Hawkman Found Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/12/jeff-lemire-is-the-hardest-working-man-in-comics.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many more Metal tie-ins are there? I know there's one with Grant Morrison's help.

I think that's the only one left, unless Capullo gets sick again.

That's the last one. Metal's main book only has two more issues left.

I'm liking this origin(?) of Carter.

titties

While still not as good as his Ultimates, this is easily some of Hitch's best work in years.

Carter has best titties.

Those kids know what's up

I read the Hawkworld miniseries for the first time recently, and loved it. Anyone have other Hawk recs? I'm sad that the Hawkworld ongoing collection was seemingly cancelled.

Johns' run was pretty good until he left.

This didn't explain much did it?

I actually think I have even more questions than before now. At least it was sort of cool.

Lemire comes back to DC and immediately gets cucked by a typo.

Hawkman's trapped in his own body because...I don't know.

Icarus and shit

At a certain point even DC must realize they're shit at literally everything, right?

As if Hawkman's continuity wasn't messed up enough already.

I don't get it

What? Didn't he travel to Dark Mutiverse on his own accord in order to explore it? And all the Challengers stuff happeend later. No?

Our boy Judge Hawk

All roads lead to darkness.

Picked both this and Doomsday Clock. Both good reads.

Does anyone remember the recent Captain Atom mini?
It ended with the League watching him from the Watchtower. And Hawkman was part of the League.
Will that be relevant in any way? Because this surely didn't reveal anything.

I don't know shit about Hawkman, was the guy he killed a future version of him?

Lemire is doing a Peacemaker backup, and he tweeted a picture of Charlton characters. So maybe?

Inferior 5 is coming out in June, by the way.

vulture.com/2017/12/jeff-lemire-is-the-hardest-working-man-in-comics.html
>June will bring his collaboration with legendary writer-artist Keith Giffen — a childhood idol of Lemire’s — on Inferior Five. Described by Lemire as “sort of a DC Comics version of The Goonies, or Stranger Things, or It,” it will have art from Giffen in the main stories, but also Lemire’s debut as a recurring DC superhero artist in backup features about old-school figure the Peacemaker. It wouldn’t be shocking to hear that he’s got something else in the works that’ll be announced before too long.

>Giffen
Tantrum ending confirmed.

I suspect this is just a miniseries

Probably, but that's not a surefire way to stop Giffen

I don't know Hawkman, I've just been reading Metal, and this issue was 2 deep 4 me.

kino

If you want to try out the alien-cop Hawkman, definitely read the Hawkworld miniseries. It has excellent art

This a one shot?

Lemire hinted at him writing a Hawkman book so I guess you'll have to wait for that.

Who is this guy?

So, the Manhawks are stealing his previous lives? That's certainly an interesting concept.

Hawkman, but stronger.

>Hawkman, but stronger.

So one of his past lives? But the others didn't seem to care

Eh, it's probably some inner demon bullshit or dark mirror nonsense.

It's 12 issues

Lemire told the dude who runs HAWKWORLD that he's not writing a Hawkman comic now apparently.

As a huge Hawkman fan, I have to say this was disappointing but not unexpected. Hawkman's just a prop for this story.

What a waste of an issue

At a certain point you must realize that shitposting on 4chins doesn’t earn you any GBP right?

>Brainlets are too dumb to understand this
Hawkman is trapped in a loop inside his own mind. He’s under the control of Barbatos. He keeps reliving this day over and over again. He fights the Manhawks, gets aboard their ship, recovers his identity, tries to fly away, crashes to the ground and dies. Then he wakes up in the cave again thinking that his memory of dying was just a bad dream.

I thought the same thing.

Hawkman is all about the past and dying and reincarnating. In this case he's investigating the dark multiverse and gets captured by his dark multiverse self and thrown into a prison world.

He defeats his evil self and flies off and falls and then it jumps to his corrupted self we saw at the end of the last issue of Metal.

I totally forgot about this

Yeah but why? We already knew Hawkman was under control of Barbatos. This told us nothing new aside what it is like for him.

I think this is the Dark Multiverse counterpart of Hawkman, like the creature Kendra transformed into in Metal 4

this was so boring

So manhawks are back to being aliens?

Under Johns they were just random mindless bird mutants