti after Catwoman.

No, no. He's Michael Cray now. "Deathblow" didn't play well with the marketing team.

>No, no. He's Michael Cray now. "Deathblow" didn't play well with the marketing team.

Is that confirmed?
Because the new series has a countdown numbering like The Wild Storm for 12 issues.

Which makes me hope, futile, that it's just prologue for some real Deathblow shit.

So where's Spartan, dammit

>He's Michael Cray now. "Deathblow" didn't play well with the marketing team.
There's no way DEATHBLOW doesn't make a sale better than Michael Cray. I don't know who made that call but they're an idiot.

Hungry Ghosts sounds pretty good, Mata Hari might be neat, I'm wondering if Seeds will be batshit Nocenti or bad Nocenti or maybe even the fabled good Nocenti

HIS NAME IS FUCKING DEATHBLOW

I will never stop being salty about Equinox and how she was fucking robbed.

Yeah. Today's issue was mostly an exposition dump, just to explain what the actual plot is.

Heh, not to gossip, but someone in the story time thread didn't realize at first that Jacob Marlowe is a dwarf. Not sure how one misses that.

Also, am I the only one bothered by how... intense Pris is in this book?

Berger is out of touch. She thinks it's still 1994 and everyone wants to read about "goth slackers".

One of the strips in the Fleetway stuff was Amy and her canary girlfriend going on weird interdimensional adventures, sometimes with a cyborg squirrel tagging along. That was my favourite. As I understand it Amy in the Archie stuff is completely insufferable.

>Heh, not to gossip, but someone in the story time thread didn't realize at first that Jacob Marlowe is a dwarf. Not sure how one misses that.

Two people missed that.
And I'm a third because I missed that too.

I think they want to step away from the EXTREME aspect a little bit, unlike Youngblood.

Ellis has been all about making this super srs bsns.

Also, I think having action heroes that just have an unassuming name is a thing now, like "John Wick" and "Jack Reacher" (I haven't seen either of those)

I really like this Pris, the update to music video works with the conspiracy stuff, and the plot is not structured in the same way that we need the naif POV

that's weird because Emp has always been a dwarf

Rescuing Supreme, again.

Gonna have people wondering why they made a comic about a George Clooney film.

Someone mentioned calling it "Death Blow" or "The Death Blow"...because it's his codename.

I mean, it's not any more cheesy than keeping around WildC.A.T.

>that's weird because Emp has always been a dwarf

I figured it was part of his disguise to not be a dwarf because it struck me in previous issues that "Oh, he's not a dwarf"

Please don't spoil the KFC comic, i need to experience it for myself

>I think they want to step away from the EXTREME aspect a little bit, unlike Youngblood.

Now you look that move up in the dictionary, you'll find it's actually called a "Michael Cray"

>As I understand it Amy in the Archie stuff is completely insufferable.
Don't let Boco feed you his bullshit. Archie Amy is pretty cool, especially once she joins the Freedom Fighters properly, and becomes the team's powerhouse member.

... Dave, dude's like three feet tall.

Yeah, and in previous issues he looked pretty normal sized - and that's what stood out to me.

>I don't really know of any of Anthony Bourdain's creative works
He wrote Get Jiro for Vertigo, one of the few cooking-themed comic books out there.

He's way smaller than Deathblow in the first issue but I don't think JDH makes things super clear in terms of scale.

>unlike Youngblood.

Youngblood is pretty fun teen team stuff right now.

I'll need to re-read that, yeah.
I thought it was gonna be a reveal about his height or something.

Go east for your cooking comics, weebs do it right.

It was a treat but unfortunately not much to spoil.

I'll refrain from repeating the jokes because they are quite good, though.

Oh yeah, I actually even read that. Totally forgot it was him.

You know, I'm weirdly proud that we've been reading comics together for this long. You owls are alright.

>Bedard could have been on Outsiders instead

Get Jiro is pretty good tho.

