Ducktales 2017

The latest episode was good, fight me.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mt. Neverest? Yeah that was fun. The Toth-Ranone was pretty bad though.

It sucks that we still have to wait till January until new episodes finally come out.

High tier:
The House of the Lucky Gander!
Woo-oo!
The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest!
The Great Dime Chase!

Okay tier:
The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
Daytrip of Doom!

Meh tier:
The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
Terror of the Terra-firmians!
The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!

Best duck.

I wish there was also a collection of those little advertising shorts, like eating vegetables, or that kawaii Scrooge crazy nyan fish strip.

Kill yourself

For the upcoming episodes, we know that there will be one where Scrooge might have been mysteriously abducted (whodunnit), one where he plays golf, and perhaps one where the Duck gang travels to somewhere in the big plane and their plane gets hit by lightning.

should've been the female lead instead

We need more Donald

I thought Mark Beaks was the strongest episode of the show so far. It was the only one where the style of humor didn't feel at odds with the tone of the episode. I'd much rather see more episodes like House of Lucky Gander, but they're almost always dragged down by some stupid running gag.

There shouldn’t have been a female lead in the first place, it should have been Donald, Scrooge, and the nephews, as it is in the Comics.

I heavily disliked the episode, but I can't deny you've got a point there. Their humor suits the more slice-of-life episodes WAY better.

But it still would've been nice if Beaks took the anger of the hitman seriously once he decides to still kill him despite the reveal that Beaks hired him.

Well, being ultra-fucking annoying is one of the personality traits of Beaks.

It wasn't good enough.

>The latest episode was good, fight me.
broadcast scheduling is so shit I don't even remember which one that was

For sure, but annoying for the characters shouldn't necessarily mean annoying for the audience.

anybody have a mega for never-rest

>Short hair
>Sultry look
>Mascara
>Tomboy

Lads, should I commit sudoku? I missed a girl like this Irl because of autism.

was she a duck

Sadly no, a german.

For now, we only had one episode where Beaks appeared. And we'll get one where Beaks is one of the "mystery" guests invited to Scrooge's birthday. But we'll have to wait and see if he even says anything there at all.

what's the difference?

new gyro is nice but I wish he was a new character
I miss the naive chill old gyro

What if instead they made a new character but he's naive and chill?

that'd just feel like a bizarre slap in the face, to be honest
"hey we completely altered this established character but don't worry fans, we also made a new character who's the old character in all but name"

This is true, he does not even remember gyro

Is there no way to please thee...?

Eh. If they make sure to write good stuff with new Gyro, I'll lament that he's different but still be pleased if the final result is good. I'll probably still prefer old Gyro, but like the new one regardless.

Not change the old character, it’s litteraly that simple. Or at the very least, have him turn into something resembling the old character over the course of the show.

>I thought Mark Beaks was the strongest episode of the show so far
You thought wrong.

This is a legitimate complaint. Considering that this is supposed to be Disney XD’s flagship they’re really shooting themselves in the foot by lagging behind in releasing the episodes.

That's probably how Fenton will be.

Where's the MEGA

bumpu

Nothing worth to bumpu if there's nothing worth to talku.
Unless some people are willing to, I dunno, talk about the dub of Ducktales 2017 in different languages.

we could have a moment of autism and talk, for an example, how we'd like to see stuff from the comics or other cartoons brought in

For an example, user, how would you have Brigitta appear in this show?

Fashion week in Duckburg and she's using Donald as male model.

Live with yourself

>The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!

The episode itself was weak but the doofus peasants were some of the most likable secondary characters the show has had so far.

Of course, they're about the only ones that got any real screen time or characterization.

OOOOoohhh! That's the rougher insult, I'd say.

I really liked how all their superstitions about their almighty god pharao was actually true, and how Toth-Ra really had scarab spies and deadly eye beams.

I’m more interested in seeing the original Boys show up. You know, the ones who all looked like identical clones and are only distinguishable by their number-plates, which they use in place of their forgotten/non-existent names, and who, despite their bungling and jobbery, have given Scrooge quite the run for his money many a time.

I just wanted to see Darkwing Duck show up and maybe some nice comfy new fanart from tumblr.

But all tumblr is giving me is all this "Magicstone" shipping art.

I mean, it's nice and all, but did they really have to turn Webby into a gravity falls rip-off?

A thread about cartoon animals that isn't getting deleted?

amazing

Darkwing is getting an appearance later, that's confirmed

>Magistone
>Not DonaldXMagica
Heretics, the lot of ‘em.

