I'm worried about star, do you guys really think season 3b will be as much of a disappointment season 3a was?

I'm worried about star, do you guys really think season 3b will be as much of a disappointment season 3a was?

Not if Jackie comes backie

Could you give me a rundown on why it was disappointing, just out of curiosity?

I say this as a jackiefag she would come back for a few cameos like janna did if anything. Besides, watching what they're doing to star is hard enough, I don't want jackie to get the same fate

Just do more Kelly episodes and I'm good

My nigga

>Toffee killed off
>Jackie written off
>Ludo just sitting in space for the rest of his life
>Marco being flanderized
>Shipping drama
>Star's crush on Marco plot point completely dropped
>Tom and Star happening with barely any development only to make Marco a cuck
>Tom's entire character in Lava Lake Beach, Monster Bash, and Stump Day
>Marco suddenly having a crush on Star out of the blue and acting like he can get bug puss by dumping his girlfriend and returning to Mewni for no reason
>Eclipsa's character and lore completely shelved until a plot point being added in the mid-season finale

There's much more but those are what grinds my gears.

I don't know, why would it?

Kelly has literally no personality of any kind. It's memed that jackie has none, but it's really kelly who has zero, zippo, nada. She has a sword and an ex boyfriend, that's all her personality is

Star Vs the Forces of Evil is a cartoon show about a close-knit, interdimensional circle of teenage sluts cucking each other in a time of race war.

Additional episodes can start to build on her

lets post starcuck

I'm so glad I dropped after that 4 parter.

Did they really do two seasons of Marco being in love with Jackie just to push her to the side for Star even though Star is taken? hat's wrong with Tom's character now? And how is Marco being flanderized?

Shipperfags are a disease

yeah but this was prime shitposting
i'm feeling nostalgic
this one aged poorly

They should give a blonde hair blue eyed girl like star a better boyfriend, basically not marco

What the fuck?

>spend 10 years pining over a literal who when a goddamn princess from another dimension is right there

this is the worst deal ever in the history of dealmaking

Hekapoo doesn't need marco

Salty much? I don't recall Jackie being anything prior to them dating other than Skateboard Girl.

Who?

>Haha yes we can
>Jackie Lynn Thomas likes this

>disappointment
You have to have good expectations to be disappointed.

Jackie has been given little nibbles of personality each time she appears, same can't be said about kelly

>disappointment
>Battle for Mewni
>The cool climax where Star blasts Toffee and Ludo gives the killing blow
>Jackie dumps Marco for being an autistic sperg
>Hoodie sniffing fanart is confirmed canon
>Eclipsa
>The tears from Starco faggots
>Miss Henious plot twist

I'm really loving this season so far, it feels better than the second, which is rare for cartoons now.
My only gripes are that Ludo barely appears outside of TBFM and we havent learned much about Eclipsa.

>tfw marco decides mewni isn't for him and goes back to Jackie

is jackie just playing some 4d chess?
probably not

All I know about Kelly is that she loves Goblin Dogs, spars with a big cat monster, he a weird relationship with an ex (ex?) and is generally a nice girl. Basically Star without being a magical princess.

>Basically Star without being a magical princess.
Basically not a real character

>can't get cucked if he's not your boyfriend

>What's wrong with Tom's character now?
He's only there to only be Star's boyfriend and only written to be Star's boyfriend. Like in Monster Bash, he only wanted to make out with Star instead of what the party was actually for, and when Star said no, he went assmad about it.

>And how is Marco being flanderized?
The shitstorm started when Sophomore Slump happened. When he returned to Earth, all he did there was blabber aboyt how much he is """royal""" to Mewni and that he's a """prince""" since he thought he had a cape. Alfonso and Furguson got tired of his shit as well. At the end of the episode, Jackie realized that he's only staying on Earth to make her happy and didn't want him to be miserable. Then the fucker calls Jackie "her best friend". Then she passionately dumps him and moves on with her life. Marco goes back to Mewni and becomes even more insufferable, making Star tired of his shit and wonder why he even came back. Then episodes later when Tad explains he's only in Mewni to get with Star, his whole world falls apart and becomes a cuck when he sees Tom and Star kissing. It's a whole mess.

Background information ≠ personality. She's still just skateboard girl.

>all that hype for the last episode and everyone losing their minds waiting for the leak

>Then episodes later when Tad explains he's only in Mewni to get with Star, his whole world falls apart and becomes a cuck when he sees Tom and Star kissing. It's a whole mess.

This honestly feels like karma after everything that's been said/done on this board.

SVTFOE has a habit of picking up near the end of the season
And it's not like I haven't enjoyed Eclipsa's personality, when they finally can't ignore her I'm sure we'll get some good stuff

But 3A has been very disappointing
Toffee ...

