What was the point of showing her past?

What was the point of showing her past?

It gave context to her upbringing and why she was such a bad mother. It also lead into Hollyhock's story.

JOSEPH
DID
NOTHING
WRONG

We already knew that depression and the general traits of being a nasty cunt ran in the family.

they needed an extra episode to fill the season

To literally show us how characters become who they are. I believe the children call this a backstory.

To add another layer to Bojack's story. His problems don't rest on his mother's shoulders any more than hers rest on her own parents' shoulders.

>Why is this tv show telling a story about a character?
Are you functionally retarded? You're asking questions your own common sense should be answering

the issue is that it's unnecessary
it wasn't entertaining, added nothing of value to the actual main character's arcs, and took up way too much time in a show that doesn't have much to spare

felt like they wanted their own moral orel season 3 but it was just incredibly poorly executed

>Tell a story about a character.
>You start to care just a little bit.
>Oh, its just a big emotional lead up for a 5 second long gag and sudden overly loud credits music BACK IN THE 90'S!.

Bojack, is pretty much a shit show and has no real investment or payoff to anything because its shot to shit within 5 minutes of the explanation, or the next episode.

or more simple.
>BAW IM SAD!
>THIS IS WHY IM SAD!
>CANT YOU SEE THAT IM SAD!
>"joke"
Its Rick and Morty "so smart" humor, to fucking be as cynical as possible and "lifes shit mannn" story, we get it. The only reason people like this, is because Bojack is a horse, and it has animal characters in it, outside of that this show is basically every other shit show on now.

They didn't like the fact that she was a woman who was portrayed as being bad. They had to make sure to fix this.

>Its not my fault I'm a cunt, its others fault, look.
Ya, heard that excuse when my drunk fathers sister tried explaining why he was a abusive drunk choking my mom. It wasn't his fault, it was their daddies fault.
>So your saying if I beat you to death its ok cause my dads a shit? Fuck you and your shit."

This is your brain on /pol9k/.

Sup Forums sure is full of fucking morons, isn't it.

Bojack is sort of getting better after this season, but his demons are catching up with him too. It was good to show his parents backstory, because now we can see if he tries to break the cycle.

Also, I think Mr Peanutbutter will commit suicide next season.

To compare two people (Bojack and Beatrice) raised by a shitty family and Hollyhock (who is a cute), raised by a loving, stable, if unconventional family.

This showed that, while you are responsible for your actions, especially if you know why you do them, you are still not guilty for the shit influences that fucked you up.

Bojack has been building his self-awareness throughout the show and trying to improve. Everything before this season, in my opinion, was a failure because he did it for peace of mind or to not be lonely. But when he decided to help his mother by lying about where she was and to help Hollyhock find her true mother, that's when he finally started to improve. Not only did he let go a little of the bitterness and anger, but he also decided to do something good because he didn't want to be a "stupid piece of shit", in his own eyes or the eyes of those he valued.

The first flashback showed she had a traumatic childhood. The second showed that it wasn't the reason she was miserable, but because she made terrible decisions to spite her father for it. It was buildup to Bojack having to choose what his potentially last conversation with his mother would be.

To show you that everyone starts pure and joyful, and then life corrupts then and make them sad and bitter people.
This happens to everyone, and it's going to happen to you.

To show that men ruined her life

(you)

Explain why she's such a cunt. only white male characters are allowed to be irredeemably evil.

felt like a lot of this season was to build up the next season with bojack's dad, like how he had his own book.

How do you know what race the animals are?

>it wasn't entertaining

Speak for yourself, I enjoyed it and thought the transitions were really clever.

to show that she was a victim. can't have a female villain in a show that isn't just fluff.

>confirmed for not having watched the show

Just because you had a shitty life, that doesn't mean you can't be a cunt all on your own. The show makes no excuses for her, and in the end she is safe only because Bojack took pity on her. Because he is a better person than she is, in the end.

>pro-abortion
>but it shows that these two wanting to abort BoJack instead of owning up to his forthcoming existence was vile and even cowardly

What did they mean by this?

Hey fuck off man, that was the best episode of the season.

>Also, I think Mr Peanutbutter will commit suicide next season.
Why do you think that exactly?

Mr Peanutbutter will be accused of sexual harassment next season.

>only white male characters are allowed to be irredeemably evil

Imagine being this delusional that you think a cartoon about a talking horse is against white males.

feminist showrunner

the whole show its unnecessary, but its entertaining, just like that episode

also its the best episode from the season

>What was the point of showing her past?
The "horse show" quinceaƱera joke
It made everything worth it and if you disagree you're a complete retard

I don't think Beatrice was justified for being horrible. They just explained how she ended to be the way she is. It's not that BoJack took her to a better place when she returned sane for a while.
If that's one thing this show teaches, is that not even having a troubled past can justify you to be a piece of shit with everyone and everything.

>Boo hoo poor rich white people: the show

>Mr Peanutbutter will be accused of sexual harassment next season.

Nah. However, Hank Hippopopolous is going down hard.

>felt like a lot of this season was to build up the next season with bojack's dad, like how he had his own book.

Makes me wonder if Bojack's dad was really the wholly negative influence he's appeared to be so far. Bojack has three levels: his outer layer of being a stupid jerkass, his middle layer of a smart, sensitive, kind man, and his innermost core of a selfish sociopathic asshole. Perhaps his dad was similar and that's where Bojack got his more decent qualities.

So, what's the status on the Sugarman fortune?

For the first 3 seasons, I thought Beatrice was a trust fund brat who was unhappily married to Butterscotch, but then season 4 revealed that they both had to live in a shitty apartment after having Bojack? I'm assuming Joseph disowned Bea after getting knocked up, so why did she keep calling herself an "heiress?"

Did she have any part of the Sugarman business?

To help us understand her as a character.

Butterscotch caved and took a job with Sugarman eventually; presumably Beatrice was re-owned then. I think the fortune was eventually lost somehow, or perhaps Beatrice is still rich but it doesn't matter since Bojack is loaded too.

To show the depth of trauma that BoJack inherited from his parents, but will ultimately never fully understand.

The word is pro-choice, user, and these two made their choice.