What does Sup Forums think of this youtube comic critic?

What are some good comic critics to follow?

>>>E-Celebs
He's also a moron with a fanbase of outragefags who couldn't give two shits about the state of comics and only want to hear about controversy
He tried to review an issue of Aquaman submerged underwater, that should already tell you something about himself

I think he's genuinely mentally challenged, he was shocked to find that an Aquaman comic disintegrated under water. He also got mad that Terra's tits were compressed by her suit. He has some good opinions, but a broken clock is right twice a day I suppose.

Boy a youtube thread, how very on topic.
Fuck off and die.

any opinions he has that you happen to agree with are just parroted from Sup Forums

One of the biggest dipshits on the planet, nothing but outrage clickbait
Fuck him and fuck you for posting that shit
E-celebs should be bannable

Yeah he's alright he says what we're all thinking, I didn't agree with the ripping up comics part of his videos, is he still doing that?

I know that's you d&c

there seems to be a lot of threads now a days on here that don't necessarily fall under the banner of Comics and Cartoons,

Pan is too much of a submissive soyboy to whore himself on the internet.

He waits in the corner until some goth-looking chick finds her and step on his balls.

>But m-muh honorary Sup Forums

Mr. Enter: Cartoons
D&C (or Cummings since they're almost equally retarded): Comics
Arin Hanson: Reviewing video games
DSP: Playing video games

Broken Continuity
CosmicComics
That CMonster

Hes the DSP of Comics

Can we just get a board specifically for discuss Youtubers/e-celebs since those seem to get a lot a traffic until the mods 404 them?

>>But m-muh honorary shit youtuber thread

>too retarded to put scans on screen
>literally standing over a floppy with a camera
Even if his shtick wasn't "reverse outrage", he'd get disqualified for this shit alone.

This is how you don't read comics when?

He's on point on many things. But since he's an e-celeb, he shouldn't be celebrated here as Sup Forums in general hates e-celebs. It's Sup Forums that sets the trends, not the other way around. He's right about SJW Marvel and it's a good thing that shit is being destroyed. If making mainstream heroes a Muslim, a female (from a male), a homosexual (gay or lesbian), or any other "diversity" doesn't sell, you know it's time to quit. It's unfortunate that Marvel took this long to realize that. It will take many years before they could get back to being on top. Hopefully they also learned their lesson good enough that they don't SJW up the cinematic universe. Don't want to have to watch FemThor or any of that.

>films the comics while he holds them from inside his car because he's too cheap use video editing software
>often has no idea what he's even talking about and will invent back stories to come he is unfamiliar with just so he can get outraged by them.
>Morally outraged by everything and anything despite allegedly being in opposition to people that demand comics change based on their moral hangups

I hope the janitors delete this thread soon. Waist of bits and bandwidth

I personally really like D&C cause i think he's entertaining for the most part and his heart is definitely in the right place. If I weren't as big into keeping up with Youtube subscriptions I probably wouldn't bother.

Honestly he's the only even remotely redeemable "anti-SJW" comic guy as far as I'm concerned, all the others are whining bitches pretty much. People here seem to completely hate him, a lot because of his review of an issue of Super Sons and one of Superman earlier this year.

I feel good about him having been a part of holding people like Alonso responsible for a nosedive in quality at Marvel these past few years and I'm very optimistic about CB Cebulski

Christ, why are DCfags so salty? You'd think they'd at least try to all be smiling happy boyscouts like the characters they love

This. A /yt/ board would be nothing but a benefit to everyone. People interested in e-celebs would have a place to unashamedly talk about their interests and people who hate e-celebs would have their perceived cancer removed.

>some goth-looking chick finds her and step on his balls
where do i obtain such a thing

*to add to this; i absolutely love DC comics, it's just whenever i see someone bitch about D&C it's because he looked at their favorite DC comic wrong

>What does Sup Forums think of this youtube comic critic?
I think "Who cares about this loser? stop shilling him here."

Jesus christ you people are salty as fuck

He's funny, he reads shitbooks that I wouldn't even pirate so I'm fine with him.

Didn't he just suggest that the writer of Iceman should go die in a war?

These threads are usually banned, his videos are about him insulting the SJW writers, some of his videos are fun but the channel is pure cancer to bait these writers in twitter, if you want to know about the industry and the point of view of a conservative in the comic industry you have the Ethan van Sciver channel, there he interview some of the pros that worth instead of talk about Max Visaggio, Kwanza, Heather Anthos or Gabby Rivera

Not this asshole who spams his shit on Sup Forums

Are there any reviews of his that doesn't go the 'it's liberal and therefor bad' route? His Gwenpool review wasn't half-bad, but it seems every other vid of his has the word SJW in the title. It just seems he's more about the viewpoints of the writers than the actual comic itself.

Reminder that the report function should be used on any and all e-celeb threads, since they're against >>>/global/rules/11 and >>>Sup Forumsrules/1

you haven't watched the video, the Simpsons literally used the same joke he did

which is essentially that a war would teach the new generation discipline, which is a very facetious thing to say. he doesn't literally want WW3

>tfw I don't know who any of these people are

Somehow it makes me feel pure.

