Give me Superman

Give me Superman.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/12/25/brian-bendis-ivan-reis-joe-prado-superman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hardly the most dubious character we've given Supes to. What could go wrong?

I pray he destroys the Superfamily.

Is he still alive?

No, you get teen titans and maybe legion of super-heroes.

user, I have bad news for you
bleedingcool.com/2017/12/25/brian-bendis-ivan-reis-joe-prado-superman/

This gif is slaying me Sup Forumsmrades

>I'm Kal El of Krypton. You can call me Superman. Superman of Earth (No one really calls me that). Part-tme Superhero, Full time-Husband and Father. It's a pretty cool job. The best job.

god i can see this in print now

It’s like you’re channeling him.

Ningens were a mistake

Are you ready to be a chad? Morrison momentarily stepped out of DC and he became fucking fat.

Give him Superman or give him death

>trusting bleedingidiot

Reminder that Bendis almost died a few weeks ago

last week I was in a wedding and suddenly I remembered when Bendis made Exodus an agent of Shield

I wonder what stupid shit he will do for DC

Why do so many people in the comics industry like to pretend Bendis is a good writer?

Sure thing nuAlanMoore.

Fucking kek

Someone needs to make a false sexual assault accusation against Bendis. Hopefully that we get him remove from the industry. I mean it worked for Max Landis.

Does anyone actually talk about how "good" he is? The man is a brand. He sells books. He got that way somehow protip: having a well received run on on a b-list property (Daredevil) some indie heat (Powers) and a quirky Adult OC (Alias) doesn't explain the continued sales for nearly 20 years. If that was the case why don't _____ (Jenkins, Layman etc.) do similar numbers. Shit, why hasn't Rucka had the same career arc? Prior to maybe this year and Marvel desperately using his name to Oversaturate the market the man has consistently been a top earner on everything they attach him to. Geoff Johns is the only creator I can think of with a similar brand (minus any indie cred)

What does this even mean? I don't understand.

Why would you want the guy removed from the industry? I can name 25 writers off the top of my head that are pure shit that consistently get work. I would struggle to name 25 that have had a subjectively "better" career.

Bendis claimed that he is the new Alan Moore.

What is a thing that never happened for $300 Sup Forums?

No actually he claimed that Alan Moore ain't shit.

Yes there are more than 25 awful wankers, but if you can't name 25 better writers then Bendis you really need to read more comics.

>Citation desperately needed

That's not what I said. I could perhaps name 25 I think are better. I could name 25 that the Sup Forums hivemind thinks is better this month. But, no, I do not think I could name 25 with better careers. Like I said. When I posted it. Up there.

I will see your Daredevil with the bullshit run on Moon Knight.
I will raise your Powers with the abandonment of Scarlet.
and I will call on that steaming shitpile he took on X-men

>Bendis claimed that he is the new Alan Moore*
>*quoted directly out of a 16 year old's anus

Cited

Fuck off, Lex

I don't understand what this means either. Im sure everyone that reads comics could list several runs the guy has produced that are pretty shit. That's not what my post said. What I said was those 3 generally well received runs can't account for the guy's sales from 00-16. Someone was buying what he was writing. Lots of someone's. Being a bestseller doesn't make the quality of the work go up. That's not what I am saying either.

Powers
Literally Bendis at his most bendis

OK, gotcha. Sorry.
I actually like Scarlet, Powers, Fire and his USM run. But I have no clue who other than his mom bought either Avengers or X-men.

I get that that's the general impression around Sup Forums for a while now but man, Avengers ran for 10 years with him, and for parts it was double shipping or had a split off B title. And the majority of those 10 years it sold like fucking hotcakes.

Does your definition of the quality of a career have anything to do with quality of output? Or are you just going based on personal successes?

It's fine in Powers. It was NOT fine in Avengers.

Certainly won't be fine in fucking Superman.

>It's fine in Powers
How the fuck is this fine?

He doesn't talk to other people very much is the impression his writing always gives me.

was this recent?
Is there a chance this is just him trolling the way Steve Dillon did with Frankface?

Even his shit X-men run (Uncanny and All new) I'm sure is outselling any X-book right now by 2-1. I get that the market is shit so it's not a very fair comparison, and I don't feel like looking up the numbers against the previous Gillen/Aarron run. As stupid as the whole bring the O5 back and keepthem around was, he also created at least 5 or 6 new Characters (which almost no one is doing at Marvel) and they were Fox movie property characters to boot. I'm not saying he hasn't grown into a hack, but to read these stupid posts and say the guy needs to be run out of the industry...

Steve Dillon wasn't "trolling".

He doesnt need to be run out of the industry (most days).
BUT he does desperately need an editor.
And he needs characters he cares about. Other than Kitty Pryde he gives no fucks about X-men. Moon Knight he didnt care either

It's a crime procedural that just happens to involve superheroes; it's also a world created by Bendis. It's fine.

