Venom

Give me a brief history of Venom.

Eddie Brock gets cancer, lost his job, and is cured by an alien that feels angry and rejected by Spider-Man.

OP, it's a great miniseries. I highly recommend it.

I don't know shit about Agent Venom. You'll have to look that up yourself.

Part 1/3

>Spider-Man goes on an outer space adventure
>finds machine that makes him a super-advenced, shapesihfting black costume, takes
>back on earth, reed richards claims it's not a costume but a parasitic symbiote
>*GET OFF THIS SHIT HURR" symbiote gets blasted with sonic waves, fucks off

2/3

>Symbiote meets disgraced journalist Eddie Brock
>Both have a beef against Spider-Man, join up and form Venom
>Venom attacks Spidey, gets his shit kicked in with sonic waves
>reapeat is xxxx-times for 20 years
>get a taste for human brains
>spawn an even worse symbiote called Carnage

Career Cuckold gets infiltrated by an Alien Cuckold to form an Angry Black Bull.

Marvel made him. How's that for brevity?

Part 3/3
>Venom teams up with Spidey to stop Carnage, other times still wants to eat his brain
>Oops, looks like Eddie has cancer
>Auctions off the symbiote
>Symbiote goes thorught a few other host, including Scorpion
>Ends up with the GUBERMENT who give it to Flash Thompson, crippled war veteran and form Agent Venom
>Flash loses the symbiote to some serial killer
>Eddie kills serial killer gets back the symbiote
HAPPY EVER AFTER

Sasuke Mcedgy is dead?

>an outer space adventure

THEY GOT HIT BY COSMIC RAYS
THE FOUR WERE CHANGED FOREVER
IN SOME MOST FANTASTIC WAYS

Nah, he got busted out of prison and grabbed Mania's symbiote (split from Flash's symbiote a while back) to become MANIAC, a crime boss symbiote. Now Flash has become AGENT ANTI-VENOM and is fighting Maniac because why not.

Quick summary
>Spidey gets an alien suit
>Ditches it when he realizes it's alive
>It gets mad and meets Eddie Brock who's also mad at Spider-Man
>They become Venom and become Spidey's enemy
>Eventually truce with Spidey, becoming an anti-hero
>Eddie's cancer increases and the symbiote gets more violent
>Eddie sells the symbiote
>Gargan becomes Venom and it's terrible
>Government gets the symbiote and drugs it and gives it to Flash Thompson, creating Agent Venom
>Agent Venom goes on missions while trying to keep it under control
>Goes to space and gets the symbiote purified on its home planet
>eventually he's separated from the symbiote and it briefly bonds with an asshole before Eddie finds it again (despite hating the symbiote for years)
>Eddie is Venom again

>everybody forgetting Flash's qt sidekick daughteru
For shame.

He said briefly. Mania's origin sure as hell aint brief.

It's easy to make it brief. I can do it in 2 greentexts. Observe:
>gains qt sidekick who has a satanic clone of his symbiote
>sidekick goes evil while he's away, he comes back and cleanses the symbiote and she goes back to being his sidekick

>Eddie finds it again (despite hating the symbiote for years)
Honestly why did he want the symbiote again? Last time he saw one he wanted nothing to do with them and even took the Toxin symbiote and went full blown punisher on all symbiotes.

Despite what Eddiefags will tell you, Eddie is an addict, having Toxin forced back into him caused him to relapse, then when he lost Toxin at the end of Conway’s Carnage the FBI called him back to help deal with the new Venom (Lee) since Brock is the man with the most experience. The moment he was able to bond with Venom he did so without a second thought just like an addict would.

Mania is as much of mark on the symbiote history as Symbiotes like Scorn or Scream
AKA not worth mentioning for a quick rundown.

Will Scorn ever come back?
I'm honestly surprised no ones brought her back just to kill her off yet

An user in the last thread had a theory that Superior Stark used the scorn symbiote to creature his Endo-Suit in Superior Ironman.

Eh, Dark Origin isn't very good and makes some bad changes to stuff.

They never did specify which symbiote he extracted material from to create the Endo-Sym armor

And Scorn already was partially a liquid metal symbiote that interfaced with technology

I'm an Eddiefag and no, you're not wrong. When he was ok with getting rid of it, he was dying. When he wasn't dying and didn't have one, he wanted to kill all of them. When one got put on him again, he kept it, and WANTED to use it in Carnage. When he lost that one he wanted his old one.

Eddie doesn't really have anything else in life, his career was ruined and so was his marriage, since he became Venom symbiote shenanigans have pretty much been what his life revolves around in one way or another whether he is bonded to one or not, whether he's trying to to good or up to no good.

Although, didn't he get a job again writing as a journalist in the current one? I wonder how that will play out for him.

>Although, didn't he get a job again writing as a journalist in the current one? I wonder how that will play out for him.

Yeah, but's tabloid trash like the "venom" that he was reduced to writing after the Sin-Eater disaster.

what should I read to learn more about agent venom's and Mania's origins?

The Agent Venom run along with Circle of Four

Is it constantly interrupted by events and team-up books? I remember seeing Agent Venom with Wolverine, Deadpool and Fantomex in some book.

Nope, the only time Agent Venom was part of an event was near the start of the series with Spider-Island which was pretty good and the crossover Circle of Four, but those are all included in the main book. I believe he joined the Secret Avengers, but I never read any of that series, and he was a member of the Frankbolts team before Bendis killed his ongoing to shove him into space with the GotG. However from that we got Thompson’s Space Knight arc, so, we get the bad with some good for a while.