Aquaman movie

It will be a sucess like Wonder Woman or a failure like Justice League?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yahya/status/889321319547805696
twitter.com/yahya/status/889650948414386176?lang=de
twitter.com/yahya/status/889654111959998465
youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Aquaman
whaddya think?

If they’d just release a trailer or maybe even a teaser maybe I’d know

If no Snyder, then success is possible. I think the character could use some fleshing out from JL but could be interesting.
Also, Mera. Full Frontal

failure

>If no Snyder, then success is possible.

Well financially WW was a success, but personally I found it vastly overrated. As for Aquaman, I hate this take. Momoa can't act, underwater scenes won't work due to dialogue limitations, and they'll fuck up Black Manta

Either way, it will be OUTRAGEOUS!

If black manta isn't a pure cunt I will be let down, I have low hopes anyways.

highly divisive movie just like dawn of the dead.

Man of steel was not even divisive, it was a joke

>Man of steel was not even divisive, it was a joke
More than half of all critics liked it though.

even a blind pig will find an acorn every now and then.

James wan is a pretty decent director and for the most part it doesn’t sound like WB is meddling to much in what he wants to do with movie due to lack of any bad news coming out about the movie.

You mean no Synder on script, right? With the camera he is fine.

not on script, not on direction
he is a decent (if gloomy) cinematographer.

Aquaman doesn't have a gimmick like Wonder Woman, which was advertised as "first female led superhero movie in a long ass time".

WW did so well because the female audience flocked to support it. Aquaman is not targeting a specific demographic and he also didn't have much impact on the audience in JL. Like Gal Gadot or not, she made a really good impression in BvS. Every review was pretty much "this movie is shit, but Wonder Woman was amazing!".

I really really want it to be good, but I seriously doubt it will be. How old is he supposed to be? From the context of justice league movie it seemed like early 20’s but based on the actor in costume he actually looked upper 40’s

Wonder Woman had a weak start thanks to her being in BvS but shot up after gurl power praise kick in.
Aquaman is following after BvS and Justice League, on top of that he is pitched as macho man in a climate that dosn't praise those.
At best he will be a sleeper hit like Ant-man at worse he is just going to get crushed under not because the quality of the film but with all that stacks against viewers even giving it a fair shot. Also if they don't change it release date it's going up against a Star Wars film and that shit will steal tickets no matter how shitty it is.

People like comic hero movies with heroes that they can relate to. Heroes that are nor superpowered, heroes that have problems we also have, heroes that live on land.

obviously it's another in the long like of DC failures

and wonder woman wasn't a success

Conflicted. I have zero faith in Jason Momoa carrying his own film and as Aquaman after JL, but Wan is by far the best director of WB current DCEU crop, so it gives me hope at the same time.

First trailer will be key.
if its all dark solemn edgy bullshit the movie is dead. If it looks fun, bright, if Momoa smiles. it has a chance.
It just has to declare itself a departure from Snyderverse, and Im pretty sure Wan knows that. I am hopeful. A good Aquaman movie will lead to more good movies.

>doesn't look, act or even fucking think like Aquaman

Wan's got a lot to do with little to work with. The universe is canonically awful at this point, the tone for this entire saga is poor, the actor manages to be even weaker than Gadot is. I mean, I guess, I mean. It's possible? Maybe?

To turn a character around 180 and at the same time make the plot interesting and at the same time make the character capable of connecting with the audience while at the same time dramatically shifting tone and changing the themes and somehow cram all of this dramatic change in a runtime that doesn't overstay its welcome.

This shit's gonna sink

Mera is hot af but the casting is shit aquaman should be blonde.

The actor seems fun.
twitter.com/yahya/status/889321319547805696
twitter.com/yahya/status/889650948414386176?lang=de
twitter.com/yahya/status/889654111959998465

so if they bleach his hair you are happy?

>Momoa can't act
>the actor manages to be even weaker than Gadot is
I have heard that Frontier proves otherwise.

Nah is direction is superb, his problems are strictly related to creative choices he makes that no one puts their foot down against.

>People like comic hero movies with heroes that they can relate to
>heroes that have problems we also have
If that was true then people would not be demonizing the humanized Superman Snyder gave us.

>if its all dark solemn edgy bullshit the movie is dead
>the tone for this entire saga is poor
I hate you evil fucking bastards so much.