>Necro-Phil's

the champion bird of my region right now is the mockingbird who woke me up at 5 fucking AM

he can fly and sing at the same time

Honestly does he do anything besides assorted shill comics anymore? I think he was on the SS movie hair dye one too.

who do we have to screw to get R.E.B.E.L.S.?

Not saying it isn't! Really, I just wanna shill Dungeon Meshi.

I also caught up on Golden Kamuy last week and it's basically Blade of the Immortal + Ainu cuisine in early 20th century Hokkaido and it's pretty fun.

I have heard people complain that the perspective is off with him, which yeah, it can be.

Speaking of Jake though, that x-ray scan Angela did... Kherubim skeletal structure is utter whoreshit. Fuckers got ribs in their limbs, what the fuck.

Waid

so how about those Marvel solicits huh

I don't think DC want to be publishing a book called DEATHblow at the same time as DEATHstroke

Everyone, because everyone gets screwed in that.

didn't even bother going through those

Oh god that was so horrifying.
The artist can do creepy shit and over the top action.

>DEATHblow at the same time as DEATHstroke

The devil's brothel

not even with a...

total ass

>DEATHblow
how you kill someone
>DEATHstroke
an embarrassing way to get carpal tunnel

Yeah, CLEAN ROOM showed off what kinds of goddamn horror stuff he can draw, extensively

Aw shucks.

Frankly, I'm just happy to have a consistent source of people to talk to who aren't hideously annoying morons.

Image solicits continue to terrify me.

>Secret Service sequel is FULL SYNERGY
>Stray Bullets has another intermission issue.

Fucking hell

I try my best.

The renumbering is so dumb. I crack up at Captain Marvel #125.

Oh yeah, I can't remember what it was but Chaykin is writing something for DC soon I saw in the solicits.

So looking forward to getting to relive this whole controversy all over again.

there's, like, maybe one book that reads as even slightly appealing.

Renumbering EVERYTHING is so fucking stupid. Tec and Action made sense because history--imagine being an LCS drone and having to explain the Marvel ones.

He's doing one of the Hanna-Barbera books.
The short that was a prologue to it was already pretty risque.

Ruff and Ready

he got an anal sex joke into the 8-page preview, I recall

Vaguely interested in the Underwinter thing as a new series because it feels like clear OGN material all the way through.

Marvel solicitations just seemed sad to me. At least they admit that Spirits of Vengeance is a mini.
At the same time, there isn't too much to look forward to for me in the DC ones either. Shade and Cave are MIA for now, and the only notable change is that Humphries is off GLs and Seeley is on.

That nice body horror

look at this murderer's row of artists who all wanted to work on Mr. X

Shut the fuck up, nigger bitch.

Speaking of Marvel silliness... All hail the new queen of Latvaria, I guess?

I mean, I gotta admit, I'm kind of interested in actually reading that series now. Kinda, it's Bendis after all, but still. Curious to see where the hell that came from.

Yeah, I've harped on it a lot already but the whole thing is so shallow. Almost as shallow as doing a "Civil War II" to cash in on the Civil War movie

It's like someone said "dey like big numbers right? how big can we reasonably make these numbers?" and just did it for everything they could instead of picking things that actually made sense to have legacy numbering.

They should have just waited for anniversaries or something.

Didn't they skip a few for Hulk even?

Clean Room's supposed to be coming back eventually, isn't it? I assume as part of whatever Doyle is doing with Vertigo?

I think BC did an article that displayed a lot of picking and choosing going into the numbering

Punisher, and the Priest Inhumans thing, and I'm gonna at least look at the new Runaways.

I didn't really dig to deep into that, but that reminds me that I saw people bitching about SE and AI Tony. It doesn't seem worth the shitstorm, basic philosophy 101 discussion thing.

Though I think in Marvel you do have canon souls so that throws a wrench into things.

Oh yeah, hasn't PUNISHER: THE PLATOON been promised forever and ever