Why do some people actually fall for the meme that older comics are better...

Why do some people actually fall for the meme that older comics are better? Just look at modern comic art and see how much better the coloring is you brainlets.

Modern coloring is fine. It's just older art looks really weird with modern coloring.

Older comics do look better. Modern shit tries way too hard to be gritty and "realistic", and it all looks the same overly detailed crap outside of rare instances. It all looks like Jim Lee, and it's fuckin boring.

>muh coloring
penciling>plot>dialogue>>>inking and coloring
in terms of importance

Sinclair's coloring is bland as fuuuck

Older comics are also better because they didn't drag on for years telling the same bland "story" in uneventful increments. Used to be you'd get a complete story every month.

>B-but, muh trades!
Fuck your trades, fuck your whore mother, and fuck you. And people wonder why comic books are fucking dead. Your options are to either wait a year or two for the trade to be collected, IF it gets collected at all, or pay for a piece of a story every month in which nothing actually happens. This is the kind of utterly fucked business model that pulls in 20k sales in a good month. Fuck this piece of shit industry.

Trades are superior though man. Do you actually like having those stupid floppies in those stupid boxes in your house? They should focus on making quality trades instead of wasting their time with that stupid variant cover autism market.

It's not about the physical media itself, retard. The problem is that NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS. Each issue of any given book is a fat load of fucking nothing now, and instead we have arcs that drag on and on and on, accomplishing nothing. Comics really need to go back to a done-in-one format, because this obsession with writing for the trades has destroyed any easy access. You can't just pick up a random issue and start reading, you gotta fuck around with wherever the fuck a given run starts, and nobody gives a shit about such nonsense. Fuck trades, they helped ruin comics.

Mini-series are pretty accessible. And they can easily be turned into trades without any reading order.

Mini-series still take several months to complete. Stop trying to justify tradefaggotry.

Done-in-ones. I'm not wasting my money on anything else anymore. Fuck comic books.

Can you stop wasting your time too and stop posting here

I like the structure of your bait. Well done.

modern comic book art and the vintage stuff are both good if you ask me for example ethan van sciver

>dialogue
Older comics have terrible dialogue.

>YOU DISAGREE WITH ME. STOP POSTING WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
Oh you can just go right ahead and shut the absolute fuck up. Someone said something you didn't like on Sup Forums. Well, tough SHIT. We all have to put up with people saying shit we don't like, you ain't fuckin special, you whiny little cunt. Either get used to the fact that other people exist, or fuck off and die. Fuckin crybaby.

>coloring

If only there were a JSA thread happening right now so you'd be contained there

Well there ain't, so I guess you'll just have to keep fucking crying about it, won't you? Face it, trades are an utter trash heap of a practice that has significantly contributed to the slow death of comic books as a medium by utterly destroying accessibility. Only the delusional can deny this. Fuck trades.

but everyone with a shelf in their house would prefer a trade. why do you want constipated one-shots when six issue story arcs are the same thing, but give more space for good artwork, and can fit on your shelf in a very presentable fashion?

>caring more about the book being "presentable" rather than the contents being entertaining
You deserve shitty comics. Kill yourself.

go have fun with your yellowing toiletprint floppies you old geezer.

Your autism is spiking. Chill the fuck out & just read something else, like a novel you dumb fuck. Or keep crying that big business doesn't listen to you.

Trades aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It may suck to you, it may be killing the industry, the content may not be to your liking but you gotta do something else other than yelling, boy. Read a better series instead of crying & yelling to people who don't really care. Find something more important to be mad about.

Buy a trade that collects a bunch of one-shots senpai.

You fucking brainlet. Sometimes inking matters more than penciling

>coloring
How about inking?

Old marvel was usually a storyline in one issue or an arc up to three issues. Arcs above that, up two twelve issues were done in form of an event, spread over several ongoings so you could collect them in a month or two instead of having one ongoing whose plot lasts an entire year.

>everything is better when a computer does it

most older comic look better then most of the new comics, a few new comics look better then most of the old comics.
the real reason why old comics are superior since they were still free of sjw shit

>Used to be you'd get a complete story every month
And 99% of those stories were absolute trash.

When it comes to the silver age and you're not a kid, sure. With the bronze age, no. Back in the 80s, Jim Shooter's Marvel had 70+% market share and they didn't have a single book that sold below 100k.

This thread is about the quality of comics. user very clearly made the point that writing for trades is making them worse.

He's on topic and you aren't. The only topic you seem to want to discuss is him and his taste.

Regardless of the differences you can clearly tell the inking is secondary to the pencils here

Yep and it was glorious.

But i have to admit I liked when the publisher in my country would make a single issue of 60+ pages (still a floppy), which you would get instead of a normal floppy per month.
(because the publisher was reprinting material years behind what was going on in US, they were able to do that)
I don't remember exactly but the pricing was favorable too, or even entirely unchanged.

For example DeMatteis and Buscema (dream team) Spectacular Spider-Man #186-188 (Funeral Arrangements with Vulture, one of the best spider-man stories) was printed this way.

(on a side note, i can't stomach modern capeshit art as well, the OP bait is entirely unappealing to me)

no such hope. People were actually praising Hitch for Hawkman Found when Nowlan was the one who salvaged his shitty pencils,

I'll take your bait and raise you an image to fight about.

Inking is just as important as pencils

>EVS
>good
Next you'll say Jim Lee is good

this is so... subjective

There are a ton of details the first colorist missed like the can and the hay in the cage

But it also makes the first panel more focused and the action more dynamic

>how much better the coloring is
Modern coloring is indistinct and muddy trash.

Left > Right

EVS is good for covers only.

the downgrade in quality from left to right is staggering