How's You're Webcomic? /hyw/ - #438

Different OP image and spell check edition

Previous thread Here's a list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Donts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
The sergio show-
youtube.com/user/TheSergioShow1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PjIm5E6m6jg
sporen.the-comic.org/
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=TyIMKiWpdU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

POST SHIT, HURRY UP!

>The sergio show
What is this, actually?

How do you guys personally shill your own comics? I'm just wondering since I seen some of the comics here out in the wild.

endlessly spamming it in reddit seems like the best way to go

reposting

I'm interested too. I'm too lazy and shy to properly shill.

Same honestly

If only there was some lazy way to get to audience...

THANK YOU NYAMO! I wanted to say Rain name is actually LUNA LUCK!

try not being shit

even got the curve in the pencil right

commenting on others

>how is you are webcomic

An enigma

>didn't let it die

Do you insert your fetish into your comic? Be honest.

how do you make it?

>spell check edition

There are good and bad ways to do this. The answer for most artists is going to be yes, just to different degrees
Look at Makoto Shinkai, have you seen his foot fetish film? It's very clearly disguised
See Makoto Shinkai, you have to work really hard and get a little bit lucky

things that turn me on stop being my fetish if they're inserted forcefully

Maybe you should link this film, just for our education

Kotonoha no Niwa or The Garden of Words

youtube.com/watch?v=PjIm5E6m6jg looks like someone else shares your opiion

I'd probably try, but my fetish is so specific it would be too obvious.

I don't and I don't understand why is it so hard for people not to. Just show some restrain you fucks.

just because restraint is useful doesn't mean you apply it haphazardly without reason

haphazardly? Just don't go around crying how no one wants to read your creepy comic and then say others just got lucky.

That doesn't sound like a good time at all for restraint

mind rephrasing that?

The scenario you outlined sounds like a time to stop crying, not a time to restrain yourself from doing stuff you like.

this thread is probably dead but my webcomic is coming along pretty well. its about genitals who smoke weed.

that is the best thing I've ever heard
>filename
we may just have to get married

Yeah it's just subtle enough most people don't notice it.
you're here at just the right time

yeah but its nothing too major, just things like different skin colors, different kinds of bodies and due to the nature of the comic where most are mutant beings futanari and/or reverse futanari, but that isnt ever shown its more or less barely implied

gross

I mean it helps that there's a solid in-universe reason. he's just obsessed with shoemaking, not the feet that go inside them.

when are we getting married?

sweet

that is the point

Have any of you posted a friend's webcomic/suggested things people you know have made on Sup Forums or in this thread?

That depends. are there anthropomorphic clitorides in this comic as well?
not friends i dont think, though i have discussed friends' comics. most of them are on infinite hiatus. I have posted other comics I like on here though

finally gonna fuckin do this. does anyone use Clip Studio Paint on ipad? I'm worried about being able to export my files to something so i can get them printed/post them online. Also I'm sure this is a stupid question but what's with the margin(what do they mean) and do I have to remove them manually when I'm finished with my pages?

Spent about four hours on just this first panel only for it to come out as just okay.

she has not been introduced just yet but yes.

Then like, really soon

yesss

this is looking real nice. i like the clouds a lot

Man, the expressions are great!

You guys are asses

why? you're the ass

don't reply to it

I believe there was talk of webcomics tea parties...

go on...

well it just seemed like a nice thing to collaborate on

wow i made a thread but
fuck it stay on this one please

if it hasnt been too long you can delete yours

this will end with everyone eating caviar with the punchline being that everyone ate dewd's characters eggs or some other fetish shit

its old
fuck

are there any jokes you wouldn't consider fetish shit

im working on a new page.

here the previous page. you can read the other pages here: sporen.the-comic.org/

man I love the same gradient background again and again.

oh and the boring above the chest dialogue panels

don't reply to bones

oh wow thank you. im glad you like it so far! :D

dont listen to this user.

bump.

