How can people stand to like Superman? His power level is inconsistent as fuck

How can people stand to like Superman? His power level is inconsistent as fuck.

I fucking love Sooperman. You fuckin cunt prolly like Batman becUses he's just He's mortal and that makes him relatable. Shove off faggot

>power levels
That's why you'll never get it.

People on Sup Forums "like" him due to their daddy issues and their contrarianism.

But Batman has a has a consistent power level. How can I fear for Superman’s life if he’s struggling against Lex Luthor when I know he can just blow up the planet?

this

His power level doesnt matter, his character does. Go read Secret Identity as a prime example of why that is.

>powerlevel fag

Listen, Superman stories aren't about powerlevels or how strong Superman is. At their core they are about the nature of humanity and being the best person that you can be. The greatest Superman stories are all about internal in nature and thus don't need to focus on powerlevels. Instead, they focus on how using those powers effects yourself and the world around you. That's why the best Superman stories are far superior to even the best shonenshit powerlevel wank-fest. Because powerlevel stories only focus on the feats whereas the Superman stories focus on the character.

this

A good story is a good story, and there are plenty of good stories for people to like Superman.

/thread

This.

Superman is good. The supporting cast of his comics are cancerous.

this
is not about powers
is about the character
If it was because his power
he should have been the strongest character in all of fiction since the 80¨s

Its not about the super.

Its about the man.

>Power levels are the only way of measuring drama in a story.
You are a complete idiot.

Thank you. Only idiots concern themselves with power level nonsense

Why do you need to fear for his life to be entertained?

>powerlevelfag
Why can't powerlevelfags understand that stories are more than just powerlevels? Is it too much anime?

even in the 90s when it was electro superman, supes was always about rising above the challenge. not the super powers

You kind of have to laugh at a demographic that adores stories where the biggest thing to happen per event is a character getting a new power

Go to bed, Bibbo

>But Batman has a has a consistent power level

Suspense

Superman isn't good because if his physical strength, he's good because if his moral strength.
You're a fucking idiot, OP. Superman gets his ass kicked all the time, he's not immortal. If he gets hit hard enough, he WILL die. He's also vulnerable to magic, psychic powers, reality warping and electricity. All if that in addition to the thousand kinds if Kryptonite. I don't understand why people pretend Superman's invincible. You should fear for his life as much as Batman, because both characters have plot armor that prevents them from dying every issue, same as every other main character in every other story, comic or otherwise.

>The people who like Superman are the contrarians.

You're retarded.

>Implying you ever fear for a mainstream superhero's life.
You never fear for Batman's life either, because you know that DC doesn't have the balls to kill him off even semi-permanently.

Dislikimg Superman is the ultimate brainlet opinion.

>If you don't like what I like, you're an idiot

>I can't like a character at all unless their power level is portrayed consistently by different writers over the course of decades
>I'm also incapable of understanding how anyone else could possibly like such a character, whether or not I like them myself

This is actual autism.

fucking this

I'll bite.

Yes because you shit your pants from fear for their life reading other about other superheros.

This is the biggest bullshit argument you could procure.
There is no suspense in this regard for any superhero in any story ever.
ESPECIALLY today, when any temporary change in status quo is telegraphed weeks ahead by marketing. You just read to find out with what contrivance he or she will resolve the plot contrivance of the month. There's no other emotion in this beyond curiosity and excitement for the unknown.

>has a has a consistent power level

Not at all true.

Batgod has whatever he needs to have to win, that's why he's referred to as the one character whose consistency is that this plot armor (particularly "prep time") makes him neigh invulnerable against all comers - meaning he wouldn't be able to defeat them in a. straight up simple battle, but they can give you all these bullshit ways that Batgod can pull out shark repellant versions of what ever he needs to defeat ANYONE.

And a utility belt that adapts to any situation.

Go back to watching your Chinese cartoons, son.

I agree with this because I believe it is possible to write one, but I'm personally yet to find a good supes comic. Is All Star Superman the best I can expect from his books?

I will, western superhero stories are always mediocre as fuck.

Fuck off, Lex.