Black Panther

Defend this character Sup Forums. What's the appeal of him?

I like cats and black ones are my favorite.

Read Christopher Priest's run

>Defend
fuck off back to Sup Forums with the other underage cancer

>Defend a black character
>On Sup Forums
What's the point?

Y'all will just post childish memes

>Defend
Read a fucking book, faggot

Jack Kirby made some radical comics in the 70's and the Don McGregor run immediately preceding is also great.

He is black. He is a king. He has a big cat as a god.

But the one thing I can say that I actually like about this prick is that he always manages to bitch slap Namor.

Wakanda should be in constant war with Atlantis.

He's the only character in fiction that's aware of how dangerous multiculturalism is to a nations health and there for doesn't allow filthy outsiders to force him to import lesser africans and chinese con men.

Shakespearean king (the noble kind not the insane kind) but in Africa.

He did the one thing Doom could never do and cucked Reid.

>(the noble kind not the insane kind)

He killed an entire planet.

While Black Panther is running around the world, who is running his kingdom?

>Defend this character Sup Forums.
Fuck off Sup Forums

There's an entire council of elders and statesmen.

Read a comic (not Coates or Hudlin's)

The planet let him kill it

Very similar run to Aquaman. King that part-times as hero to inspire his people or some shit. Usually at the request of his buddies. Respective country is perfectly fine without him, but has council to run shit for him.

Coates made him a black power trip, and a disgustingly hubris one at that was insufferable. He was dealing with black neighborhoods in New York, because he felt kinship with blacks in New York or some shit, WHEN 90% OF AFRICA IS A SHIT HOLE THAT NEEDS HELP.

In short. He shouldn't be political, because his wisdom grants him 4D chess theological abilities. Coates just has him as WOKE.

Sit down
Be humble

I don't know, why does Batman appeal to people?

Coates' BP is good. Finally turning Wakanda into a democracy. Expanding their theology. Bringing T'Challa and Storm back together in a way that feels natural, not another Marvel publicity stunt.

Why does anything appeal to anyone

What name shall the have for the threads about the upcoming movie?
I thought about 'BLACKED Panter', but that doesn't really seems fitting, since it's the Panther who'll do the blacking.
Maybe something around 'WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHEET' lines?

He had good taste in women.

Tell me about Priest's run, why is it good?

No. Sup Forums memes are trash. Maybe read the comic and make up some titles that make sense for the character. Sup Forums is the shining city, the rest of Sup Forums are the dirtbag foreigners and you're that scumfuck n'jadaka trying to bring their poison.

t. nigger

dude OP is pure Sup Forums troll we need us a phantom zone projector to toss these assholes away

Marvel has always had characters like Doom and Panther and Namor and Magneto who've been monarchs/dictators/whatever in the past, but they always used it to raise stakes and explain away infinite resources. Not shitting on McGregor at all, but Priest built up the idea of MU realpolitik, where unstable powerhouses like Atlantis or Wakanda were a serious concern in the wider Marvel universe. He brought a sense of realism and made Marvel seem just that much bigger. He did all that while merging all the super-conflicting interpretations of Black Panther over the previous 40 years, from the happy-go-lucky adventurer Kirby wrote to the lame Harlem teacher in the Avengers to the McGregor's troubled King who fought insurrections every other week. He took a character who in his first appearance used wild preptime to defeat the FF who was clearly built in the Doom/Richards mold who had been slowly turned into a chump and pulled a 180 on his motivations as a hero and made him a major player capable of rolling with the best (but not without his personal struggles) and he did all this with this non-linear narrative style that doesn't hold your hand and forces you as the reader to actually pay attention to the visual context clues to get what's going on.

Priest's Black Panther redefined the character and is one of the best books of the late 90's/early 00's and is one of my favorite comics.

That's pretty ambitious.

>Democracy

Always a misguided attempt at offering freedom

The suit is great.

Suit is great, the idea of the country seems xenophobic af, Namor destroy that once I think, not sure, never read BP so who knows, vibranium comes from there so I suppose they are somehow like the Saudis but niggas and US love Saudi Arabia

Just read it you lazy piece of shit

Black Panther to me is like Wonder Woman: one of my favorite characters whose solo book I have never liked even once. Mostly a head cannon thing.
BP (in my head) is the ultimate masculine power fantasy, up there with Big Boss and Batman. He's the ultimate alpha of a huge tribe of warrior men in an age of effeminate and sleazy male feminists. He toes the line of stylish nobility and restrained savagery in his demeanor. He's served by a Gadaffi-style sex harem of bikini Amazon princess representatives of feuding tribes, and his ability to keep their love and adoration is the only thing keeping his kingdom from civil war (through dick: unity). He knows JUST enough about every subject to not feel out of place in any adventure of any genre, and his victories tend to involve trickery and dickishness over brute strength and willpower.
Fuck, maybe it's not gay to write fanfiction, seeing how far Coates as ruined the character and how PC Disney will make the movie.

WE WUZ KANGZ is literally his only appeal.

>read thousands of pages of what might be shit on the off-chance you'll understand why some user likes it
Doesn't seem prudent.

He's Batman, if Batman was also literally in charge of Gotham.

>Black Panther to me is like Wonder Woman: one of my favorite characters whose solo book I have never liked even once. Mostly a head cannon thing.
I feel the same about ww

his helmet was power rangers as fuck so i like him

>Defend this character Sup Forums.
I don't need to. he has vibranium for this.

>he felt kinship with blacks in New York

Yeah, I guess americans are just as badly in need of help as African nations.

Jesus Christ...

That will not be enough

Arturian like super guy who lives in retro space fantasy jungle who has a really deep voice.

That's the appeal to me at least.

He’s a hero that’s also a political leader, so there’s a tension between idealism and realpolitik.

>political leader
Not anymore. he got cucked out of his country.

>Coates made him a black power trip, and a disgustingly hubris one at that was insufferable. He was dealing with black neighborhoods in New York, because he felt kinship with blacks in New York or some shit, WHEN 90% OF AFRICA IS A SHIT HOLE THAT NEEDS HELP.
Fucking THIS. If any of you have worked with actual Africans, they do not respect black Americans.

It's a combination of envy and idnignation. Africans are pissed off at black americans for being and I quote a friend on this "a bunch of whiny little shits that are by no means african, if they truly believed that they are, they would help us". Of course, this is a sad argument coming from someone that used to live in a very harsh environment and even now, here in my country, he seems full of despair.

I want to squeeze his fat ass

>BP (in my head) is the ultimate masculine power fantasy, up there with Big Boss and Batman. He's the ultimate alpha of a huge tribe of warrior men in an age of effeminate and sleazy male feminists. He toes the line of stylish nobility and restrained savagery in his demeanor. He's served by a Gadaffi-style sex harem of bikini Amazon princess representatives of feuding tribes, and his ability to keep their love and adoration is the only thing keeping his kingdom from civil war (through dick: unity).

Haha this made my day thank you for this silly shit.

>asking for the appeal of a character
DO YOU DARE IMPLY THAT THIS BEAUTIFUL POC COULD HAVE ANY FLAWS??

Go die of alcohol poisoning, vatnik