/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

JAR JAR edition!

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #5 (Wed 27)
Star Wars Adventures #5 (Wed 27)
The Last Jedi: Storms of Crait (Wed 27)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

licensingrussia.ru/media/presentations/d8a50d0d-755b-4e22-8b61-ed36ef84a03d.pdf
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-admitted-he-went-far-phantom-menace-screening-1070589
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apathy is death.

Hail Mandalore!

Master!

Finally drew those Aphra lewds guys

It isn't fake because it uses the jacket Han wears in leaked images, a new bandolier for Chewie, and Lando wears a jacket that appeared in a picture of Lando's wardrobe on Ron Howard's twitter.

Star Wars isn't just a thing for socially alienated white men/boys anymore. It's grown beyond that little niche, and it also needs to lose the baggage associated with whiteness/maleness to reach a larger audience and have more influence. Lots of the lessons and teachings embodied by Luke Skywalker are white, masculine and western in character. They've been done to death. The monomyth, Joseph Campbellian structure is dated and stale, and it can't keep running on those fumes forever. I sympathize with lots of the grumbling white male neckbeards are doing. Star Wars was their thing and they don't want to share their beloved toys. And they're obviously gonna hate The Last Jedi because, in essence, it's about how Luke's legend really was flawed and limited in its scope. The Jedi philosophy, just like the phallocentric white male western patriarchy, was bogged down in its own dogma. There's something beautiful and touching about the sentiment of "passing the torch" in TLJ. The white western male, long held as the only source of heroism and power in the canon, gracefully steps aside not only for his own good, but for the good of the universe. In more diverse and progressive hands, there's no telling what this universe, and the force along with it, might become. It's an exciting prospect, to say the least, for those who aren't embittered neckbeards living in their parents' basements. TLJ is going to be a watershed moment in sci-fi and genre films generally. It's all about letting go, letting your creation grow beyond you. And Star Wars, like civilization itself, has evolved beyond its parochial and patriarchal past.

>master race

Sup /swco/. Name my band.

licensingrussia.ru/media/presentations/d8a50d0d-755b-4e22-8b61-ed36ef84a03d.pdf

hmmm

Canderous would paint the walls with that wannabe.

I want to bury my mouth between those thighs and teach her the pleasures of girl love

The Baka Gaijin feat. Trashman

>Canderous
more like Cancerous, amirite

Dead Kid Parade

fuck your x-wing

Doctor, please, I can only get so erect

>carrying conversations from old threads into new threads
>being this new

Don't bully the old man

Since Disney bought Fox, does this mean we could have the 501st squaring off with xenomorphs?

not more luke

Go to bed, Kathleen.

Only in a non-canon comic.

Yeah this happens pretty regularly in generals. I don't know what forum you came from but this has been normal on Sup Forums since I began visiting here in 2009.

So
Progressive

Did it irritate anyone else that Kylo had his helmet when he visited Snoke? He left it on Starkiller base.

Bait and trolling are a part of the white supremacist patriarchy.

Get to work Hasbro.

He had a closet full of them, but he destroyed them after Grampa Snokey told him he looked silly wearing a mask.

Adolf would be proud.
No he wouldn't

That's not how we do things in /swco/ though, newfag

>Implying he doesn't have a closet full in every private room of his across the galaxy.

Knights of Ben

>deleted scene shows him smashing his room and destroying a dozen or so helmets in the process
It's my new head canon regardless.

10/10

Ok Sup Forums what was the worst thing the prequels added to canon? Most people say meme shit like midichlorians but those aren't even that bad. The absolute worst thing in the prequels is ninja flipping Yoda and Sheev. These masters of the force should be so above lightsabers. Yoda using a lightsaber goes directly against his character. And Sheev is an evil space wizard. Why would he use a jedi's weapon?

The Palpatones

Jakku being a gigantic shipyard like the boatyards and junkyards of calcutta and places like that around India is a pretty unique idea we hadn't seen in SW. It even differentiates itself from raxus prime which feels more chaotic, hellish and dangerous. There's a tranquil element to the concept Jakku while feeling new and interesting unlike what we got.

People who hate Yoda fighting hate fun. The clone wars Yoda single handedly destroying a whole robot regiment is a fantastic scene.

The worst part of the prequel canon is Maul's total lack of screen time and Grevious' jobber death.

>Yeah this happens pretty regularly in generals.
Not here it doesn't. In fact, we forbid it.
>I don't know what forum you came from
Came from right here. Been here for years.
>but this has been normal on Sup Forums since I began visiting here in 2009.
Now you're just lying. You're a goddamn newfag. Learn the rules or fuck off.

>Yoda using a lightsaber goes directly against his character
>"A lightsaber, it is the weapon of a Jedi Knight"
>"Ah yes, a jedi's weapon"

Nigga you've gone full retard

If you don't have Lightsaber fights, the Pavlov's Dogs that make up the Star Wars fanbase wouldn't know when to start drooling.

