Recent Purchases/Shelf Thread

Post/discuss recent purchases,shelves,collections, etc.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.com (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery adress outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Anyways, here's the first part of my meager shelf, mostly manga and Dark Horse stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

booksetc.com
booksetc.co.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Second part of my shelf - DC/Image/Marvel stuff

Here's my xmas haul. Reminder to avoid ordering from Amazon/Barnes & Noble if possible because your books will most likely get dinged up on the way (see the 4th trade in pic related)

And here's what I picked up yesterday from a local bookstore. Never heard of this but Saw Delano/Quietly on the cover of the first issue so I thought I'd take a chance. Apparently the series is split into multiple arcs with different artists doing an arc.

Thanks for making a new one. HereĀ“s the Christmas Cheer haul, thanks everyone,

Ooh, I recently read this, but only liked the first story arc with Quietly. The others felt lackluster compared to it, but you might like them more.

whoops. Also I got Zombies Christmas Carol for ~5 USD on christmas eve.

No missing Sandman vol 3 this time! Also I have some Sup Forums from Panini, Dragon Ball, 20thCentury boys, My hero Academia and One punch man, and some others that can be seen in pic related.

>that Sandman collection
very nice

Anyone got the new Kirby Fourth World omni? How does the spine hold up?

Some fat marveldrone has a video online of it, you can search it up and it's about 15 minutes where he shows off the entire thing off. It looks great in terms of spine and paper quality.

Isn't it misprinted with repeated pages?

No.

I think there's one page that gets repeated, and another that is subsequently missing.

Really? Because googling "4th World Omnibus misprint" gets a lot of results from reputable sources.

That's not something I find acceptable in a $100 collectors edition.

>Jojo
but user...you had my favorite shelf? I just don't get the love for the show. just randomly naming things after other things isn't a reference, you have to do something with that. Like your other new purchases though

Yeah, apparently one page is repeated. Not really a big deal considering the consent that's missing.
But alas, DC trade department strikes again, the JLI omnibus actually has more than one tiny problem like that...

last weekend was 3 days of buying. Day 1

day two. That Heavy Metal issue was balls to the wall insane. God I'm loving that magazine again now that Morrison took it over

Im not going to change your opinion. When I started to watch, it feel like that just naming for reference sake. The more I watched and got into it it felt like having a long time friend I never knew I had and I just like it. Besides part 1 is my favorite mostly because I share the name with the protagonist, thats right, my name is REO Speedwagon
Thanks tho. My favorite is the wall of omnis someone has.

Saw Scott McCloud in the bargain bin so grabbed that. It's another book from the 90s that seems to predict the ridiculousness of the political world today. Hated his experimentation with digital art though. But at least he experiments

will those misprints get fixed?

>Black Monday Murders
Nice, still need to catch up on that series

>DD by Waid vol 3

Some of you guys are alright, don't go to OPs house tomorrow.

me too, hence the issue 5....I was catching up and found out I didn't have that issue. No clue if I never got it in my pull list or if I lost it somehow

Yeah yeah I know it's the only hardcover in the bunch. I got it for xmas a few years back and it was cheaper than the softcover

I try to only order from Amazon if I'm ordering enough to get an actual box... though they have a bad habit of splitting orders up.

Hasn't arrived yet, but I recently purchased all 4 volumes of Superman Adventures, and Hellboy The Silent Sea

most of the books at the LCS are banged up worse...people will fuck them up by rummaging through

>booksetc.com

You guys really gotta change that old template for these threads

booksetc.co.uk/ is the actual website

>No missing Sandman vol 3 this time!

kek. when I saw the pic, it was the first thing that I noticed. you have learned your lesson mi amigo mexicano. also, I'm still jealous about that beautiful Kingdom Come edition

bumping

This was my Christmas.

My shelves are now totally full and I'm putting off rearranging shit to make space for all of this.

And a couple of things that arrived late.

Silent Sea was good. I kind of wish the recent Krampus story had gotten upgraded to one of those hardcovers

Oh, um.. me shelves too...

is it necessary to read road to flashpoint in order to enjoy Flashpoint itself? only watched the movie so I always wanted to check that one out

Lol I remember hearing that Lincoln book being the worst thing he's done.

No.

Can't be worse than The Sculptor.

>put off ordering something to loan a family member money
>get repaid
>book has sold out
>only other place that has it charges 15 dollars shipping, which is only 10 less than what the book costs

Man shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet, why does helpin others always bite me in the ass?

How's Hook Jaw? It HC or TPB?

What did you want to buy?

It's only necessary if you read the tie-in miniseries and one-shots, and even then, not entirely necessary. If you're going to just read the Flashpoint event itself, read The Flash: Rebirth (Johns/Van Sciver, not DC Rebirth) first.

It looking good so for but I am still kinda scared. Especially with DC less then stellar batch this year.

Gifts and recents.
The Fourth World book- the binding, paper quality and especially the color reconstruction are all great. The missng page is covered by the duplicate page. The missing page is the 4th page in the last issue of J.O.

Monsters is great, and full of awesome Kirby art.

Space Riders HC.

I still need the original DB Vizbigs, that was the golden age of the manga imo

>want to buy some floppies to hang on my pussy magnet wall
>have a list of around a dozen that I want
>not a single ebay or online comic shop has all or even half of my wishlist
>would have to order from 5-6 different places to get them all

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I want to save on shipping NOT FAIR.

Hardcover. Nice book, bigger than I thought it'd be.

