Action Comics #994 Storytime

"Booster Shot" Part Two!

>" I don't need saving"
>Clark acting like a brat
Fuck Jurgens

Detective Comics: Doomsday Clock: JLA: Support your local comic shop.

So that's how ted is alive

Art Thibert is a horrible fucking inker, fucking hell. He needs to stop relying on assistants to get his shit done if this is the result.

>Superman's under a lot of emotional distress
Forgive him for being a bit short tempered user

Why do they always omit Supergirl in these things?

Does Superman actually interact with Supergirl?

It's funny, Batman is supposed to be a loner but he teams up with all of his family at the drop of a hat! Strangers that he has no reason to hang out with.

Superman is supposed to be friends with everybody, yet his family is almost completely separate, only getting together for events. His family is actually blood-related but he doesn't hang out.

She's probably a granny at that time

Batman is good at pretending he's a loner.
Superman is good at pretending he's not.

Its been a gripe of mine for sometime. Supergirl might as well exist in a separate timeline. There is not connection between her and Superman, they keep the two as far apart as possible. When they do interact, half the time its antagonistically.

UR ZOD: MALL COP

Aww... I was hoping for a scene where Luthor is with Lara and showing baby Kal a statue of Super Man

don't worry, Brian Michael will soon make it better

trippy cover

eat shit

it's going to get so much worse

this run just sucks in general

this is actually probably the best jurgens arc so far on this run

>it's not Van

ugh

>kryptonian
i miss kryptonese

Man Superman has been written like ass in this comic.

I get they are trying to do the whole "the man who has everything" vibe but Clark has a fucking kid. Not to mention the fact that as Superman he saved much more than a single planet of Kryptonians, if he never became Superman worlds would cease to be.

Bump

Til kryponians are defacto dictators and conquerors all thanks to clark's stupidity

>we must get to the time sphere
>you okay?
>thanks to my force field
Visions of the past...this is what comics truly mean!

nice variant

Looks like he might be tied to the pre-FP in some way if he remembers that the belt is Coluan

Where the fuck is Kara?

bumping for others

>why are we still here, just to suffer?

Bump

I blame post crisis when DC tried to kill off the superfamily. Supergirl has never really been connected to other characters emotionally for long since then.

I fucking hate time travel

Probably taking her grandkids to a soccer game.

>Kal's sister is basically Cir-El

>punching an Eradicator with his bare hand
badass, but also OWWW

Classic Booster, tried to do everything correctly, fucked up spectacularly.

Huh? Eradicator name for Superman robots? Injustice just did that too.

Because watching a whole planet die is an easy thing...

Hopefully Zor-El simply thinks that Jor-El has lost his mind.

You guys not see the blonde chick? He fucked his cousins brains out and got a daughter out of it.

>friend
ehhhhhh

I love when Superman loses his powers but goes "Fuck it" and still fights. It shows he's still motivated even when depowered, he doesn't give up.

Distant acquaintance, at best.

Also the focus on The Eradicators and Kyrptonian Battle Suits is just Jurgens circle jerking himself since he came up with that stuff.

Yeah I share the same sentiments. Supergirl needs to be doing stuff with Superman more. She can't stand on her own when she's purely a derivative character.

I'm an aspiring Superman writer (don't hate me Sup Forums) and one of my plans is to include Kara/Supergirl in all the arcs I write, giving her some part. Steel and Kenan too. A lot of my stories are about the superfamily as much about Superman himself. They fill in for him when he's off doing other stuff, like in this arc, all Lois SHOULD do it call Kara up when she can't find/get a hold of Clark. That should be a no brainer for everyone involved.

Literally the two chapters before this Rob Williams wrote a better emotionally troubled Clark.
In this issue Clark is out of character and the whole situation is bullshit.

Kara yes, Steel and Kenan no, at least to being in "every" arc.

She's never even interacted with Jon, Jon has a better relationship with Batman than he does with Kara.

She has, they hung out a little in some issue of Supergirl.

Jesus, is Superman always such a whiny bitch?

The Supergirl issue that came out right after Reborn happened (I forget the number), had Clark, Lois, Jon, and Kara family bonding time.

It was just one issue, but it was pretty good.

>25th century

Is the Legion from this era?

Legion is always 1000 years in the future.

The Legion ring Booster uses is an artifact left over from Clark's time.

Or (along with Brainiac 5's belt) an artefact left over from the future.

Relationships are relative for a time traveler.

Are they implying he married supergirl in this timeline?

You can thank Jurgens and Tomasi for that.

Well Superman is for lack of a better word Superman, he doesn´t need help most of the time Just read any Superman vs Goku Thread and people often say his stories are ussualy him being as strong as he need to be to solve the situation.

Is kind of hard to write another superhuman support character that doesn´t feel completly useless.

Cir-El?

Bump

Well the arcs are a year each so they aren't going to be over done. Also I have something planned for 8 years straight, too allow Jon to age and grow up. For instance, when Jon gets more serious as Superboy, Kenan takes him to train him in the martial arts. Jon's trying to not just be his father but something of his own too. So the Kenan/Jon master/apprentice gives Jon something distinctively HIS. Kenan grows and matures from it too. Like how New Superman focused on Kenan's training, Kenan completes the cycle by training Jon.

So you have relationships between the superfamily members outside of Superman himself too.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Especially with Jon in the picture, I imagine Superman/Clark is more family focused than ever and he'd invite Kara over for dinner all the time, which she can make since she can fly anywhere.

Hey I like that stuff. Why wouldn’t it show up?

Superbro shining through.

Your waifu is gone forever

I thought the battle suits were from a much earlier time

I'm all for a cute black-haired early teen Supergirl.

Strange when Booster is sensible one

I'm not against it, I'm just saying Jurgens doesn't do anything new or original. He just retreads the same stuff over and over.