Mfw I didn't notice the gold tooth on the guitar until later in the film

>mfw I didn't notice the gold tooth on the guitar until later in the film
>mfw I now see why Hector told Miguel not to play Remember Me for the contest

Well played.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6-rfZgQDEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first one is interesting but I don't get the second one? He literally gives the reason why and they show why.

I never noticed the tooth, that's a good catch.

I suddenly started crying when Miguel started playing for Mama Coco, it hit some sort of nerve. I can't remember the last time I started crying at a movie. Littlefoot's mom fucking destroyed me when I was a kid, I guess little kids losing family just triggers me even though nothing like that has ever happened to me.

It's because it's a song for his daughter so it has a lot of personal meaning to him.

I literally saw the twist coming in the trailers.

The song was written for his daughter. That's why he gave the excuse..."Uhhh, everyone played it too much. Pick another song".

Congratulations for seeing through the tangle of deceit in this children's movie

Hands down the best Pixar movie of all time

I would say top 5, EASILY. I went in with meh, and cried quite a lot.

Where did he got the picture of himself?

Died with it? Someone brought it over for him? Hard to say.

Wouldn't he be able to survive just by Miguel remembering him since when he left deadland he was technically a living person who still remembered what Hector did in life? Or was meeting him in death cheating?

Maybe not of all time but it was still fantastic. The last time Pixar gave me feels like that was in the intro to Up.

Possibly cheating? But even then Miguel remembering him would only give Hector a few more decades, and what is decade to eternity?

The very shot that introduces Dante at the beginning of the film has him shown next to the table of alebrijes

Well in those few decades he could spend his time searching for a photo of the guy if Mama Coco didn't already have one.

>I now see why Hector told Miguel not to play Remember Me for the contest

nah, the thing about literally everybody else also doing the song was for real

One of the staff did a Tumblr post saying he died with it. If you want the link, check TV Tropes’ Trivia page for Coco.

woah same

Is there a decent version of Coco out to watch online yet?

user, they said you can only remember someone if you meet them alive

most likely best pixar movie of the decade (Toy Story 3 was 8 years ago.)

That's not true though; it seemed like you could live on forever as long as living people know you existed. Unless that's only enabled by having the photo.

when i saw the movie after spoilered part happened the theater was quiet except for sniffling
its supposed to tug at the heart strings

but they specifically called out that remembering him from the lad of the dead didnt count

Wow, you were smart enough to guess the plot of a kids movie? You must watch a lot of Rick and Morty.

Movie instantly turned to generic shit right after his revealation. Pixar hasn't made a single good story since bought by Mouse. Every movie with stupid twist, goddamnit.

This is a perfectly legit reason too, it's de la Cruz's signature song and de la Cruz is the underworld's biggest celebrity

meanwhile Disney's movies got better and better. Coincidence?

The only good Disney movie since Lion King 3 was Zootopia, I guess. Oh, and tangled

Tangled feels overrated

>Bolt
>Tangled
>Zootopia

Based Byron, Saviour of Disney company.

You mean Frozen. Tangled is actually good and already forgotten while Frozen has nothing good but one song in it and yet super-popular and getting sequel

Plus one of the most disappointing big finale songs
>Tangled had Seen the Light
>Moana had I am Moana
>Frozen had FUCKING FIXER UPPER, sung by the most unpopular characters in the movie

Honestly man, I thought Tangled was forgettable. The only thing I remember from it is I See the Light.

>while Frozen has nothing good but one song in it
Love is an Open Door and First Time in Forever are also enjoyable.

Do you think if they showed more Eneresto with Miguel in the movie advertising over Hector, it would've helped with the reveal?

>helped with the reveal
What help did the reveal need?

But Frida, Ernesto, etc, were remembered by fans who didn't meet them.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6-rfZgQDEc

Best song, best version

They needed his picture on the altar.

that's not la llorona user

When Chicharron died, they explained that it had to be remember by someone who meet it when he was alive

Mexican here

I enjoyed the movie but i also found it very cliche and sometimes pretty stereotypical, i guess it's understandable considering that Mexicans are probably the most stereotyped people on earth

Also that guy Miguel was kinda annoying, i understand because his age and all but goddamit

Reminder that Coco is still plagarism.

no, it's different execution

>97715989(you)

Hey Ese, how common are stray street dogs in Mexico?

My negroid descendant brother

Haven't watched this yet, but:

>posting a picture of a what looks like a comic relief character with a whole bunch of blacked out greentext spoilers

Fucking hell OP, did you just give away the twist villain because you thought you were being subtle? (Don't bother responding to this, obviously I'm not going to actually read any of the posts in this thread).

>did you just give away the twist villain

no, he did not spoil the movie

greentext would be more apropriate.

wasnt it like this whole chain thing, where someone who met the person in real life has to pass down their story first and then everyone who learned that story can continue passing it down?

it was why Coco was so important, because she was the only one left alive who had ever met him

What year is this movie supposed to take place in?