It's not fine when Captain America and Doom start bendis-speaking back and forth.

There has to be some correlation between personal success and quality of output in an industry with editorial oversight (sometimes lax sometimes very strident) and highly dependent on sales figures. If his work has always been objectively shit he should never be able to find work. If he is coasting on the success of previous runs what have you, why is it that other creators haven't pulled it off to the same degree? Or just simply why hasn't he been found out and blackballed. When I say career I'm looking at length, output, quality, sales, fanbase. A career.

> Jon is autistic
>Lois secret life as a lesbian
>Kara goes full sjw
>Conner is now gay
>Kenan is pansexual
>Brainiac 5 is transexual

" Of late, there had been a meme regarding what was described as “Frank Face”, based on Steve Dillon’s inclination to draw this psychopathic murderer with the exact same expression from panel to panel, and to find it on other characters as well.
I remember chatting with Steve at the MCM London Comic Con bar last year (lemonades all round) to find that a) not only was he very familiar with the meme but that b) was putting in examples of the expression on purpose into everything he did, just to feed it further."

Gail Simone remembering Steve Dillon

I agree with you 100%. But the greatest trick he seems to have pulled is that he is editor proof and it seems he'll remain that way.

>It's fine.
Why?
>It's not fine when Captain America and Doom start bendis-speaking back and forth.
Why?
It's the same shit, except in Powers it's worse due to the copy paste art.

is he editor proof, or does marvel just not have any?

He was putting them in his work decades before people started the frankface meme. That's just Simone being smug and funny and reminding you she's in with the kids and knows all the memes. Fact is, his faces always sucked but he's yet another artist that suffered when he made the jump to digital because honestly, as much as people frankface posted, that wasn't the only problem with his modern art.

>Why?
Because if that's how the creator wants his creatins to speak, that's fine. Have you ever watched a crime procedural? They're all chit-chatty like that.

>Why?
Because it's out of character for 99% of the characters to start bickering back and forth like married couples.
>It's the same shit, except in Powers it's worse due to the copy paste art.
I just told you why.

nice subtle company wars faggotry, idiot.

You don't think that the context of the dialogue and the characters speaking the dialogue matter? If that is the case could you take "Good" dialogue from Swamp Thing and swap it with a Marvel classics edition of Moby Dick and it would still be good because good? In the context of a Police Procedural. With two people sitting in a car, in a creator owned work that people buy expecting a certain type of "voice", probably from the early 00's , I would say it's just fine.

So you don't have a problem with the dialogue you just have a problem with it when it's used on characters you feel like have to talk exactly how YOU want them because you're such an expert?
It sounds to me like you're hating on some of Bendis work simply because others are.

>Have you ever watched a crime procedural? They're all chit-chatty like that.
>like that
Not like that. And police procedurals are garbage made for no taste faggots in their 40s to watch before going to sleep. There's also something to be said about a writer understanding the medium in which he works.

not the intent

>Zack dealing with bribed critics
Nice.

He has a reader base that doesn't care for good writing beyond his awkward dialogue, there's no fucking mystery there.
Are you gonna tell me that for instance Alan Moore is shit because Bendis readers don't like him? Yes I think I have better taste than them, end of story.
CW effort of the arrow verse is garbage but people watch it because they enjoy this teen drama, nothing wrong about that but let's not pretend it's competent in any way beyond that.
I'm not surprised the company values him.
If you ask my opinion, none of his comics are good, and I read at least a few issues of his "acclaimed" stuff including torso.

They don't have any Editors anymore. Even when they did I remember primarily his AE's were Aubrey " GI Joe needs Samoan trannies" Sitterson and Molly "SJW before SJW was a thing" Lazer. I don't think he ever fell under someone with a clue.

He's not wrong though. At all.

>You don't think that the context of the dialogue and the characters speaking the dialogue matter?
The problem with Bendis speak is that everyone sounds the same not that the doesn't nail the voices of the characters. Most cape writers have their own voices for characters and in general cape writers are bad at dialogue, even simple shit as heroes not using their actual names when in costumes and in the midst of a fight.

Except for the part where he's implying DC has editors that do their job.

You are setting up a false dichotomy in that there are "Bendis" readers and "Moore" readers. People expect different things from them but there has to be an overlap between the people that bought "Powers" and the people that bought "Top Ten".

>posts
>whines about company wars
lol

People that liked Top Ten blind bought Powers because of good word of mouth and then were instantly disgusted.

not implying
HOPING

>Not like that.
Precisely like that

>So you don't have a problem with the dialogue you just have a problem with it when it's used on characters you feel like have to talk exactly how YOU want them because you're such an expert?
Well i'm not a filthy casual like yourself. I know Batman shouldn't become a sassy housewife over night, but that seems fine for the likes of you, so congratulations in advance I guess?