Best case scenario we actually get something substantial out of eclipsa. Worst case scenario it's SU all over again.

>posting here because the thread got axed
Yeah, no way.
He's an "amazing", "adorable", beautiful boy with "saucy eyes", "super cute hair", a "cute little mole" and a great tush (this last one was mentioned in a live chat).
Other comments include "pretty handsome", "super handsome", "the fairest princess in the land", etc.
Best boy's dreamy if you were to actually think about it.

what is the appeal behind marco? i don't get it. he's your average sperg.

holy fuck is that really the best flashback they could think of, even I could've wrote a more exciting scene

He wore a dress.

You're expecting too much user

Needs Sayaka Miki and Hillary Clinton.

I don't know user, i actually really enjoyed season 3a, but i do understand your hesitation. I believe that monster bash is actually one of the best episodes in a while, as it was interesting to watch all star has worked for crumbling down, as she unintentionally deepend the divide, her mentor turns out to be nuts, and one of her most hated enemies is related to her. I actually really enjoyed that twist.

Didn't this say "Son of a beaner" last time?

Get with the fucking times, gramps. Star's not the cuck anymore.

why isnt this shit on netflix?

Disney doesn't like licensing their shit to Netflix.

once a cuck always a cuck

They're going to get her BLACKED. Screencap this.

>BLACKED
Yes.

Then that means Marco serves that place as well, cuckfag. Enough of your spam.

>being this mad

i miss S2 ...

>Jackiefags still on suicide watch this long after the breakup
wew

The only disappointing thing about season 3 so far is the heavy focus of shipping. Which we'll obviously see less of

You're awfully sure of yourself.

Friendly reminder that Jarcofags are false prophets

Pic related was more legit than those Jarco heretics

The third season is when every cartoon takes a sudden nosedive in quality and never recovers.

All heathens should burn

At this point, I'm more worried about Marco and Ludo. Star is doing good.

A whole lot of 3a was devoted to what was obviously meant to be "parallels" to season 1 & 2 with Star and Marco's positions reversed. The problem is that actually all just came out as shallow rehashes, and also didn't even make any sense on a conceptual level.

And to even set up the situation required everything that obviously should've happened in the aftermath of BfM to just get glossed over via skipped ahead a month and the writers saying "it was offscreen so we ain't gotta explain shit."

>The third season is when every cartoon takes a sudden nosedive in quality
not always

On one hand I would like to see her come back, on the other hand I'm afraid her going to Mewni. It's like Mewni kills brain cells the more time you spend there, just look at Marco. I can see why Ludo needed to get away from there to do some soul searching.

Oh sure just like Jackie

What gets me is how season 3a pretty much knocked it out of the park with regard to Eclipsa and Meteora and yet managed to be a such a complete clusterfuck with regard to the Star/Marco interactions that had always been the show's strongest point in the past.

I don't think you know what cuck means, bucko.

Wanted to add my bitching, because I went in with no expectations, and still got disappointed on a near-daily basis during the bomb. I actually liked BfM and think it was above literally everything else this season, so I'm just focusing on what came after. Those who thought it was shit often seem not to like the rest of the season either though.
>Star wants to be a better princess and Marco's leaving Mewni after being there for weeks. Why? The show doesn't say
>In fact, most things this season happen offscreen
>We waste time on pointless characters like Lavabo/Jane Goodall/Higgs in the interest of supposedly advancing plot, but just waste 10 minutes on weak filler about their antics while the actual plot happens offscreen or is resolved in 1 minute
>Pony Head is there all the time for no apparent reason other than because we're on Mewni. I don't dislike her, but some of this screentime could have been given to Kelly or Tom or Eclipsa or anyone else we're supposed to give a shit about now
>humor seems pretty weak in general but that might be more personal: most other things in these episodes are annoying me, so even actually decent jokes just might not be sticking
>barely any magic is used despite Star having a functioning wand
>we barely get any worldbuilding or lore now either. Like NONE other than vague shit on the Realm of Magic, Marco using the wand, and the revelation of Eclipsa's kid (and 2 of those were in the same episode)
>Glossaryck is retarded now, which could have led to Star feeling lost or problems with the MHC or Eclipsa as a mentor. Instead, it hasn't led to anything
>Star and Tom start dating, which had a decent leadup but only happened "for real" offscreen, in a way so stupid and vague that a large portion of viewers were genuinely unsure if it had until they started piling on mentions of HER BOYFRIEND, which feel completely artificial. It's impossible to care about a single person in this love triangle
gonna continue because fuck S3

In the Quran, believers of the Islamic faith are blessed with afterlife in Paradise, or ’Jannah.’ When translated it means ‘garden.’ Now what are the letters of Marco’s initials? M.U.D. You can’t have a garden without soil or mud. Therefore Allah ships Manna.

