Ladies and gentlemen!

Ladies and gentlemen!

Gilgamesh is the first superhero!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GOJoLaxokzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>any mythology is superheros
Okay, and all food is a mcdonald's burger.

You're right, Gilgamesh doesn't deserve to be in the same category as capeshit.

Yes. That is literally what he meant.

Hercules had unnecessary crossovers and was placed into myths to make them more popular. He is definitely the first capeshit.

Superhero=/ a hero with super abilities.

>a story about supernatural beings with astounding powers that are close enough to humans to convey a simplistic morality prevalent during their time of creation

Are they not? Sure you can argue that creation myths avoid that but they are an exception.

>who is dedicated to fighting crime, protecting the public, and usually battling supervillains
They're not the same.

SNEED WAS FORMERLY CHUCK'S!

Gilgamesh wasn't a hero, though. He's arguably not even a good person. He's a tyrant who ruins his people and his land for empty glory, then gets a reality check after his bro dies and goes on an insane quest to become immortal, and his own hubris prevents him from even getting a shot at a longer life, and then he has to justify his mortality by saying its fine cause his great works (which he achieved through the blood of the innocent and the destruction of nature) are his eternal life, his glory is what'll make him immortal.

It's an ironic tragedy about the human condition. There's nothing super or heroic about it.

good post

So like Iron Man.

>Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh didn't team up with Captain Mesopotamia to take down ancient Kangs.

AND GAY MEN

Except Gilgamesh was an evil fucker who became such a problem the gods themselves had to intervene to chill him the fuck out.

This.

Maybe not but I want neil gaiman to write it.

maybe
but jesus is the only non fictional superhero

LADS AN’ LASSIES!

JONATHAN FINK’S A BIG FOOCKIN’ CUNT!

So, how would he do in the DC/Marvel universe?

Nonononononononono Shut up! Superman is the first superhero!

>The very first superhero was gay as fuck

I bet someone's to blame for this.

I'm not sure any non-magic hero would be able to properly kill him but honestly without access to weapons that could hit their weaknesses he's only a threat to mid-tier Capes at best.

t. Shirou

Gilgamesh is my husband

So what? Lancelot can still beat him.

He's a hero in the classical sense in so much as he's the main character and he's supernaturally good at fighting

How is marvel Gilgamesh doing now a days anyway?

>Wimpy french fanfictionfag vs. Uberchad King of Uruk
>implying

So what? Thor has been published for millennia!
Where is Gilgamesh's ongoing?

>Wanting a Gilgamesh ongoing knowing some terrible writer would just bring back Enkidu and make him evil or some shit

>Lancelot
>Not Percival, Gallahad, or Gawain
Shit taste.

Nigel Green > All other Hercules

Hercules was the first Poochie!

>that issue where Enkidu was alive again for no explanation and broke something of Gil's and had to go to the underworld to retrieve it only to die again

The bronze age was fucking weird sometimes.

Then again, Iron Age wasn't any better.

Does anyone else remember that time Zeus gave birth to Athena out of his brain?

I can't believe they still kept that origin story.

>Any of those guys
>Not Sir Motherfucking Bedivere of the Perfect Sinews

Fucker fought one hundred guys at once and won.

Go back to /fgog/, Jetfag.
It's my turn to bully Sup Forums

>No secret identity

Who?

the dude from persona 4

>not Lou Ferrigno

Was user really a bear?
youtube.com/watch?v=GOJoLaxokzM

the only & best gilgamesh is from FFV and afterwards fucking plebs

oldest surviving != first

What's your metric for "superhero"?
Why not Utnapishtim or his wife? They're immortal humans

You all have trash fucking taste, everyone knows that Beowulf is the best ancient superhero. He fucking ripped off the Grendel's arm with his bare hands.

Now that I think of it, he didn't have any real superpowers, but still fought with all his strength and power, using tools to level the playing field against the She-Wolf and Dragon. Basically what I'm saying is that Beowulf was the first incarnation of Batman.

>he didn't have any real superpowers
He had strength such that any ordinary sword exploded when he swung them once.

Fucking casual barbarians; listen to an actual bard tell the story sometime instead of your friend who heard it once.

>implying any self respecting bard would walk miles through horse shit to find their sorry excuse for an encampment

Really? Frank the Miller sang that Beowulf slept with all the women in Geatland!

>Not walking miles through horse shit yourself to get to an actual city to listen to the story
And you claim to enjoy the story.

>Listening to Frank the Miller
He also claims that Beowulf held millers in the highest esteem, and that all women should feel lucky to sleep with one.
It hasn't worked yet.

>Frank the Miller
yeah and I bet you believed the smith's apprentice when he said he'd bedded a lass from across the river
I've been across the river, he's got a better chance fucking one of Gromund's goats. Ugly fucker is probably going to end up marrying that pig faced girl and plaguing our sight with their ungodly babies

So uh... Who told the story of Beowulf first? I've heard that it was Bob of Kane, but some claim that Bill of Clan Finger told most of the story.

>"Enough expository banter! Now is the time we fight like men... and ladies... and ladies pretending to be men. As for Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!"

I don’t really care one way or the other, especially when Grant, son of Morris, is the superior Beowulf bard.

>mention Gilgamesh
>Fate shitters show up every time
Fucking kill yourselves and your shitty capeshit franchise.
Fuck off forever.

I came to post this. Nigel Green never throwed a bear so hard that it flown into space and exploded into a constelation.

Who is the first "real" hero in a historical fiction sense; i.e. someone that does good for good's sake. Bonus if they don't get rewarded for it.

Gilgamesh is sentai

Jesus!

He definitely fit the role of selfless hero, but I doubt he was the first. Also, it's a bit hard to call him a hero if its in relation to the first testament (which was unhero-like as fuck).

Moses

Joan of Arc.

>Schizophrenic with a maniacal child-killing best buddy from the 1400s

Neither the first nor a hero.

I dunno if "being directly ordered to by God" counts as "for the sake of it". I'd probably have to go with pic related.

Fuck, I meant this guy.

t. English.

You could say the same about Starlord.

Seeing as half of the charges against her where complete bullshit made up by the inquisitors I would argue that some of the bad stuff people say she did are not true.

Xipe Totec was a Aztec deity that is said to have flayed himself to feed starving humans. That dangling yellow hand in the image is sopouse to be his flayed skin while the red stuff is supousse to be exposed muscle.

>Implying his incarnation in 9 wasn't a good cameo

Prometheus might qualify

It really wasn't. He looked and acted nothing like the FFV Gilgamesh at all.

Prometheus absolutely qualifies. Did the right thing despite dramatic repercussions being certain.

But for sake of itself might not qualify as humanity were figuratively and in some cases literally his children. Also in the end he rejoined and helped Zeus.