As a lifelong Marvel fan who to this day is still learning about DC characters and lots of it is new to me...

As a lifelong Marvel fan who to this day is still learning about DC characters and lots of it is new to me, I'm starting to feel like overall DC has better villains than Marvel, thoughts on this? Is there any truth to this feeling or is it perhaps just that it's new to me so I find it a bit more interesting than stuff I've known since childhood? Not a company wars thread btw just interested in others point of view, try to keep it civil

there are no big bad villains in marvel anymore. You got Thanos or whatever but it's mostly just hero infighting now

I don't think DC has better villains but they act as better foils to DC's roster of heroes.

>Tigershark manhandling Black Manta

Phil Jimenez done fucked up.

I don't know about universe-to-universe comparisons, but as far as comic-to-comic comparisons, I can confidently say that when it comes to comics starring villains, John Ostrander's Suicide Squad blows away the Thunderbolts (all versions).

If you want to know more about the villains of DC then you should make John Ostrander's Suicide Squad a top priority.

>Not a company wars thread btw
So confirmed for a Company Wars thread.
I'll give you a few points for being somewhat subtle OP.
But people who make disclaimers in the OP like "Not a Sup Forums thread","Not trying to bait" or "Not trying to company wars" are doing exactly that and know it.
It's a fucking "Comic Company X sure has better ____ than Comic Company Y" you faggot.

This pic make it look like marvel universe as a whole is a rip off of DC

DC is always better than Marble, at everything. Period.

Marvel has better arch-enemies overall for its major heroes and teams, but DC has better overall rogue galleries for its them.

Kirby Villians are best.

It's true. Keep reading.

Discussion and comparison itself is not "company wars"

>Thanos
He keeps getting streamlined so much that Starlin just fucked right outta Marvel.

Both him and Ewing reference that Multiple Thanoses-theory.

Superman villains are average
Batman Godtier
Wonder-woman sucks
Flash is okayish.
Aquaman sucks
Martian Manhunter is literally who's.

To all Sup Forumsmrades. Present the best villains DC and Marvel have to offer and their deeds. We then dissect what villains need to be great

Marvel used to have a stronger roster of villains with sympathetic backgrounds while DC had more complete monsters on hand. DC got way better at making more sympathetic villains though and Marvel got in too deep with the heroes vs heroes stories while fucking up their villains.

>Martian Manhunter is literally who's.
So are most of Marvel's.
Cap has Red Skull and literal whos.
Iron Man has literal whos
Spider-man has Venom, Green Goblin, and literal whos
Wolverine has Sabretooth and literal whos

"best" is very subjective and would likely end up with a bunch of AU or isolated guys getting hyped up

Ok then, smaller order. How to make literal who villains great.

there are good marvel villians in my opinion for example green goblin, venom, doctor doom, Loki, red skull, doctor octopus, magneto and galactus to name a few

It's pretty easy to make them great, just write one really good story about them. I didn't know or care about Marvel's Scarecrow until I read the Ghost Rider/Cap crossover one-shot that was about him, now I like him.
But now most authors don't want to salvage literal whos, they want to make their own donut steels.

I say this as mainly a DC fan.

Doom and Magneto are about as good as they come.

I didn't say anything about Marvel. I just judging DC villains.

Martian Manhunter villains suck.

You can do as says or you can just have the villain become fap bait. It worked for Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Emma Frost and Harley Quinn.

The thread subject is about comparing between the two. Wondie, Tony, and J'onn are in the same boat when it comes to rogue's galleries.

OP here by the way, see, Doom and Magneto kind of bore me these days...but when I see stuff posted from guys like Zoom or Reverse Flash or whoever the hell it is and Black Manta, I become more interested in it.

My favorite Marvel villains are probably Green Goblin and Bullseye though

>> Who is Lex Luthor
>> Who is the Joker
>> Who is Sinestro
>> Who is Reverse Flash
>> Who is Black Manta

Is this what DC fags felt during the new 52? Jesus this marvel sucks pity party from Marvelfags needs to stop. Get a grip. Marvel will get better eventually.

Until then enjoy some rebirth.

lex Luthor is a mixed bag.
Joker is a meme
Sinestro is okay
which one?
black manta is a meme.

>Is in some of the most iconic stories(Something that Marvel doesn't have)
>Meme

>Joker is a meme
The most popular supervillain for 7 decades is a "meme"?

>As a lifelong Marvel fan
I don't know why people need to mention this, as if it's some mark of taste. If anything, it makes you look like a pleb.

It's a disclaimer so people won't say you're just baiting.

I've never been a Marvel fan so this might come of as incredibly biased, but you're right.

One thing that kept bringing back to DC were the villains and how they actually seemed to matter to the story without just being shoehorned obstacles that needed to be overcome. Fuck, look at Dial H. Mieville brings back two literally who villains from the early 80s and turns them into interesting characters.

Wish Marvel would do the same.

Meme as in overused and exaggerated. His motivation is stupid, his reason for being evil always change up, people always hype him as an agent of chaos.

To be fair Starlin acts like a complete bitch when anyone else writes Thanos to the point of actively retconning anything he doesn't write.

No, while the main books were something of a mess the secondary and minor titles had some good stuff.

Wondie and Tony have rogues' galleries, most of J'onn's villains had only one or two appearances.

Im a marvel-fag and i will take green goblin over joker any day, im super tired of joker and his le anonymous goals, fuck joker, penguin is a better villian

>it's this thread again

DC actually has the heroes fight villains. Marvel on the other hand has neglected their villains to force hero vs hero shit.

>lex Luthor is a mixed bag.
Suck my dick you fucking queer, Lex is GOAT villain.

It’s a comic forum and you’re a pleb if you’ve always liked Marvel? Isn’t there some more edgy place for connoisseurs like you?

Tony stark is the worst villain of them all!

#carolcorps #civilwar2milion #haildanvers

what do you guys think of marvel and dc handling their prespective status-que? Superman is married with a kid, batman is getting married, there are like 432523 human lanterns and fuck me if METAL does not fuck the world up with the whole everyone hooked to a battery to suffer their own nightmares over and over again.
Meanwhile at marvel, everyone's dead or gender swapped, spiderman is poor once again and still single, tony went fuck off to nowhere and now jean and scott are alive again

What a Sup Forumsmblr thing to say.