Finally got around to watching this after months of putting it off. Why is the entire supporting cast shit and annoying...

Finally got around to watching this after months of putting it off. Why is the entire supporting cast shit and annoying? Fat asian kid sucks, MJ is grating, Flash is just a dumb punk.
Only Liz appears to have any redeemable traits

Because they're teenagers and teenagers are shit and annoying
And I'm not even kidding, Homecoming has the most realistic depiction of teenagers I've seen in a movie

Because they were probably originally actually making a Miles movie like early rumors reported but then saw the negative response and switched. I bet they were doing that, and I bet the OC cast was meant to go along with Miles because they would market it that way

>that fucking elevator scene
Did not a single person involved in the writing do a single second of research into elevator safety

Well, wasn't Civil War made before Homecoming? aka Holland was already their Spiderman pick?

And the rumors of a Miles movie WERE true

I could be paranoid, but a lot of times I feel like people use this site and the greater rumor mill of the net to conveniently leak ideas and then watch the way people react, it would explain how so many leaked spoilers that get on this board actually come true, and then a case like this where MCU Peter seems a lot more like Miles, it just seems very likely that that happened to me, even with Civil War.

Also, I am not really a Miles fan but that movie looks better than Homecoming.

Am I just retarded or does he not have danger sense

No, you're not. I mean they give it a little attention in the MCU when they said he needed to protect his senses with the shitty goggles or whatever, but really they don't showcase the power at all, that was one of the nightlights of ASM movies for me, they did a great job of showing off the spider sense

Ok good. I thought he kinda had it early in the film when he was webbing up guns just before they were going off, but then the fight with black Shocker he didn't see a single thing coming

Because that's the hallmarks of a successful movie

Yeah it's really weird that there wasn't like a single showing of spider-sense in Homecoming

>Synthetic web shooters
This isn't your creepy uncles Spiderman.

See though, it is technically there if you want to make an argument for it, but it's now really showcased in a cool way that places importance on it.

Like obviously, because that is Spider-Man dodging something, you would assume it's his spider sense, but honestly if you saw Cap dodge something in that very way you probably wouldn't think anything of it, nothing would seem out of place, you'd just say oh he heard it coming. That's the difference between that and what they did in the older films, namely ASM during the Electro fight in the beginning which really showed how....amazing, it is of an ability and how he uses it to save people

The eyes move though. That was the single thing people picked up on when it was first showed.

>Flash is just a dumb punk
WHEN I SAY BENIS

Watching it after the dust settled like you, I was suprised how little screentime most of them got, aside from Ned (who could probably have done with less). Flash and MJ have like 5 lines each, and Liz barely more.

Go outside, manchild.

I still kek whenever I remember how they tried to make Mary Jane black only for it to backfire.

I thought the reason was because he relied too much on the tech on the suit.

Ned was alright. Michelle was a headache every time she spoke and it was kinda funny every time Ned shot her down when she said something idiotic like at the party.

Nah, there was an interview where they said the spider-sense was downplayed. Think they said they wanted to differentiate themselves from past Spiderman movies. Bad move honestly. The tech was causing Peter problems at times but for different reasons like instakill mode or the web shooter combinations.

>Bad move honestly.
Yeah, I agree.
I liked the scene where he ran out of possible web targets so he had to walk, though.

Ned was alright in small doses, but the movie didn't respect that posology. I didn't mind MJ. Yeah she's a pretentious bitch of the "actually hiding behind her bitchiness" cliché category, but she's treated as such by the other characters (except for the nonsensical decision of naming her team leader), and at least she wasn't as terminally bland as most of the MCU females. Same reason I found Valkyrie tolerable really: at least she's not Gamora/Black Widow.

Liz was a cute

I guarantee she isn't Mary Jane. They are setting up for a "you hit the jackpot, tiger" moment where Peter thinks it's ZendayaMJ only to find out its a different (actual) MJ.