Nick Shorts vs CN Shorts

Which was better Oh Yeah Cartoons or What a Cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
youtube.com/watch?v=46u_FRzhGk0
youtube.com/watch?v=DyZqbhJI2cY
youtube.com/watch?v=qwh_dinCpws
youtube.com/watch?v=aCYzBzFZvB0
youtube.com/watch?v=YGMIW2W5ruo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name of that short?

Ask Edward: All about Babies

"I want to fuck that Dog" starring Tara Strong and Tom Kenny

Oh Yeah! Cartoons had more thirsty artists, and What a Cartoon had the more interesting ideas. Magic Trixie was a good Oh Yeah without waifu pandering, though.

More hot doge mums.

Well you're not wrong.
Am I the first to ever draw this mom? Will I remain the only?

What a Cartoon definitely had more ideas that resulted in (usually) successful shows, but I don't know if all the shorts were "interesting." There were a TON of stinkers, a lot of them trying to ape Ren and Stimpy or being obviously too mature to be a children's show (the original pitch for Family Guy was one of them).

Oh Yeah! Cartoon I think had a more consistent track record of quality, but that's not to say they were amazing. Just that they were typically "okay." But it also kinda cheated in that they had several Chalk Zone and Fairly OddParents shorts before greenlighting them for full series.

>Spongebob and purple pony together in the same show

I forgot how jarring they are together.

nice one Jam

I'd definitely agree that Oh Yeah! Cartoons is already better just from showing Magic Trixie.
But it just felt like Oh Yeah! Had a lot more memorable pilots/shorts than What a Cartoon. Hell, even the opening jingle and the ending to most cartoons is still something I can fondly remember.

I remember that one short of the little girl and the vampire featured in both

Thanks.

One more cuz I drew it and I refuse to let it go to waste. Don't think it came out as good, but, it was fun. I need to look to old cartoons more often for quick doodle ideas. They're nice for chilling out.

Also, Magic Trixie is such a charming little short. I forgot how good it was.

What A Cartoon had way more memorable and funny shorts. Oh Yeah Cartoons mostly had alright, forgettable ones. Not BAD, but very few of them I thought were as good as the What A Cartoon ones.

But either way, I love shorts programs like these. Does anyone remember Random Cartoons, the one Adventure Time came from?

youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
youtube.com/watch?v=46u_FRzhGk0
youtube.com/watch?v=DyZqbhJI2cY
youtube.com/watch?v=qwh_dinCpws
youtube.com/watch?v=aCYzBzFZvB0

Cool stuff! I always love the touches that show that you actually watched the subject matter before/while doodling.

How would Magic Trixie had gone on, if it was picked up? Its story was pretty self-contained, I thought.

I can't think of a way for it to be a series. Could have possibly been adapted with a slightly different premise, perhaps. But magician stuff is kinda hard to make into a hook for a series, especially if it's legit magic like Trixie's. Maybe something where she stumbles around and inadvertently solves problems people are having with magic, but that can only go so far.

>Gramps
holy shit i love this so much, i don't know why ever ytime i see it i have to watch it, patrician choice, user

This short is insane!
Thanks for posting.

Nick always had better pilots in my eyes than CN. youtube.com/watch?v=YGMIW2W5ruo is my current favourite

Nina and the Count, user.

I would say this is what we need to save the industry, but the artists out of school arn't as good.

>WHEN THE ALIENS INVADED!

This always stuck in my head and i didn't know why, good times

my favorite line is
>"SHE WAS DEAD WHEN I GOT THERE."
was Gramps supposed to get a series?

>Tutu
Damn I wanted to fuck her even as a kid