He has the most entry level opinions imaginable. Opinions that I would have considered normie tier even before any of the marvel movies came out.

That said, he makes insane people want to kill themselves by being extremely bland and ineffective for some reason, so he's okay in my book.

He literally likes comics even if they are liberal, he probably is a liberal himself. It's just current identity politics bullshit which is grossly wrong-headed thinking, such as Bobby shitting on his parents for wanting to take young Bobby in to raise him

he's started using "alt-lifestyle freakazoid" instead of SJW because he knows the term sucks since people intentionally misinterpret it as being literal, pretty much half of his fans are liberals but are rational, good people.

he really liked marvel two-in-one, the new Moon Knight, has praised Chip Zdarsky's spectacular spider-man for it's dramatic writing, did a pretty solid critique of the art in last month's action comics,

he even wished anyone he's roasted this year a sincere merry christmas!

>I think he's genuinely mentally challenged, he was shocked to find that an Aquaman comic disintegrated under water.
I think that was a joke. This is the guy that puts comics that he hates in the sink, so there's no way he didn't know that.

how do i unsubscribe from this newsletter

>he literally likes comics even if they are liberal

oof, should have re-read this before posting, fuck

Well look at it this way, you want one of 2 things in a media critic
>1. Critic tells you whether the piece is good or not, allowing you to not waste time on something that isn't worth your time. Typically these would be spoiler free.
D&C doesn't do that, he does read-alongs that take you more time than actually reading the comic because he goes on rants periodically, ruining the flow of reading and pretty much robbing you from experiencing it yourself. It's not much of a waste because he typically reviews awful comics, but it's still poor form.
OR
>2. Critic makes analysis of the piece, giving laymen insight about things like symbolism, subtext, the technical aspects of the craft, its significance in the grand scheme of the IP's history, etc.
D&C doesn't do that either, he just goes on rants which show no insight beyond some minor level of familiaritiy with the lore. Does he explain why making Iceman gay damages X-Men as an analogy? Nope, he just whines that someone took his toy and painted it rainbow.

The only thing he brings is ammo for outrage to people who don't want to read the comics or are too dumb to understand by themself why America is garbage. He's almost the alt-right equivalent of those articles that praise Marvel for being so brave about diversity regardless of context. I say almost because we have evidence that he does read the comics he talks about.

Thing is youtube provides almost 0 actual content, they're mostly channels that are tangentially related to a variety of hobby topics. Even if /yt/ were to happen most people who post about e-celebs wouldn't post there.

Shocking for a guy who put "diversity" in his name before "comics", right?

Seconded. It's like Youtube is reaching its post-ironic phase by now. Everyone on Youtube is posting about a popular topic of the time, because all Youtube promotes is topics. Whatever you watched last, it tries to find more of that and shows it to you. It's why Spiderman-Elsa got to be so huge, because five year-old kids couldn't read and would watch any Spiderman-Elsa related topic Youtube showed them.

He's just a faggot who doesn't even like comics just wants to get that sweet ad money.
This is why his channel was originally about mangas to get the weeb audience since that failed, he took advantage of the SJW infiltration of comics trend and pretends to care about comics.

>Everyone on Youtube is posting about a popular topic of the time, because all Youtube promotes is topics.
Jesus when Breath of the Wild came out you could barely find a let's play channel that wasn't spending all their time playing that. I don't mind the game but at some point there's such a thing as redundancy. But then I'm guessing they literally all have a fanbase that asked them to play that game because it's all about friend simulation.

Ironically Spidey-Elsa vids qualify as "original content" more than like 90% of youtube.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has managed to be even a decent competition to youtube at this point.

He doesn’t have anything to do with “alt-right” just because he doesn’t like shitty comics, retard

And you’re wrong on both accounts, he flat out gives a yes or no answer as to whether he thinks a comic he’s reviewed is worth buying or not and gives his criteria for doing so.

As for making an analysis of the piece, that is what his rants are; he’s going into the subtext of what is said when identity politics are haphazardly slapped on top of existing characters which is usually devastating to their legacy which fans obviously hate. I mean, what, do you like the new Captain Marvel books? The Ice Man book? There’s a reason why these books are utter shit, but varying perspectives from critics as to why something did or did not work is really important

I like his videos but I’m not outraged at anything, I love comics and want to see them get better

>doesn't like shitty comics
>likes Spectacular Spider-man
the evidence stands against him

Youtube is not for content like shows, it’s for serialized minicontent stuff. It’s basically just another social media platform

I'm not even going to bother acknowledging the rest of your post defending """""him"""""" but

>Implying Captain Marvel is shit because of some flavor of the month buzzword rather than it just being boring as fuck like Carol has always been

Another competitor would just be someone else for you to bitch about, look at Twitch.

The kind of content is water falling into a glass and taking it’s shape. Not the shape of the platform but of the audience.