All you'd have left is incredibly rote Space Opera with thin-as-paper characters.

The Forgotten Ones

Yoda/Palpatine is so over the top i love it. the dooku fight tho....

>nobody took this exact same bait last thread
>I know, I'll try it again!
Sup Forums go home

Kira a qt

Those are meme reasons as well

real concerns are

>Maul and Dooku not being Trilogy long characters
>Making Anakin a fucking child when he met padme instead of a pre-teen or teen

>ifunny
at least crop it out, jesus

best bait

All wings report in

I know this is bait, but it's not just the lightsaber. We have to also accept that not only does Yoda still fight with a lightsaber at 880 years old, but he is also able to jump around like a frog on crack. It was just another slap in the face to the OT lightsaber fights. When TPM came out Lucas explained the fast pace by saying that everyone in the OT was just old or a half-robot or a young kid that was never really trained properly. But then he made the PT and we see old people with lightsabers like Yoda and Dooku and then we see robot people like Greivous moving around super fast so the questions come up again, Why do the people in the OT fight so slow. Honestly, Lucas just wanted the fighting to be faster so it's faster. You either just accept it or you don't. But I'm tired of people acting like Yoda bouncing around doesn't slap established canon in the face.

Fuck off, faggot. Standing by.

Not sure if they're supposed to be fallen jedi or something but I just found something interesting that was from the original GL episode 7 concept. Implying in the early drafts Luke isn't the only jedi in hiding...

go away Standing by.

I'm not giving (you)'s, but is this Sup Forums or Sup Forums or what? I mean, we've always had bait in here, but they're not even trying anymore.

Hey kids, want to see Filoni without his hat?

>I know this is bait
>replies anyway
Retard

Make better posts. Standing by.

rey own ship

no no just give her the millennium falcon

doit

It was clearly the same person. No one responded last time, but this time one person just happens to respond who also agrees with him?

>These masters of the force should be so above lightsabers.
>Yoda using a lightsaber goes directly against his character.
>And Sheev is an evil space wizard. Why would he use a jedi's weapon?
Not even good bait.

>artist does tons of variations for the Jedi Killer design
>JJ doesn't like them
>artist still uses them for Knights of Ren
>makes one based on ship camo from Chris Foss's Dune covers
>JJ likes it but doesn't like the stripes so bright all the time
>asks to make them chrome so they can be dark and light as necessary (and so he has something to bounce lens flares off)
>results in what we got

As an autist when it comes to visual design, goddamn I love this.

I'm still convinced Rey should have been the Han Solo character. She had the perfect background and skill set for it.

Next time you are playing with your own dick while also sucking your boyfriends dick and you think, "Hey, should I stop blowing my boyfriend to go spam /swco/ real quick?", don't. standing by.

I don't know what you're talking about, user.

If this scene isn't in IX, I swear to Christ...

what the fuck user

I'm honestly glad they went with it. Kylo's helmet is one of the very few things from the TFA concept art where the design they went with was better than the rejected designs.

Just look at this shit.

pls stop, I can't hold it any longer

Would be more fucking retarded than hyperspace ramming. Kill yourself.

>9 ends with a victory celebration
>Rey and Kylo look over to see Luke smiling at them
>as they go to join the party he's joined by Ben, Yoda, and Qui-Gon
>this is the sole prequel reference in the movie

I'm super disappointed about how little alien worlds we've been shown in the ST. I haven't been impressed or dazzled with any of them.

>implying
You want to be a Vader wannabe, you need to go all the way.

jedi killer

I kind of liked Crait's "red under white" gimmick but other than that the ST planets have all been boring as fuck.

>Qui-Gon

nigga why the fuck would he be there

Not an argument. Try again.

Is that man-bun Luke?

>this is the sole prequel reference in the movie
If the sole prequel reference is a cameo by Liam Neeson I honestly wouldn't be mad. That's better than what we got in TFA and TLJ.

That's the type of hair that Mark wanted Luke to have for ROTJ.

Salt flats didn't do anything for me. The crystal caverns were cool, they should have been the surface terrain as well.

Yeah, he went full Samurai.

He had it coming.

look like the thing from man of steel

Kira looks kind of like Aphra in that picture

REMINDER

>under water space ship
i have mixed emotions about this.

Was reusing TIE's something they decided early on. It seems like most of the art work has TIE's being the First Order's starfighters.

I can see then why they rejected if this made in 2013

We were on the verge of greatness

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-admitted-he-went-far-phantom-menace-screening-1070589

>documentary was on the DVD
>clip popularized in the Plinkett reviews
>whole doc has been on the Star Wars youtube page for years
>write an article about it today

the fuck

I feel like we've seen something like that before.

Seems that way. There's a few fighter concepts but it seems like they just went with "it's the Empire, use TIEs and Star Destroyers" pretty early on.