Hector died when Coco was a little girl, Ernesto was a black and white movie star, and Coco lived to be a great grandmother...
somewhere in the 90s or 00s?

well there's a dude that looks like skrillex doing some sort of dubstep shit during the talent show, so fairly modern

>take younger cousins to see it
>"haha funny skeleton movie :)"
>mf 90 minutes later

That was a good scene, agreed. The entire ending was really good.

I can't say I feel the same for the rest of the movie though, it wasn't bad, just not as good as I'd hoped. I think the fact the movie is tainted with cashgrab as its inspiration helped diminish or kill the creative juices used to cook it up. And is it somehow a coincidence that the story involves someone that wants to be a singer and their family doesn't want them to be...like Book of Life which was pitched to Pixar and they rejected it? Or is that something else more cultural...?

Really? You didn't enjoy Zootopia?

I still judge it all by Wall-E

Not that dude, but in my pueblo, not many since apparently this old dude eats start dogs and cats :(

ah yes, Zootopia was a pretty good pixar movie,not made BY Pixar but a pixar monie nonetheless.

Mama Coco looked a lot like my Grandma Cuca so that scene made me tear up.

Agree

Like Ratatoing is different from Ratatouille, riiiight?

If you make a movie about a culture you are bound to find some stereotypes.

It was done for the mouse but they carried the load. I'm sure the mouse will puppet them hardcore from now on and any semblance of them is mostly dead/dying soon and we'll see rarely anything really good from them in the future if I'm being honest.

it was just guidance

>Mexicans are probably the most stereotyped people on earth
Mexicans are one of the most stereotypical people on Earth. Period. That said, there are basically two stereotypes involving the Mexican people; sólo da gracias que se limitaron al más positivo de los dos.

That's not Inside Out, The Incredibles, or Toy Story 1.

>inside out

Keeek

>Inside Out

The idea is that you need to have (a) been remembered by at least one person while you were both alive so that (b) they in turn can metaphorically pass on the memory by sharing it with others. It's how Hector is still around even after Coco dies.

Well it was two fold.
One, almost everyone else was doing it AND it was personal to him.

But yeah, singing what he did sing was ultimately the better idea

Not even a full minute of screen time for loli magane prima.

The mom was way more delicious in her prime, Goddamn that old photo had me locked on to her like I was Gold Leader

Eh, I thought the ending was way too predictable. I don't really feel like the movie needed to make Ernesto a murderous villain. I kinda wish there had just been some misunderstanding in life or something.

That scene where the wife had to dance and sing on stage while avoiding the henchmen was nicely done, but otherwise it felt way too formulaic. Obligatory chase scene, obligatory outting of the villain as a bad guy in front of his previously loving audience, obligatory part where he's taken out of the picture.

I dunno, I feel the movie tonally didn't need a villain.

Did your grandmother beat you with a shoe?

Miguel's mom?

THAT poison?

kek

Mexican here.
Yes.

>mfwfollows hector to a slum. houses made of junk reminiscent of Colonias.
>mfwHe tells us this place is for forgotten people that cannot go to the living world to get stuff so in a way are poor
>mfwhe goes to see a friend who no one remembers.
>mfwhis friend coughs as if sick,
he is completely forgotten now.
>mfwHector plays a song for his friend one last time, then he disappears.
>mfw"we call this the second death"

it still gets to me. good job pixar.

This, anyway it was possible than after miguel returned, hector would have been saved

Panamenians here
Yes
Also every grandma in latainamerika use "LA CHANCLA"

has anyone drawn a comic about coco's death and reunion with her father?

>Coco won't be released in Japan until March
I need the doujins.

you stop that

no!

>Or is that something else more cultural...?
Music is huge in Mexican culture. A lot of the stuff in the movie was very accurate. It's just hard to make a movie about any part of Mexican culture without music being a big part of it. It's everywhere

That being said, at least Coco has Mexican actors playing the main characters and not fucking Channing tatum just to get people remotely interested in the movie. Music was a big part of both movies but I can't even remember a single song from the Book of life.

I feel like Hector's introduction should've been a bit more grand. It would've also been funny if we got a flashback reel to his past failed attempts to visit the world of the living.

He's supposedly been trying every year for decades to get across the bridge, but his latest attempt is just a simple disguise?

>and not fucking Channing tatum just to get people remotely interested in the movie
Eh, that's a pretty common thing for smaller names to do to get people interested in the movie, especially if they arent confident that it will get all that popular.
Disney has their logo on Coco and the money to advertise it well, and even then they tossed Olafs Frozen Adventure up front because even they weren't confident it would attract enough people.
A big issue in The Book of Life is they fell for the 'popular song cover in different genre' meme a lot of smaller animated musicals fall for.
>not remembering The Apology Song

Ironic that both Zootopia and Coco merchandise did not sell at all while Frozen continues to get more and more to meet demand.

it's because pretty snowy sparkly princess dolls are easier to sell

Mexican here. People were fighting over Coco merchandise in the markets. I couldn't get a single fucking Hector, there were only ugly Ernersto Funkos.
I'm angry.