What hopes do you have for Season 2 of The Punisher on Netflix?

What hopes do you have for Season 2 of The Punisher on Netflix?

Other urls found in this thread:

splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/12/06/mosque-shooting-plan-tied-florida-arrest)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More street criminals. Didn't hate the military conspiracy plotline but I think we could've had more regular criminals getting Franked.

None, this show franked my hopes badly.

Bring in a Nicky Cavela type character. Trying to exact revenge against Frank. I think it could work. Probably couldn't do pic related though.

Will there be even a second season now that Disney is pulling out of Netflix to launch its own world-dominating streaming service?

honestly, they've already blown their load and have nowhere to go from now

Frank VS military should be a later storyline that gives Frank the difficult situation of wanting to kill the corrupt people at the top, but not want to hurt any of the soldiers that are following their orders and have no idea they are working for a criminal
and how the fuck are we supposed to go back to Frank killing random criminals now that he has gotten his revenge against the very people that killed his family, and is now in a therapy group to try and get better?

they have already tanked the idea of Frank killing criminals, and now their only hand for a second season is to have Russo wake up and become Jigsaw, which would be shit

tl;dr version: they fucked up the first season by playing their trump card early, and now they can't go back

>how the fuck are we supposed to go back to Frank killing random criminals now that he has gotten his revenge against the very people that killed his family, and is now in a therapy group to try and get better?

By realizing that all the franking he did to those truly responsible, did not really appease his hunger for killing. You can have one scene of him watching the news or reading the paper and see all of these violent crimes going on, or a story about a family murder. And then he just picks up a gun and goes out.

The best way to depict Frank is as someone who is addicted to killing.

I have no hopes. He was more a generic action hero than Frank Castle. Numerous times he should have gunned someone down and ended it rather than trying to negotiate them down.

They also didn't leave much development to draw him into just killing criminals for being criminals. Next season they'll probably bring someone from his past back to draw him in for another revenge plot. It's like John Wick, only John Wick was entertaining.

People want more niggers being murdered along with less story since punisher fans only care about the character as a mindless murder machine

Or Slavers.
You can't go wrong with Slavers.
>all the leaders are distinct and memorable characters
>vile enough to make the audience want them dead which is pretty much the point of a power fantasy like Punisher.
>lots of manpower and money so they're actually threatening unlike low-life mobsters

>People want more niggers being murdered along with less story since punisher fans only care about the character as a mindless murder machine

Go read Garth Ennis run. THAT is what people want.

I have and it was overrated as shit and Frank was barely a character

>responding to passive aggressive Netflixshit cocksuckers
Don't bother, mate. Those fags love their high horses.

>netflixshitter has awful taste
Not surprising to anyone.

I want it to be more extreme and controversial.

No madani.

Frank showing his human side is good in moderation.

NO. FUCKING. MADANI.

Basic plot would be something like Frank having a new life and minding his own business but somehow becomes aware of some terrible criminal enterprises (like maybe slavers or so). So eventually he decides to go back and punish again. This should be depicted as traumatic as possible, we need to see Frank almost happy before descending again in his punisher persona.

I would prefer they didn't jump right to jigsaw

None. The show was well made and put together, but the only moment I found noteworthy was Frank being upset that Micro didn't make him a sandwich. I know there have been multiple interpretations of Frank, but this has been for the most part my least favorite execution of a story involving him.

three ways:

- go into his addiction to slaughtering bad people. It is just a part of him

- have a mob boss of some sort (or jigsaw?) piss on his families grave and he just snaps

- sex trafficking. Frank has a soft spot for kids and this would make him snap as well. you can follow this all the way to europe or middle east if you wanted to ala Taken

>have a mob boss of some sort (or jigsaw?) piss on his families grave and he just snaps

Yeah, I could see them recreating that scene with Billy, complete with pic related being changed to now reveal his fucked up face (and maybe the Mr. Cavella/Nicky exchange becomes Mr. Russo/Jigsaw)

I have no interest in continuing a show where Frank is painted as a misunderstood good guy

That Frank starts putting the screws to meta-humans as well

Punisher is at his best when he's making supervillains sweat

Cancellation, please.

Auntie Mo and everything?

I just want some villains from the comic like baracuda or Nicky cavella

Jigsaws face actually being fucked rather than some attractive scar.

He was pretty clearly all kinds of fucked.

FUCK AUNTIE MO

I'm afraid of these guys being an in name only thing. Nobody cares about Jigsaw, so the changes made were fine. Rawlins wasn't much to write home about, and he seemed your standard upper echelon, conspiracy entangled cut looking to cover his hide. He lacked that lazy yet dangerous almost serpentine vibe that made him a memorable adversary in MAX.

The Punisher actually appearing for more than two episodes.

I have extraordinarily high hopes, apparently.

The make up crew working on the healed scar can still ruin it if you can still see some semblance of good looks.