Merry Christmas, anons! Here’s a drawing I had commissioned recently of best girl (since we need more art of her) as a present for you all!

I hope Star kills herself from sadness

>Star and Tom start dating, which had a decent leadup but only happened "for real" offscreen, in a way so stupid and vague that a large portion of viewers were genuinely unsure if it had until they started piling on mentions of HER BOYFRIEND, which feel completely artificial. It's impossible to care about a single person in this love triangle

I would disagree about the "decent leadup" seeing as Star goes from despising Tom to wanting him to be a friend to them talking about going on a date in FIVE FUCKING MINUTES.

Not to mention just one episode before we had Star so obsessively in love with Marco that she's constantly sniffing his hoodie, and the resolution of that ep was her returning the hoodie because she realized her love for Marco doesn't require a physical symbol to maintain. Meaning that the jump to Tom is so sudden it gives the audience whiplash.

The Tomstar whole thing reeks of having been inserted on the basis of "we got an extra season so now all the buildup we've been doing toward Starco is now 'too fast' and we need to artificially slow it down."

>this is a BfM issue too, but the show constantly flips between Moon constantly needing to wear gloves to hide her hideous black and purple dark magic scarring or having her arms as clear as Star's. It's like something straight out of a fan fic: the desire to have a dark and edgy element with no actual effort put in to keep it consistent. At least with Eclipsa it actually worked, since we'd never seen her ungloved hands prior to that reveal
>the mystery around Eclipsa is wearing thin because she has not done shit and we've got like 33% of the season left
>there is literally no consistent villain after Toffee's death outside of two characters in two episodes. One of them is Miss Heinous and the other is Mina Loveberry, and neither are actually threatening
>Marco leaves Mewni for a few episodes, immediately comes back, and Star and the show act like he's been away years. Why not just have him on Earth from the beginning of the season to make that even semi-believable, instead of him having been with Star a few weeks offscreen?
>on that note, the timeline is completely fucked. Months can pass between episodes, but you won't know that until the characters awkwardly point that out
>Marco at first is treated like he might become a legitimate squire. Instead he gives that up because that might be actually interesting, and becomes Star's squire (bitchboy). This is the worst thing
>As Star says, princesses don't have squires. This is a pity job. This is only acknowledged in one episode and then immediately brushed off, despite Marco seeming like he might have been capable as an actual squire.
>Despite this position being meant to put them on even territory once again, Star still refers to Marco as "squire" and orders him to do things he's not comfortable with. Marco follows these orders like a bitchboy, occasionally adding "m'lady." Their relationship is now literal master-servant shit in comparison to the relative equality of S1/2
fucking CONTINUED

I don't like the development either, even the concept of Tom/Star because I'm not into the shipping in general, but I did like Club Snubbed overall, which I thought introduced it okay as a possibility. Didn't like Demoncism but it seemed to continue it decently as well: they're getting closer now but they're still not actually together, right? Until Lint Catcher reveals it had literally happened offscreen.

I guess it could have felt semi-plausible if it happened a bit slower, but it definitely is forced. The problem is that we're supposed to see it as built on Star and Tom's prior relationship, except that was offscreen too.

>Marco leaves Mewni for a few episodes, immediately comes back, and Star and the show act like he's been away years. Why not just have him on Earth from the beginning of the season to make that even semi-believable, instead of him having been with Star a few weeks offscreen?

Better would've been to not fucking separate them in the first place.But it seems like since the crew was really not expecting to get a 4th season, they're using basically the whole post-BfM part of season 3 as filler.

I liked season 3 so far.

>The problem is that we're supposed to see it as built on Star and Tom's prior relationship, except that was offscreen too.
Not to mention that what little we know about their previous relationship is that it was ended up being a complete disaster, with Star hating Tom for the next year and during s1 it's implied she must have told Marco horror stories about "demon ex-boyfriend Tom" which led to him believing Tom was a sexual predator in Blood Moon Ball.

Not to mention that what we'd seen of Tom before this include such things as attempting to brainwash Star into getting back together with him, paying a fake guidance councilor to gaslight her into thinking she'd have no choice but to marry him, and twice trying to straight-up murder Marco for ruining those plans. Yet now the audience is supposed to think it makes perfect sense to Star to take him back? It's bullshit.

>tfw legitimately liked the first half of season 3
Honestly, only episode I wasn't big on was the pigeon one, because its conflict was started by stupidity, and then it didn't even matter in the end.