DC Black Heroes

why are dc black heroes so shit and boring?

Depends, why are black superheroes being developed/written by white people?

Because no one really cares for them. They got made by editorial mandates, not because they were someone's fantasy, as superheroes should be.

name one good marvel black hero? They all are shit. Milestones the only good placw you would've gotten good minority heroes.

Are you seriously calling Black Manta boring?

>Manta
>Boring
Someone get me a filet knife so I can cut this faggot's throat.

>why are dc black HEROES boring

Black Manta is a fucking solid character. So's John Stewart, to some degree.

The rest are shit, but then so are plenty of DC characters?

I thought Sup Forums liked Static? Also doesn't Cyborg have too many disparate renditions and runs for anyone to call him boring?

>why are dc black heroes so shit and boring?
Because DC is too afraid of giving them any personality beyond stoic, serious and/or smart.

Look, you can't put it in the fucking picture and then expect people to somehow not talk about it.

Also, you're probably a racist, LOL

He is our only hope against Atlantian scum. Of course he's a hero.

Anyway. Whos excited for Black Lighting's show and new book I sure am.

True, it's possible for Cyborg to be an interesting character, it just doesn't fucking happen very often

Pretty accurate

His book is already out, and I don't care much for CW trash

People are afraid to do anything interesting with them for fear of being accused as bein racist.

I actually really like Steel, I found him a great father figure in 52 and they really gave him some awesome moments with Lex.

Static Shock is a pretty fun character, I liked the show and when you play him as the nerdy hero that sucks at interacting with people it works quite well for his out of hero persona.

John Stewart isn't too bad, I like his military attitude and making him the currently leader ofthe Green Lantern Corp seems to work, I like seeing that military mind of his work and make plans.

Cyborg is one that has potential and was pretty fun in the Teen Titans cartoon and in the old comics, I think we need a bit more of that bro dude attitude for him to just relax, it can help show the sports hero side of the character. I also believe Cyborg works best when he has a friend to work with, like Gar (Beast Boy) or Billy (Captain Marvel)

Also Black Manta isn't a hero, but I like him, I think that he's pretty cool and probably is nearly as petty as Reverse Flash when it comes to villains at their level of drive to hate their enemy

I'm excited to see Thunder, Lightning and Grace get more exposure

>Static SHOCK
HIs name is just fucking Static

Uhm, I kinda liked Johnny Thunder.

This.

okay Static, sorry the cartoon was good though

this is why I read marvel. Their diversity heroes are so intereresting. Miles Morales 4 lyfe

Are these the same person?

Why do you have such shit taste and opinions?

what's so interesting about Miles?
Can't even have his own identity outside of being another Spider-Man

Because white writers are afraid of giving them any flaws

So they pass them off to black writers and act like they're doing them a favor when all they really have to do is man up

Look at Black Wally and Black Power Girl before Priest got a hold of them

Look at Black Sally 8n every book after that

*Black Wally in every book after that

I think Percy handles Wally well in Teen Titans.
having to work contemporaneously with Priest having interest in the character probably makes one step their game up

Christopher Priest got pissy at Marvel because they only wanted to write for Black Characters. He jumped at Deathstroke, he wanted the challenge of writing hardass buff Colonel Sanders

>icon heroes
>developed and written by white people
Someone doesn't read comics

Since you care, I'm just the second post. No idea about the others.

Christ I meant Milestone

Because black writers shouldn't be obligated to write black characters and vice versa. It's fucking comics who cares about the writer's skin tone.

DC has better black superheroes than Marvel. Maybe DC doesn’t do enough with them.

DC does a lot with them. They just don't shove it in everyone's face

Name a few good stories with Black Wasp.
DC has a lot of terrible "not really legacy" black characters Cosplaying as a more famous white hero. And whatever the fuck Mr Terrific is supposed to be, on the rare occasions he is in a meaningful book.
Now they are going to use him as Reed Richards on their 3rd string Fauxtastic Four.
Whoopee.

remember when JLU was such a hit there was a time people thought John stewart was the main GL? good times...

Steel, Static and Black Lightning are all good. Batwing was decent during the N52. Stewart was good during mosaic.

Bumblebee is good in all the cartoons she’s in.

You probably just can't relate to them because you're not black and so you instantly don't care to understand their perspective. I.e you're a brainlet

Vixen is interesting. Her powers are cool. She had her own cartoon and it was really good.

Mr Terrific, Black Manta, and John Stewart are cool
No one cares about the rest in that pic
Wish they'd stop shilling Cyborg and make people care about him

what was the point of changing kaldur'ahm's name and making him gay?

Writers can't pile shit on these characters, like they do for their white counterparts fearing the backlash that would ensue from the sjw community.
The same rationale applies to Superman. He's fucking boring because writers have to abide by the status quo and any new development or notion is squashed under mandate enforced by nostalgic neckbeards

If you count Milestone as DC then DC has a lot of great black superheroes.