Im not objecting being called an evil fucking bastard.
but I am curious why "hate"

>highly praised by critics
>highly praised by audience
>Her first movie made more than all first trilogy movies on MCU except Avengers and Spiderman
>made more than Thor 2, Iron 2, America 2 as well
>Made more profit than any MCU movie this year
>wasn't a success

youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o

>makes bad creative choices
>superb Director
pick one

does dceu not understand anything about lighting?

I haven't seen it, so cannot comment. Apparently neither have you, so why even bring it up? All I know is, I don't care for his Aquaman

this isnt the first thing they dont understand

Because there is nothing on this earth wrong with dead serious super hero stories.
A bad director is one that executed his creative choices badly or one whose creative choices are inherently nonsensical.
None of those are true for Snyder there was almost nothing bad or incompetent about his creative choices they are just not what appeals to childish campfag mass audiences.

You literally just used "You don't understand Snyder" as a defense

All the contrarian's will pretend he is their favorite superhero considering everyone likes Aquaman the least of the Justice League.

There are literally people who will say they liked it regardless of the quality.

The "It's too deep for you maaaaaan" is literally the dumbest excuse for pretending that Snyder's movies are actually good.

No I didn't say audiences don't understand him, I am saying he doesn't appeal to them because they want more immature silly forms of entertainment.
No different the I don't like romantic comedies for the most part so I don't watch them, that doesn't mean I don't understand them.

See -

What if Aquaman really is my favourite superhero?

your first point is correct. Nolanbats made mad bank and people seemed to like it
your second point is subjective. and i refuse to get into "Snyder is..."
the main point about Snyder is that the viewers dont seem to want his vision. Wan needs to separate from MOS/BvS or suffer the same fate

It doesn't appeal because it's not good.

I love Aquaman and I hate DCEU Arthur. And Id wager Barry is least favorite, at least among comic readers.

Of course, like, we all want a super goofy batman movie likes Tha Dark Knight.

You fucking retard, it's not about maturity, it's about Snyder being unable to make an entretaining plot.

Who knows. But for me he was one of the more interesting characters in the film, while Batman just bored me. Love the reckless he has, and enjoyed the lasso part with him.

dat Mera

I like James Wan, but I just don't see this being a successful movie, either critically or financially. I want to be proven wrong, but I'm not expecting it.

>Snyder being unable to make an entertaining plot.
I would settle for coherent honestly

But there is nothing "not good" or incompetent about dead serious Superhero stories or even Superman stories.
Hell some of the most well likely episodes of Superman tas are dour as fuck.

>Of course, like, we all want a super goofy batman movie likes Tha Dark Knight.
It's been 10 years since then and the Mcu hadn't yet come out to let loose the childish desires in audiences.

See saying shit like this is what makes people think you fuckers genuinely didn't understand the films. There is nothing incoherent about Mos or the Ultimate Cut of Bvs.

Snyder's movies are filled with disconnected cuts, scenes that have nothing to do with the story, and chopped up scenes that completely lose the point.

Snyder has no storytelling skills, no editing skills, and barely any direction.

it's like he shot hundreds of scenes because he thought they were cool. then desperately tried to make a story with it afterwards. then when any crew tried to point out that it didn't hold up he said "Reeee my creative vision!!!" and threw donuts

Momoa is not good but he's far better than Gadot in Justice League.

Retards gonna tard.

>misses the point.
you are right, there is nothing wrong with dead serious superhero stories
but there is something not good about Snyder's cape flicks. If you like them thats cool. lots of people dont.
And I dont buy the "its too smart for you" rationale from a man who thinks Heavy Metal is Highbrow

i havent wasted time with the ULTIMATE cut, since I already wasted my time with the theatrical, which was barely more coherent than SuckerPunch

Too late.

Here's the thing you're missing here; other directors have handled serious capeshit better than Snyder. Snyder can frame a shot, and movie's are a visual medium, but the fact remains that his narratives/plots leave much to be desired. I liked MoS, I liked that we got a Superman movie that challenged Clark, and gave him the no win scenario (in terms of his ethics). But he strays too far from what makes people like superhero stories, and frankly there are instances where he doesnt understand the material. BvS wasn't overcomplicated, just messy. He made a lot of effort, twists and turns, to get to a title bout only idiots cared about. Then in the third act, its a complete 180 where it feels like another movie crammed in just to tie up loose ends and set up Justice League. You can like some of the aspects of what Snyder does as a filmmaker, but still acknowledge his weaknesses

fleshing out what?
his life as a pier hobo?
Mera telling him here to go next?

he was just there to join the league and not undo years of pop culture.

