>DAMAGE
>THE SILENCER
>SIDEWAYS
>THE TERRIFICS
>THE IMMORTAL MEN
>BRIMSTONE
>NEW CHALLENGERS
>THE UNEXPECTED

How do you feel about these new titles? What do you expect to be good, whats going to fail?

Most of them dont really look original. People have been memeing about a new Plastic Man solo series, but instead got a team book. Is this going to fill a gap in the market or will just be a huge waste of money and potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/yearlycomicssales/industrywide/2016-industrywide.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can see some of these being good but Silencer and Damage looks like absolute trash, What where they thinking with these two, pure Nu52-esque edgemaster?

>The first thing that everyone thought when DC announced The Terrifics was “Oh, it’s the Fantastic Four!” and that’s likely not an incorrect assumption. The line-up of The Terrifics is most certainly a cheeky nod to Marvel’s first family and their lack of an ongoing series at the moment, with Mr. Terrific standing in for Mr. Fantastic, Phantom Girl acting as the Invisible Woman of the group, Plastic Man with the powers of Reed Richards and the personality of the Human Torch, while Metamorpho struggles with many of the same problems regarding his appearance and powers as The Thing does.

>While it is a fun goof and the sort of wink and nudge to a competitor that Marvel and DC don’t often do anymore, there’s also a real potential in The Terrifics to fill a gap in the market that Marvel is neglecting. The reaction to the team shows that there is a desperate want for a team book featuring superhero adventurers with fantastic powers and if Marvel isn’t going to be the ones to do it, then DC should absolutely attempt to win over some new fans with their own spin on it. Who knows, maybe Marvel will revive The Invaders as an attempt to fill the gap left by the original JSA as a response?

Good
>Sideways
>Terrifics
>Immortal Men
Bad
>Damage
>Silencer
???
>Challengers
>Brimstone
>Unexpected

>tfw Sideways is undoubtedly gonna be good but will inevitably never escape the title of 'notSpider-Man'
Also, who are the Immortals supposed to be a riff on?

I'll read sideways and maybe the unexpected but on the other hand it's Orlando and he's proven to not be a good writer.

Why are Hulk and Spider-Man there?

Sideways will be worth it just for the art. But i've seen the story concept and it looks decent enough.

Sideways immedietly made me think of the Spot, only without the spots.

Good tier
>THE TERRIFICS
Only for art tier
>THE UNEXPECTED
(sweet Ryan Sook)
>Absolute shit
>DAMAGE
>THE SILENCER
>SIDEWAYS
>THE IMMORTAL MEN
>BRIMSTONE
>NEW CHALLENGERS

I don't know why someone wants this titles with shit to mediocre writers and artist. You can't hire big stars (other than Morrison for an arc in Sideways), DC? It's like Jim Lee wants to bring back 90s Image

In order of my interest
>NEW CHALLENGERS
>THE IMMORTAL MEN
>THE TERRIFICS
>THE UNEXPECTED
>DAMAGE
>SIDEWAYS
>THE SILENCER
>BRIMSTONE

Why hate on Challengers or Brimstone?

No hate, just uncertainty. I'm actually pretty confident that Challengers will be good, but Brimstone is still murky to me.

I've never seen DC try to be Marvel so bad

Fuck, meant for

Who should I read if I want to see a vigilante beat-up low-level criminals and return them to police, even though the vigilante didn't necessarily obtain evidence related to an actual crime such that the police have to rely on the testimony of an unidentified man and would have to release the criminals after the 24hrs holding time is up?

Someone has to if Marvel's not gonna be Marvel.

Batman?

>wants the same thing forever

>Good
>Sideways

I don't want to destroy your hopes, but Jordan's best was medicority. I doubt that good art and occasional Morrison issue will save it.

>abandoning characters and giving their constant titles non-stop shit runs
>the same thing

I have hope.

All he does is fight space cults now. I'd like Batman but without the gizmos and space.

People just want something new. It's been boring lately.

Really? They've been doing it years

I mean why wouldn't you try and copy the only people succeeding when everything you do is a massive failure and you're months away from closing down for good

Only interested in The Terrifics.
Would be interested in Sideways if it had a different writer.

Shit is boring

So Sideways will eventually be Bendis' containment book, right?

>medicority
That's good by DC standards

People want new stuff so DC gives them Marvel's old trash?

Damage, Silencer, and Sideways are brand new off the conveyor belt characters?

What exactly here is new?