>"pussy magnet wall"
>be me
>start collecting
>girlfriend thinks it's pretty childish
how do you convince people that the whole medium is not only for children? ffs

It's not really the naming that draws people, it's the over the top fast past action and crazy situations.

>Want to hang some signed comics
>Framing is really expensive

Also the character design. Araki is /fa/ as fuck

>the framing is more expensive than the comic
>2x-5x more expensive

Don't even get me started on the futility of getting most modern comics graded.

Unless the pussy game is spectacular, it's not worth the effort.

i know they said it would be large, but i didnt think it would be this big. it seems fine to me. im no expert but reading this on a table is mandatory and you can forget about taking it anywhere. i think it's 75 at instocktrades.
hawkeye is really good as well. i wouldnt pay full price for it though. 100 is too much and im glad amazon had that 40 dollar deal cause i wouldnt pay more than that.

how's jack kirby's demon? i was thinking about getting it. and i mean, like story and action wise.
just tell them to read watchmen and dont talk about it beyond that.

shelf

>tfw love Kirby art but the stories haven't aged well

It's rough dudes.

If they come even slightly dinged just talk to customer service about it. They'll ultimately give you a refund without having to return the book. I don't think I've actually paid for a comic from them in 6 months because they have a 100% fail rate on shipping.

The stuff he also wrote aged better than 95% of comics published pre 1980

Did they fix the coloring mistake for Deathstroke #11?

I love the stories too.
And

Hi

I started the same thread last night. It got deleted

; _;

I really want those Invisibles hardcovers

The later ones might still be in print, but the first one seems to be oop. I remember I saw a copy in a local bookstore a few months ago, so I should head over there and see if they still have it.
Books 2-4 still seem available.
There are softcovers also coming out if you really want them in general

Bump

>deliveries in the rear
heh

Pretty good taste.

>Tfw my shelf broke and my books are all sucking cock on a table and i'm panicking about them bending.

SEND HELP

Set up a cardboard box and use it as a hobo bookshelf.

Have you read them before?

First time posting in a thread like this (meeting because normally I can't LMAO), but here goes my Xmas haul... Yeah, I'm very into Cosmic Marvel, that omnibus is joining the Annihilation Conquest I bought a few months ago and hopefully the Annihilation reissues that will come out in February, I believe.

The Multiversity book is due to the whole "Hypercrisis" meme that went on in Ultimates threads I lurked in here, and to be honest it looks like the only kinda thing I'd actually like from DC, because normally I'm not in the least attracted to it, doesn't appeal to me. Also Nextwave and Marvel Boy, because duh, Ewing.

Nope. I'm reading the first Hellboy omnibus now for the first time.

You may not realize it yet, but you're making an excellent choice. There does not exist a more rich comic multiverse than that of Hellboy and his cohorts.

Boxing Day was a good haul.

It's all weeb shit this time, but I need to brag.
I've got the first Record of Lodoss War novel coming on Wednesday. Should be neat, I never watched the anime, just heard the tale of how it was some japanese group's D&D campaign.

But that's not what I'm giddy about.
I've preordered the first two True Tenchi Muyo LNs, in print for the first time in English, and at all in 20 years.
And if these sale well, the next logical step is to publish the GXP novels.
The only downside is that the first one doesn't drop until the end of June, so I have to be patient for another six months.

As someone who doesn't care about DC, I'm intrigued by "Fourth World", and I'm seeing this omnibus a lot in this thread. Is this like Kirby's Eternals on Marvel? I haven't really gotten around reading that either because I'm holding out for when I can get the paperbacks (hopefully soon), but this Fourth World thing seems also to crossover or relate to Mr. Miracle too, which has been getting a lot of praise...
I have no idea about these, but I'd like to know more. I lean towards Cosmic Marvel stuff () so I feel like this would be my fancy.

>Is this like Kirby's Eternals on Marvel?
Something like that.
Kirby going full Cosmic and setting up a mythos from scratch after he left Marvel.
It's the ideas he had when he wanted to end Thor at the logical point of Ragrarok and start something new.

Been a while since I posted my shelves.

>Absolute Final Crisis
I wish there were a way for me to get that without selling the soul of my first born child.

Very nice then, I'll make a point of saving money for this next year. I feel like it should have a more attractive cover considering it's Kirby, but whatever.

Maybe, but it's Kirby's art, it wasn't used on anything else, and it gets the point across well.
And Big Barda on the spine is perfect for such a massive book.
Plus, the cover beneath the dustjacket is a bit more attractive.

I remember seeing it was going out of print, so I made sure to snatch it up. Also got that Dark Victory on IST by chance. That one is hard to come by.

Not the wall of omnis I was thinking about , but its also very nice.

Whatcha reading /shelf/?

Just finished the latest issue of Moon Knight and boy is it hot garbage. Unfortunately going to be dropping the book even though I love the character.

Working my way thru the Christmas haul , right now at Nextwave, I always forget how wonderful the mail and recaps in this was.

I didn't get any comix for Christmas sadly
Plus I think UPS gave up or something because I'm expecting a box but haven't seen any mail arrive at my building in like a week.

Hi, Sup Forumsmrades

Since it looks like we both got Nextwave , I'm gonna start right there. I already read all the smaller paperbacks, just wanted to own them and show support.

>all that Showa
I was thinking of getting those early next year.

The spine of that Fourth World omni is gorgeous. I need to put funds together to buy that.

I'm that guy who kept all his unread books in piles. I decided to fix that and have most of them standing up proper now. Old photo of how they looked.