>I am saying he doesn't appeal to them because they want more immature silly forms of entertainment.
Wrong, Nolan batman is even more serious than Snyder movies and he made over a billion 2 times.

>TDK rises - 2012
>Logan - 2017
Serious superhero movies never stopped doing sucess, stop with this shitty excuse

I honestly can't believe that Snyderfags are real, HOLY FUCK the excuses are beyound retarded, are you fags really implying that people don't like serious superhero movies when we just god Logan?

IS THAT BLACK MANTA?

He has some tubes going down on his shoulders, so probably

I want it to be a success just so we can live in this weird world where Wonder Woman and Aquaman rake in more money and critical acclaim than Batman.

See, look at this shit right here. He's not wearing anything that says "Aquaman", he's wearing shit found at any given Harley shop. They never wanted Aquaman, they wanted fucking Lobo

It has potential to make normies actually like Aquadman again, I hope they don't screw it up.

Because he's not dressed as Aquaman, he's just being Arthur

nitpicking faggot

>they wanted fucking Lobo
That's just Momoa dressing like himself

You know for goddamn fact they'll keep him out of costume for as long as possible. Why do you think he has the tattoos? And no, Momoa doesn't act like Arthur. In Justice League Arthur acts like a tough guy trying to prove to people, and by extension the audience given their misguided perception of Aquaman, that he's not a fucking pussy. Comic Arthur does no such thing.

> In Justice League Arthur acts like a tough guy trying to prove to people, and by extension the audience given their misguided perception of Aquaman, that he's not a fucking pussy.

i dunno, a lot of Johns nu52 Aquaman was that kinda annoying junk

>You know for goddamn fact they'll keep him out of costume for as long as possible

Why? He spends most of his time in JL wearing the costume
Besides, in Wonder Woman she barely wears the costume but nobody complains about that

It was just one issue, and Arthur didn't go out of his way to prove people otherwise. It was more about him putting up with it and not caring
In truth I don't really care for the DCEU costume. The armor looks bulky, and clashes with his theme of being a fast swimmer

MoS, BvS and JL are mostly Superman movies, the entire plot is around superman not batman.

> money and critical acclaim
> mentions MoS, BvS and JL
good one

>> Snyderfag knows his favourite movies are unpopular
>> "I-It's Marvel's fault!"
Like clockwork.

Wat

user is implying that if Aquaman make more money than Snyder movies it will make more than Batman, what is wrong because those movies were Superman movies not batman, Batman last movies was TDK rises

MoS > half the bullshit mcu shits out

If it doesn't have strong visuals, it's going to fail horribly.

Momoa can't act and he sure as fuck isn't a household name, neither is Amber Heard or really anyone in this movie. The DCEU is associated with a shitty movies and unlike Wonder Woman, there isn't a mass movement like feminism to be associated with.

Not to mention normies don't give a fuck about Aquaman in any form. So yeah, if the trailer doesn't look visually impressive, its fucked.

It won't exist, like The Flash movie.

if he was like Best Aquaman, this wouldn't be a problem. Normies didn't give a fuck about Iron Man till the movie, so it is possible I guess.

If by "half of MCU" you mean barely better than Dark World and Iron Man 2 then you're right.

Same thing will happen when Black Panther comes out

>I love Aquaman and I hate DCEU Arthur. And Id wager Barry is least favorite, at least among comic readers.
zis

It's already finished, they even paid part of the adversiment.

I enjoyed Dark World. The first Captain America and Iron Man 2 were fucking snooze-fests.

I don't disagree, but Aquaman is an uphill battle cause he's a popculture joke. Unlike most MCU protags, he's not more or less a blank slate to audiences.

Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 2 and 3, AoU, Antman, Cap 1, all SHIT.

>Cap 1
>bad
Shit taste

It's gonna suck so bad. I'm not even gonna bother seeing it with my moviepass.

>Thor 1 and 2,, Antman
kys

Even though I disagree with Ant man being bad Thor 1 and 2 were motherfucking awful

post whedon reshoot fanfics

Oh man this is gonna be a good thread to link to when Aquaman is a huge success

We did this with Wonder Woman too when people convinced themselves it would flop.

Thor 1 and 2 are fucking terrible. the fuck

>half
You can't name one MCU movie better than MoS.

Iron Man

Sorry but every MCU movie is better except Thor 1 and 2, even Hulk is better.