Webby

To Bad Duck Avenger probably won’t even get a reference.

But Donald goes with Reginella, user. Magica goes with Scrooge.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind that much the Avenger not getting a nod, because what I'd really love would be a nod to the Fantomius comics of recent years instead, since they do such great work in expanding Duckburg

>Magica goes with Scrooge.
You know that Magica is not that old right, despite her voice in the original Ducktales Cartoon seeming contrary? Also Scrooge and Goldie belong together you fool.

As for DonaldXReginella, well, the one story that got translated by IDW didn’t really sell me on it, so until That one Italy user who said he was working on doing his own translation of the rest of her appearances posts a better example, I’m still on the fence. Speaking of which, I wonder how his progress is going.

Oh, this reminds me. Long fucking shot, but I'm trying to collect and scanlate all the episodes of the Pippo Reporter stories. I suppose I'll start posting around here the issues I need to locate still:

EITHER:
>Pateta Repórter 1 and Disney de Luxo 14, from Brazil
OR:
>Disney Comix 86, 96, 117, 121, 125, 130, 162, from Portugal
OR:
>Pateta 40, 41, 50, 58, 3ª Série, from Brazil
OR:
>Topolino 2835, 2836, 2947, 2966, 2982, 3089, 3125, from Italy

If you guys can start spreading this request through these threads, it'd be lovely.

In exchange, here, a quick scanlation.

>Start watching
>So instead of waiting for Santa Claus
>THAT MAN is not allowed in my home

Okay real talk, I like Duck Avenger and All, but I feel like it lays it on a bit thick with the powercreep, like how it forced Donald to be reliant on some High-tech Gadgets to be able to fight the Dark El-ducks on equal footing. I feel like it kind of ends up overlooking Donald’s most notable traits, being his hardiness, tenacity, and bursts of cleverness. It’s not really a legitimate concern so much as a minor petty gripe, but it still feels weird.

WTF is this stupid feeling I am suddenly overcome by!?

It is the absolute worst.

>High tier:
>The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest!

YUCK.

One of them has a corkscrew vagina.
The other is a duck,

Shit, her ass goes all the way out to THERE.

Identical beagle brother clones as the main beagle boys didn't exist in the old Ducktales cartoon, so they won't exist in the 2017 reimagining either.
However, nondescript generic beagle boys as rank and file underlings are seen in the Beagle Birthday Massacre.

reminder that the latest ep was meant to be the 3rd (between the first beagle boy ep and the gyro ep)

The Duck Avenger series where he fights aliens with his supershield are like their own series, whereas the Duck Avenger stories where Donald Donald Duck still drives around with his normal 313 car could technically be set in normal Duck stories.

Right!?
God damn ducks and their curved up asses...

>Ducktales eps by director (though given that it's a script driven show this is more relevant to the general cinematography than writing)
>Dana Terrace
Woo-oo (first half)
Daytrip of Doom
The Beagle Birthday Massacre
The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra

>John Aoshima
Woo-oo (the Escape To/From Atlantis half)
The Great Dime Chase
The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks

>Tom Owens (most eps also crediting his successor Matthew Humphreys)
The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest (directed with showrunner Matt Youngberg)
The House of the Lucky Gander
Terror of the Terra-firmians

i gave up on this show. when its best episodes are only "good" then it's a problem

No, just promise yourself you'll get her next time user. Next time there won't be any mistakes.

Exactly. Normal Paperinik can be used without too problems.

How do they fuck this up? I can’t fathom any reasons to intentionally do this. And on top of that out of order?
Who would take a series and just scramble them up and air whatever whenever?

Disney has been doing that with shows for years; the last season of Phineas and Ferb lasted about four years because of random gaps between episodes. There was even one episode where they aired the B-part about six or eight months before the A-part.

So what your saying is you basically want a Duck version of this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y

They fucking messed up nephews' names in the Finnish dub I am so confused and mad. How the hell they can even mess up something like that in Finland of all places.

Tupu = Dewey, now Hupu
Hupu = Luey, now Lupu
Lupu = Huey, now Tupu

I was scared they might up fuck Hupu and Lupu because in English they have their H and L switched, but they fucked up Tupu too.

So now I am not able to watch it dubbed because I'm so distracted. It was fine otherwise, Launchpad's VA was not that good actor I feel.

When are we getting a new episode?