There's some grammar mistakes
2nd panel - YOU'RE really cute
3rd - Y, You TOO

Ah, more bricks and more backgrounds. I miss my simple grey backgrounds with the occasional rock or glowing plant.

strawdud... when the hell did you get so good? i remember you sucking on the level of lucy and strawbles and kind of even glory hole user who all kind of draw the same. seriously somebody do a side by side of those guys art.

this looks really really good!

do you need a colorist? i have many coloring styles: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/

What a fucking asshole, first, you start talking shit and trash talking other people out of nowhere like you're some kind of big honcho, that spoiler alert, you ain't. Then you have the gall to offer your "coloring services" when you submit those vomit inducing saturated gradients and shitty photoshop filters.
Do the world a favor and KYS, you fucking vermin.
I used to let you be, but whenever people isn't punching to the ground like they should, you take that chance to show how much of a shitposter you are.

bump.

also forgive me for posting so many wips, i feel like my laptop is going to blow up any second so if that happens this thread is like my back up hard drive just in case lol

youtube.com/watch?v=TyIMKiWpdU4

GOT EM!

looks like i struck a nerve, lmfao XD

I'll try, thank you, user. Did this work out for you?

Nice

Will there also be girl on girl hugs?

dont mind me... just bumping the thread with a wip. ^^

another impish page

>The next /hyw/ tournament is about the characters hanging out and having fun instead of fighting

I can dig it.

bump

wow this page looks amazing so far! good job. also nice quads!

count me in as well if thats the case!

I'm not sure if people will want you to enter bones. The guy that draws you for an opponent would feel like he's hit the whammie.

Whoa man, that girl is getting pretty lewd...

i dont understand what you mean

i know right? lol

hey look, now ven and spring are both aliens! lmao!

Christmas kind of fucked up my productivity. trying to get back to it.

I forgot the pillow in panel 2. fuck

ok, backgrounds, shading, and wordballoons and im done!

also you failed to protect springs smile /hyw/... how much shame do you feel right now?

happens to the best of us

hey looking better than usual, i dont follow your webcomic can you tell us how he(the guy with freckles) got so fucked up that he is covered head to toe in bandages?

>he

I hate yo,u why would I spoon feed you. just read it if you actually care so much.

thank you user. glad someone cares.

>he

whoa. what the fuck? what the hell do you hate me for? what the hell did i ever do to you?

heres some dialog...

Are they mom and son, per chance?

god damn I didn't see this
love it!

>what do you hate me for
you make what we do look like an absolute fucking joke, attention whore out the ass by posting tons of progress posts every hour and this shit was fucking offensive.

>you make what we do look like an absolute fucking joke

webcomics are a joke, like whoa why are you so serious about this medium. name one webcomic thats meant to be taken serious.

your the joke here, and the punchline lol. there now you can hate me lol,

>posting tons of progress posts every hour

yeah i keep a thread a live that would otherwise die without me. your welcome.

>and this shit (You) was fucking offensive.

holy shit mind your own buisness, was i even talking to you? L-o-fucking-l, lmao

>webcomics are a joke
and so was video games, animation, anime in the west, and comics. but the mediums expanded and started to be taken seriously.

pretending that we spend hundreds of hours on our comics just for jokes is fucking insulting.

>I keep the thread alive
doing a disservice to all of Sup Forums

>mind your own business
no fuck you, that shit was retarded. thinking you could do that page justice with your colors is dumb as hell, it would be better off in black and white.

Unleash the old bones, don't let that tranny treat you like you're coldfusion

>and so was video games, animation, anime in the west, and comics. but the mediums expanded and started to be taken seriously.

LOL

nah man, the old bones is dead, im just going to ignore it. is it seriously a tranny? lmao. thats hilarious. im not going to go there though, ill be the bigger and better man here. lol

besides i know every time i post a wip it gets super triggered, lmfao XD

>I can't win this argument so i'm going to make tranny jokes and pretend I won by triggering the tranny.

I don't care about those jokes anymore.

>namefag wars
get a room you two

that's pretty funny.

>nothing else would be happening otherwise.

You care so little you replied to it.