Remember the Bloodlines event and how it made a big deal about introducing several new characters? And how all the characters eventually faded away so the event was a waste? Hitman has some mild success but we haven't see him around much recently, have we? I'm expecting the same thing here. Sales will drop like rocks and the books will die, writers will try to keep the characters afloat for a while with the occasional crossover into the mainline titles like Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc. But eventually that will die off and then this new cast will just fade away into nothingness. No hope. It's already dead.

>remember this thing from 25 years ago?
Time to get off the computer grandpa

Bloodlines were all new properties and half of these already exist.

Terrific and his team are probably the most well known. Challengers has a fanbase from the Kirby run. Damage had his 90's solo and I was a fan from his time on the Titans and the JSA. The books may crash and burn but the characters aren't going anywhere.

Introducing new characters in the big 2 is a case of throwing shit at the wall and seeing if anything sticks.

No. Why this board meming this? Bendis is name big enough to create his own character

But Marvel DID revive Invaders, even got Robinson to write it, and nobody gave a shit

Way to go, now I feel old as fuck.

Who the hell is Phantom Girl, anyway?

Why not? Marvel blew up their comic division and DC is rolling in money. Might as well cash in and fill the niches Marvel left.

probably just an excuse for more sjw shit
no thanks. call me when they write stories again where white men are not either all evil or pathetic loser that need strong wyman to save them

>DC is rolling in money.
It's sad to think that somewhere out there there's someone dumb enough to actually believe this

are you stupid.
marvle and dc comic division are both doing terribly.
marvel is just wore of then dc
the sjw take over ruined both their sale numbers.
it´s so bad that a average comic on spot 9 or 10 from 2008 beats every "number one seller" for each month of the last 3 years.

the terrifics are the only thing i care about from this bunch and that's only because of plastic man

>the sjw take over ruined both their sale numbers.

It has more to do with print being dead.

Good thing marvel has movies and TV shows to fall back on

>What where they thinking with these two, pure Nu52-esque edgemaster?
1 - That they would please people who loved the New 52 which is a valid audience regardless if you personally dislike it.
2 - Neether they nor the New 52 was ever edgy, see Ultimatum, Nemesis & Crossed for what edgy actually means.
Bitch.

TPB sales have been growing.

Brimstone and silencer are the ones I'm most on the fence about. But I plan to give em all the 2 issue shot

>ends his post with "bitch."

oh the edge

>Posting a year old image about sales
Any proof those stayed at that level?

But it's Marvel that is sjw not dc.
And the only female lead among the books is more akin to Elektra meets Deathstroke.

Honestly from the quick previews they showed. It looked kinda like a good old fashioned shoot em up comic. Like john wick

Did you somehow miss the entire Bronze Age?

These are kind of a big slap in the face to Marvel. Yeah, i know both companies have copied off each other, but still.

Why the fuck do we need new characters again?
JUST USE THE OLD ONES, YOU FAGGOTS. NOBODY GIVES A SINGLE SHIT ABOUT NEW CAPESHIT CHARACTERS. You have HUNDREDS of them. You're not using even Shazam or Martian Manhunter, why the fuck do we need these new ones?

>Spider-Man Homecoming's grosses alone were more than the total revenue generated by either Marvel or DC comics.

>JUSTice League cost as much to produce and market as DC comics entire annual grosses.

I wasn’t there for OMAC, but I’ll do what I can to save Damage!!!

> Immortal Men
- Hyped for the emerald Zorro/Shadow looking guy.
- Indian Chick also looks cool.
- Don't like that the team is going on the run, I would have liked to see how their normal operation works before it gets thrown into disarray.
- Jim is acceptable but I wish Reis was on this instead Terrifics. Really hope Fabok replaces him when that inevitable time comes.
> The Unexpected
- Hyped for art.
- Like the designs alot.
> Brimstone
- Hyped for art.
> Sideways
- Hyped for art & villain.
- Very little interest in the protagonist himself.
> The Terrifics
- Hyped for art.
- Interested in the sci-fi stuff but not the characters.
> Challengers
- Interested in the sci-fi stuff but not the characters.
> Only semi interested.
> Silencer
- Zero interest.

> Only semi interested
This was aimed at Damage.

DC is going down the toilet.

The year's not over yet, we'll find out soon enough.

silencer will be the first to go since JRJR is doing more kick-ass
looks the worst by far too

>no plastic man solo
dont care.

Marvel didn't see a cent of Homecoming box office, only merch. Sony did

That's why I watched Homecoming but not GOTG and Thor

It's a dayum shame that Marvel Studios didn't make any other films in the $800 million+ range then. Wait, am I supposed to care about which movies you DIDN'T see?

This. And you know Plas is going to get shafted in the terrifics.
What’s the point.