>stewart
>steel
>manta
>static
>lightning
>shit/boring
Your opinion is wrong, you're a bad person on a fundamental level, and your mother is a whore.

Have you never read JSA?

Bumblebee seriously needs a better costume
I would gladly take Vixen on the League over Cyborg any day

She's got her own League now which is pretty okay. Logo is the saving grace of the book

Bumblebee's new design is nice.

They're finally bringing it back and 90% is written by Hudlin, I'm conflicted

I mean its alright, but it still needs something. Something visually distinct or striking to help differ her from The Wasp.

>Bkack Lightning
>Static
>John
>Steel
>Terrific
>Manta
Did you decude tobtake a photo of a bunch of good black heroes? And villain, singular.

Then he is boring.

I say go with the hair puffs from the 2005 cartoon

And use those B shaped weapons to channel her powers. Those were neat

>Johns
>Writing interesting characters

I agree about the B's, but the hair puffs seem so played out for black characters. Like that other Power Girl for example

Priest's Steel was great. His Black Wally is the best written Flash since Waid's Flash ended. I hope Priest gets to write a kid Flash run.
The rest are thrash though; Even Manta, Bumblebee, Vixen and Mr Terrific. Prove me wrong.

>Black Manta
>Trash
How is it possible to have such shit taste?

In the case of John Stewart, Steel, Static, and Mr. Terrific, they're criminally underused. In the case of Black Manta, writers have forgotten the core of what makes him such a great character. In the case of Cyborg, no one gave too much of a fuck about Cyborg to begin with.

They sort of give her hair puff in the Teen Titans Judas contract movie.

Name a good story then?

Puffballs arevsuck a childish hair style. Artists need to get out of their comfort zone and draw othet hair styles for black men and women.

I think all she needs is a creative cowl or helmet to help stand out. Ditch the puffs, they're not doing her any favors

Black Manta is officially /ourguy/ despite being a nignog.

That still looks like Wasp

Right but its still a step in the right direction.

His breakout arc is collected in Adventure Comics #451+452 and is concluded in Aquaman #56. He also consistently steals the spotlight at every opportunity in Forever Evil and Brightest Day.

Mr Terrific is sick shut your whore mouth

>obsessive antisocial autistic defined by his all-consuming hatred

Are you sure he's not Sup Forums's guy?

>Also doesn't Cyborg have too many disparate renditions and runs for anyone to call him boring?
They're all boring, except for his rendition in the Teen Titans cartoon.

Aquaman Vol 4 #4 - #6
Aquaman Vol 6 #10 - #12, #32 - #38
Aquaman New 52 #7 -#15
Aquaman Rebirth #1 - #15
Justice
Teen Titans Rebirth #8 - #11

Static was created by Dwayne McDuffie.

i am user. not even a joke, its probably the first CW super hero show that doesnt look shitty.

Fuuuuuuccck.

That's awful news.

who's the bottom right?

The Ray.

>I would gladly take Vixen on the League over Cyborg any day
abso-fucking-lutly. I can appreciate that when they made the JL movie they wanted to keep it classic so fine, but in an alternate timeline, where WB wasn't a shit production studio and they were planning a JL movie to made after the introduction of each hero i would have liked for DC to meet Marvel's Black Panther at the box office with Vixen.

Aqualad is cool.

manta is the autistic hero that /co needs faggot

fucking nigger usurper of white colture

Static is a milestone character.

I was talking mainly default comic roster, but yeah. I don't know, I just think Vixen has a nice gimmick, and it prevents Wonder Woman from being the only chick on the team. Granted Vixen isn't Animal Man, but she still offers a side of the DC universe (The Red) hardly seen on the League

Christ, there didn’t need to be a Justice League movie made after each individual hero’s movie. You didn’t get a Black Widow or Hawkeye movie before The Avengers came out. Before anyone says, “B-But they were introduced beforehand”, the Justice League cartoon was made when the only other established members in that universe were Superman, Batman, and Flash.

>Black Lightning
Actually a pretty cool guy, I like how he grew old, became a dad and a total square.

>Cyborg
Meh, he was okay with the Titans, shit in the JL.

>Static
Cool kid. Black Spidey done right.

>Batwing
The original was cool, I liked having an actually African hero. The second one blows.

>John Stewart
Big fat meh.

>Steel
One of my favorites. JHI is just plain awesome.

>Aqualad
Never cared about Johns' OCs.

>Black Manta
Shit hero, awesome villain.

>Mr. Terrific
I thought Johns did a wonderful job with him in JSA.

Static is great. Read his original run.

because black people are developmentally challenged

Just read manga instead, that way you see no color.

Why are all black guys bald?
There's like two with actual hair. Why?

white people write terrible black people most the time.

Because DC wants all its stoic and serious black men to have bald heads. The youthful black males can have any hairstyle they want but the older males must have bald heads.

It isn't even just DC though.
On TV all the black dudes are bald.

Well that just a style choice by those people. In DC, however they just don't want them to have hair. All of them used to have hair but for some reason or other they became bald out of nowhere.