Stop trying to Bourne conspiracy Frank's shit

More Frank Franking those that need to be Franked

Barracuda

Is it too early to have Rachel Cole-Alves?

>sex trafficking. Frank has a soft spot for kids

I want that POSIES scene.

Fucking this

Bring in more actual superheroes to fight Frank. He goes killcrazy again and it takes superheroes to bring him in. It’d make for more interesting fights than him just mowing down endless wiseguys.

Now that the X-Men belong to Disney, maybe he can fight Wolverine. A man addicted to killing fighting a man who can’t be killed.

Did you forget Baracuda started as the bodyguard of 1%ers conspiring to kill people with power outages to increase their corporate stock?

MCU does seem to tone down the power levels of its heroes. So I'd be glad to see classic 1980s-era Logan who actually takes time to heal and isn't lolInvulnerable. None of this gets-shot-in-the-head-and-spits-the-bullet-out shit from X2 (how'd it even enter his adamantium skull anyway).

Thing is, with Disney gearign away from Netflix, is this going to affect the Marvel Netflix series?

>never read the page

I think the beef is more with Frank's family being murdered because of said conspiracy. Frank has dealt with conspiracies as an evil independent of him that needs to be dealt with. Even Slavers had a Conspiracy subplot, but it wasn't that "oh the Slavers killed my wife and kids because I knew something, or "my wife was a journalist that got too close, so she had to go."

We need to bring in the big guns after the shit that was Punisher Season 1.

I disagree that they fucked up, but you are correct in all other aspects.

I feel like they did a good job. Sure as fuck wasn't what I expected for a Punisher show, but I enjoyed it as a story, pointless Madani scenes and all. But there's nowhere to go from here from a character development perspective OR a challenge perspective. You could create a semi-serialized show (say, 3-episode arcs) where Frank hunts down a new gang every week, and that'd be great for people who just want to see criminals get Franked, but he already destroyed half the gangs in new york in someone else's show and dismantled a government conspiracy in his own show. Stakes would have to be raised by getting Frank ESPECIALLY mad at some criminals (Billy coming back, or a gang like The Slavers) or by yet ANOTHER person having ties to Frank's family's death to make Frank return to Franking.

Why are people so split on this show? I'm for the Netflix show. Lightfoot elevated a revenge fantasy, and made Frank socially and politically relevant. The Punisher often reflects the Era he's written in, and with faith in the government at an all time low, it makes sense that some shady individuals in it, will be responsible for the death of Frank's family. It added nuance that was missing from the comics which were often juvenile.

I have a feeling Netflix has a license to those shows, and perhaps exclusive rights.

And if that's true, watch Marvel Comics suddenly pretend The Defenders and The Punisher don't exist as they push all the Fox characters out of nowhere.

because giving the Frank a target by saying a specific person or group killed his family ruins the character motivation

he kills that target and he's done. story over. revenge complete

the original idea that they were killed by random criminal violence that had no purpose other than unchecked crime.. plus, never getting justice showing him the failure of the system... creates the Punisher.
all crime is a target, he needs to be the judge/executioner, revenge will never be complete. it's a direct result of how it happened. not just "family dead Frank angry!"

The show was boring as shit because all that nuance and human elements accomplished nothing interesting. All it did was hold back the punishing and if there's no punishing, why am I watching Punisher?

Literally the night I watch the episode where the white guy bombed civilians in New York City, in real life, a Muzzie was doing the same thing.

The propaganda in this show is shockingly sloppy and cartoonishly retarded. Next episode: same white guy is a gun owner and wants to assassinate a liberal senator opposed to gun rights.

Fuck this show. Member when Punisher was about Frank franking people and 0% politics?

I got no hope , season one was too good, they can hope to equal that, maybe with a crazy nemesis but i suffer from doubt.

>season one was too good
Filtered.

>hurr white ex-soldiers with ptsd never become spree killers

The problem is it's either no/barely any punishing or punishing All. The. Time.

If Frank is resolute in his mission, he's not conflicted. Without some kind of personal conflict, his main characterization will be "serial killer who narrates his exploits," so the show will lean heavily on villains more interesting and conflicted than the heroes, which was both Iron Fist and Luke Cage's asset and biggest flaws. And unlike Iron Fist and Luke Cage, Frank is out to simply kill his targets, so bar him jobbing every fight or the villain plot armoring his way out of everything for an entire season, he'll just face villains that last one or two episodes.

Comic Frank works for highly episodic or miniseries-based comics. I don't think it'd make for great TV.

Then again, there were like eight Death Wishes and all of them consisted of Charles Bronson scowling at/shooting muggers, so maybe that'd be the key to TV Frank's longevity.

Not necessarily true. TV Frank grapples with whether taking revenge for his family is his core motivation or he just needs a perpetual war to feel alive.