Marvel doesn't get anything from any movie, Feige completely separated the movie division from the comic/television/etc part.

The original post never made the point "Look how much more Marvel Comics made from movies", if you exercise reading comprehension.

Just comparing how small the total comics market is compared to a single successful comic book movie.

I'm excited for Sideways and Damage

DC's not gonna make it to 2019

Hopefully Mouse will buy DC and ends this bullshit.

Nobody is

We'll all be dead by then

WW and Justice League

>>Since Marvel is fucking it up, lets make their comics because why not?
Eh. It balances since Marvel is dominating the Silver Screen.

Can’t complain. The terrifics sound awesome.

>Brimstone
>wanting to bring Blue Collar jobs back to America is THE DEVIL'S WORK!!!
>just pucker up and give it all to other countries and die out, you cis-white Nazi!

Fuck off, DC.

>Metmorpho has a diverse set of powers and a mostly human appearance
>The Thing is trapped in a scaly "rock" monster form and can only punch stuff hard and he's not even all that strong in the power level rankings of his universe. He's even sidelined in most Fantastic Four runs as he's hard to write for when the threats get even larger and more high-concept (see Hickman's run, Millar's run, Waid's run, etc.)

Metamorpho should quit his bitching

Im hyped for Spideman and Fantastic Four. The black woman with guns and Damaged i already know it'll sucks.

She is/was a member of the Legion of Superheroes.

I'm going to support Damage because it's probably the only proper Hulk book we're going to get for a long, long while.

That's what you take from this? That's far reaching.

Look at all those glorious overwrought shades of shit brown and black that Jim Lee is introducing. Based DC knows color and clean design is for pussies when it comes to comic books.

If you can't be assed to make sure the stats you're parroting hold up don't parrot them. They compiled those from the same comichron numbers we see posted here monthly with a bullshit addition attributed to Iv2c46, or whatever the name is.

And no, we won't find out soon enough because I sincerely doubt the number grew this year. And that's not something they'll write an article about.

hes a fucking prop in metal.

Its main take away its DC parodying marvel in an era where marvel is a shell of its former self. Though, beyond the terrifics and sideways i'm not interested in the rest.

I know. Fuck DC

>coal town is dying
>only way to save it is to make a deal with the devil
>which gets everyone in town killed anyway
>should've just invested in bitcoin, bro

Not really.

>But it's Marvel that is sjw not dc.
not really. DC might have brought most of their white male heroes back but the never really get to act heroic or badass. they usually act like comic relief or incompetent fool to some minority or "strong wyman" character. They are always shown to be in the wrong or in need of help.
plus DC just like marvel have kept their censored sjw costume design for all their female characters

This. Glad I’m not alone in this that the DC heroes have been really pathetic lately and I’m not talking about power levels.

Boring is exactly how I would describe Dark Matter's books

>Sup Forums is turning on DC already
Took longer than I expected

I think the newest nightwing stand alone comic is the worst offender.
I thought it was gonna be about nightwing kicking ass again but no. it´s mostly about some ugly looking feminist redesign of starfire pushing around some beta cuck nightwing. even 90% of the supporting cast are "strong wyman"
what boy buys wants to read a comic like that

that´s nothing.
superman not that recently saved illegal aliens from an american citizen that wanted to deport them
and supergirl is teaching the world about "trans acceptance" fucking sickos. they have blood on their hands for trying to normalize a mental disorder

>martian manhunter will never play a big role in DC again since nowadays every minority has to be represented which leaves no room for non human characters
nice going sjw diversity

It saddens me to see Superman getting raped like that.

Comichron and ICV2 put together this report every year comichron.com/yearlycomicssales/industrywide/2016-industrywide.html
Of course they're going to do it again next year, it's what they do. There's no agenda-pushing.

>superman not that recently saved illegal aliens from an american citizen that wanted to deport them

Wew lad. What a way to deform the story. The man didn't want to deport them, he was about to point blank execute them. That's why superman got involved.

>someone hates illegal immigrants and wants to shoot them
>man of steel prevents people from dying
>must be because DC is pushing an anti-white ideology

let´s not kind ourselves statistically speaking in 99% of all cases it´s a white native born citizen that get´s brutally murdered or raped by an illegal immigrant and not the other way around. why is DC not showing that side instead of their little liberal fantasy?
also if superman actually did his job and helped the government prevent illegal immigration normal people wouldn´t have to act
the comic ends with superman letting the family go instead of handing them over to the border police. creating the notion that south Americans are above the laws because of their skin color

>statistically speaking in 99% of all cases

yeah the US government released the most recent crime statistics
you can check it out yourself

Who?