Live action movies or books that would worked well animated

Post them lads!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4U3TeY2wtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's it about?

>he hasn't read a wrinkle in time

Oy vey they didn't let you read this in middle school?

Wait, there was a pegasus man in this book? Rereading time.

Loo-pooers would be a bit bent out of shape about it, but even Neil Gaiman agrees with me.

Some smart children whose scientist parents accidentally on purpose create a tesseract, (the 'wrinkle in time' that is essentially a tear in space-time) and they go off and do neat stuff and try to find their parents and shit.

That's all I really remember, it's been a long time.

You know this is getting a movie next year, right?

There is a movie in the making
youtube.com/watch?v=E4U3TeY2wtM

I want a Netlix animated 10 episode series.

Seems plenty diverse to me.

I was too creeped out by the cover as a kid to pick it up.

Whats the name of the chick that hangs with him?

Surprised there has been no attempt

Communism

Thorn.

Lord of Light is set on a planet colonized by some of the remnants of "vanished Urath," or Earth. The crew and colonists from the spaceship Star of India found themselves on a strange planet surrounded by hostile indigenous races and had to carve a place for themselves or perish. To increase their chances of survival, the crew has used chemical treatments, biofeedback and electronics to mutate their minds and create enhanced self-images, or "Aspects," that "strengthened their bodies and intensified their wills and extended the power of their desires into Attributes, which fell with a force like magic upon those against whom they were turned." The crew has also developed a technology to transfer a person's atman, or soul, electronically to a new body. This reincarnation by mind transfer has created a race of potential immortals and allowed the former crew members to institute the Hindu caste system, with themselves at the top.
The novel covers great spans of time. Eventually, the crew used their now-great powers to subjugate or destroy the native non-human races (whom they characterize as demons) while setting themselves up as gods in the eyes of the many generations of colonist progeny. Taking on the powers and names of Hindu deities, these "gods" maintain respect and control of the masses by maintaining a stranglehold on the access to reincarnation and by suppressing any technological advancements beyond a medieval level. The gods fear that any enlightenment or advancement might lead to a technological renaissance that would eventually weaken their power.

The protagonist, Sam, who has developed the ability to manipulate electromagnetic forces, is a renegade crewman who has rejected godhood, taking for himself the role of Siddhartha Gautama/Buddha. Sam is the last "Accelerationist": He believes that technology should be available to the masses, and that reincarnation should not be controlled by the elite. Sam introduces Buddhism as a culture jamming tool and strives to cripple the power of the gods with this "new" religion. His carefully planned revolt against the gods takes place in stages: "An army, great in space, may offer opposition in a brief span of time. One man, brief in space, must spread his opposition across a period of many years if he is to have a chance of succeeding."

Not quite the same, but Cirque du Freak was a fun book series that got a pretty great manga adaptation (or at least it has been great so far) I wouldn't mind seeing it get animated.

I was very curious about this cover that sat on display in my school’s library for years, but unfortunately I don’t think I actually picked up the book until I was too old to appreciate it. Which is weird to me, because even now I usually like children’s literature, but for some reason this just didn’t resonate with me, and I feel like it might’ve if I’d gotten to it sooner.

Hey I used to read a bunch of these. I think itd work well as an animated series