I guess a sequel series will bring back Billy as Jigsaw, have him evade justice somehow, and drive Frank back into "the war is never going to end" territory.

>Member when Punisher was about Frank franking people and 0% politics?

Yeah, MAX comics sure shied away from the negative consequences of American military interventionism.

>Frank was barely a character
Frank's dehumanization and his understanding of it are pretty clearly spelled out.

This.
MAX was almost always political. Ennis is a pretty political person.

Funny you should mention Death Wish. I always thought that The Punisher is what happens when you don't contrive an inciting incident over and over for your multiple sequel Death Wish types. The reason why The Punisher ended on the note it did was so that it would be easier to explain why he picks up the gun again. His "peace, " will be interrupted. I think an episodic series could have worked in the 70s or 80s, but now everyone wants tv serialized.

Post some. I'll wait.

I remember when Ennis cared about writing and wasn't going batshit crazy on everything.

Not him, but the politics were always a thematic element of the story, not the driving point of it. The generals were minor villains who only had any real significance in the last arc, and even then the focus was always on the people like Rawlins, Barracuda, and the Russian General who did the fighting, not the ones pulling the strings

Texas Church shooter.
Food Hood shooter.
Second Fort Hood shooter.

But to deny that Ennis doesn't have a moderate liberal political undercurrent in almost all of his writing would be dishonest.

>doesn't have
Fucked that up.
*HAS

Not to mention civilian terrorists like Roof or the guy who shot up a mosque up north in Quebec or this guy (not white, but anti-Islam) who got caught planning to shoot up a mosque before he died (splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/12/06/mosque-shooting-plan-tied-florida-arrest) or the Planned Parenthood guy or the Sandy Hook Guy or Paddock in Vegas or...

It's almost like mentally disturbed non-Muslim Americans are threats just like mentally disturbed Muslim Americans, only we don't treat the former as an existential threat and they're less heavily policed.

To be fair that's because one group (not counting Roof, and white nationalists are even more heavily policed than radical Muslims) isn't doing it out of a desire to pose an existential threat to our country and civilization.

But the rise in ethnonationlist groups and sovereign citizen militias poses a threat deemed noteworthy enough that our government focused on both Islamic extremism AND growing forms of domestic extremism. You've got a fermenting goo of Sup Forums-think in a certain portion of the population and we're going to actively turn our backs on it.

I'd also like to point out one of the few times I've seen genuine anger over Frank violently Franking people in a MAX run was when he killed a bunch of soulless, rich corporate ghouls who deliberately messed with the power systems to kill customers and raise prices (after they specifically told him to go kill some nigger drug dealers).

Very much had a "why did he kill all those (overwhelmingly white and affluent) scumbags? It's not like they're street criminals, he has more important things to do!" vibe.

I don't get that at all. Those are the people most untouchable by our justice system, and the best people for Frank to go after.

It's not the first time either. In Baron's run he went after some Wall Street types on the basis of collateral damage. I think overall The Punisher should go after these types once in a long while. I have mixed feelings about Frank killing cops, even if they're corrupt, it would make things a lot harder for him from a pure pragmatism standpoint.

I hope the Punisher shows up. I wont be watching anyway though. All these shows are garbage.

What a massive list, user.

Surely this is the most pervasive problem of our time, worthy of making it the focus of an entire TV series. No other threats out there that Frank can deal with. In the time I wrote that 100 gang-related deaths happened in America.

Yeah, I'm starting to think Daredevil was a fluke

You don't understand thematic consistency, do you.
It's not like Lewis was even portrayed as a villain like Rawlings and company. His arc was a tragedy.

I'd like to see it go for a more episodic approach rather than an overarching narrative. I know the Netflix series tend to favor an plot where the character consistently changes and grows but I don't feel like that formula suits Frank very well.

I think the people around him and the villains should be the ones who grow or degrade overtime while Frank festers in the bloodlust.

>Frank VS military should be a later storyline that gives Frank the difficult situation of wanting to kill the corrupt people at the top, but not want to hurt any of the soldiers that are following their orders and have no idea they are working for a criminal
>and how the fuck are we supposed to go back to Frank killing random criminals now that he has gotten his revenge against the very people that killed his family, and is now in a therapy group to try and get better?
Escalation has never been a problem for the Punisher. Hell, he goes right from Mother Russia to Up is Down. He assaults a Russian military ICBM complex after some super-virus, then goes to some cunt pissing on his family's grave.

More punishing, less plots that go nowhere. He was a better Punisher in Daredevil than he was in his own show.

Various mobs hire hyper-competent assassins to kill Frank but Frank franks them.

And Netflix Jigsaw seems petty enough to do this.

I want several scenes establishing them as threats not to be trifled with and Frank dispatches of them in a single montage.

>tragedy
He lost the sympathy of a tragic protagonist when he started justifying killing innocent clerks