>this retard did it 4 hours ago so I should too
lol

>Precisely like that
Ok Bendis
>I know Batman shouldn't become a sassy housewife over night
But a whole department of police should. Gotcha, Brian.

>nobody getting BLACKED
its like you don't know who Bendis is

>I'm not a filthy casual like yourself
>he says while posting movies from a guy he hates to death
MCUck pls

DC hasn't hired any new editors.

Wouldn't had matter anyway. Bendis is best friends with DiDio. Bendis would have way too much influences for the editor to tell Bendis "no, that is stupid".

>But a whole department of police should
What part of "It's HIS universe" don't you understand, you stupid fuck?

and thats what I was afraid of. Brian wandering around doing his own thing without an editor is a recipe for shitty books and buttmad fans

What part of "it's still retarded and makes no sense" don't you understand you stupid fuck?
>It's unrealistic for this stupid fucking cape character that's been written by 50 different dudes before to speak in a certain way but it's okay for a these characters to speak in such unrealistic same-y voices because this series is a realistic police procedural.
Retard.
When you're reading Bendis' Avengers, you're reading HIS book and HIS world, you fucking moron.

Bendis is best friends with Johns, not Didio. You faggot johns apologists/didohaters are out of control.

If that was the case I can't see the series continuing for 20 years. I happen to enjoy Top Ten very much and Powers was never a thing I got into. I have almost everything Moore ever wrote on my shelf and a few rows down there is a section of some Bendis stuff. I'm assuming most people's shelves look like that to some degree. I don't believe that company wars faggots are actually real, in that they won't touch a book by the other company. Or that people wouldn't get a book written by Bendis if it was good or had stellar art or just featured their favorite property or whatever.

Megapush incoming

>people that don't like Bendis are company faggots
>if something is successful then it must be good
Not sure which statement makes you dumber.

In Powers characters should speak whatever way the guy that created them wants, if he wants detectives wearing yellow party hats it's fine, it's his fucking playing field.
It's not ok to change established character's personalities just because "it's his style". That's as fucking retarded as you.

It's like you were dropped as a baby in a vat of stupid.

>it's fine
So basically if it's creator owned you can do whatever you want and it's fine and shouldn't be criticized but if you touch the precious cape characters that user likes then you're in deep trouble.
>It's not ok to change established character's personalities just because "it's his style"
Boy, Miller's Daredevil must've made you FREAK.

neither of those are things he said tho

isn't he dead?

>if something is successful then it must be good
Marlel's motto.

That's not what I said. At all. Why would I say that? I've posted several things in the last 20 minutes. One of them explicitly stating sales don't equate to a thing being good. In the thing I just posted I was following up the statement that you are creating a false dichotomy i.e. Bendis readers and Moore readers. To my mind this is the same false dichotomy as DC readers and Marvel Readers. So then after failing to pass basic reading comp you fall back on the old ad hominem. It's like you fuckers can't stomach anything besides hurpa durpa tell me what to think Sup Forums

His Earth-2 franchise is dead but everyone with exception to Clark, Bruce and Diana got resurrected towards the end of the book.

>If that was the case I can't see the series continuing for 20 years
>I don't believe that company wars faggots are actually real

He's trollng you

Yes I said those things. Please explain how they = sales mean everything and if you dislike Bendis you are doing some weird company faggotry?

That's not what I meant, Moore was just an off hand name, people can just be attracted to shit.
You imply that he can't be considered bad writer because he sells comics, which is silly. (AND you imply there's a large overlap when you have no basis to assume that).
You might as well assume there's a huge overlap between any given author.

Yes, I'm aware of this. Or he's a person that is so used to other people trolling that he's lost his ability to talk to other humans. Either way it doesn't change how I talk. someone else may be reading the thing that may get something from it.

Are you this fucking retarded or are you just pretending? You just said that Powers has been going for 20 years as if to say it's good because people have been buying it for 20 years.

Yes, I understand people being attracted to one thing and not another. I'm not implying a huge overlap. I'm implying that an overlap does exist because I've read both those works, I was alive and reading comics in 2000 when they came out and people were familiar with both and talking about them. It is an assumption, yes, is it an incredibly unreasonable one? No. I'm not saying that sales = quality. There are very popular works that are shit and very good works that don't get any attention paid to them. I didn't say anything about Bendis being "good". I don't care for the guy very much at all.

Bendis has done good work and bad.
Moore has done good work and bad.
Playing absolutes with anything is disingenuous

Stop comparing Bendis with Moore, you retarded fucking bendis apologist.

Except...again, That's not why I said that. It's like everyone has been so used to being click baited they are incapable of reading 5 lines of text or comprehending anything they read. It's not your fault bub, the Internet was a mistake.

disingenuous