We can at least agree that everyone would have loved Korra if ATLA didn't exist

We can at least agree that everyone would have loved Korra if ATLA didn't exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12759749/1/President-Bolin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CAN WE STOP HAVING THIS THREAD PLEASE

No, it'd be much worse

You're probably right.

I still liked Korra a lot, just not quite as much as ATLA.

ATLA is my favorite show of all time, which is a pretty damn high bar to clear.

Nah, it would still be shit, I just wouldn't be as disappointed.

Umm no sweetie

So much in korra depends on having prior knowledge if the series that people would just scratch their heads and wonder why they should care about a third of the story.

Can we have a new avatar already?

Kind of like how Andromeda would've been better received if the original Mass Effect trilogy didn't exist?

Would Korra fags please stop talking about how shit Korra was? We get it, big boobed inuit lady ruined everything, Byrke is a hack, Lesbianism is wrong, D E E P E S T L O R E was ruined, the comics suck, etc. etc. etc. Christ I don't think the SJ season 5 ending gets as many threads as fucking Korra. And it ended this year.

sure

I skipped ATLA and liked Kora

Bitching about it is the only solace I have in knowing the ATLA franchise is as good as dead.

Most people do like it, the few who don't are just very loud

it wouldn't exist

It wouldn't be nearly as hated as it is now. It probably would fall more along the lines of "Well, that was bad. What's next?" instead of "Holy Shit. This is terrible".

Then bitch to yourself. Stop shiting up the dumpster that is Sup Forums.
At least find something else to talk about.

>>>>>>Most people do like it

Who the fuck keeps making this thread?

We've gone over this a dozen times in the past week, why do you insist on doing it again?

These are both wrong as Korra and Andromeda we’re both shit in their own right, regardless of the quality of previous iterations.

>We're the majority i swear!

you know what, yeah.

Well yeah
All the normal people loved it when it was still airing

>It is literally impossible for a large group of people to like something I don't

I don't care how many people like lok, it's still bad.

Bryke pretty much raped & killed ATLA on-screen in the book II finale.

Korra's massive breasts.

The only good thing about Korra is it got my friend to watch the original ATLA as a lead-in. She ended up liking ATLA a lot more and said Korra wasn’t worth watching.

Huh? How so?

The point is that both their predecessors were so popular and set such a high level of expectation that the flaws were magnified and given a lot of attention.

>It is literally impossible for a large group of people to dislike something I like.

>Wasted Potential : The Series.
They had every chance to make something great but still managed to turn gold into lead.

No, but a series about Bolin running for President would be widely loved regardless.

You really wanted the last word that bad?

Just showing how empty your arguments are sweetie

Remember when Unavaatu smashed Raava over & over as we watched every single Avatar dissipate? That was fucking brutal. They took the one way Korra was connected to Aang & killed it. All those avatar gone just for one of the dumbest fights in history.

I watched it before seeing ATLA and loved it. I watched ATLA after finishing Korra and didn't like it at first because it was so much more childish with really obnoxious immature humor. As ATLA went on it got much better though and I agree it's better.

>more childish with really obnoxious immature humor

Bolin = best boy

i mean regardless of avatar's existence it was just kind of poorly written and didn't have fleshed out characters that you cared about. 4 fucking seasons and i couldn't tell you a thing about asami's personality besides kind of nice i guess? supportive? mako is stern? bolin is goofy, that's an easy one but there's not much else to him. the only character that gets development is korra and she's such a bitch for so long that you don't even care. the only character that i found really likable was varrick and he shows up in the worst season. the writing is full of internal inconsistencies and shit that's just out and out never fucking explained. like benders are supposed to be super oppressed but so many of the influential and wealthy characters we see, the satos, varrick the fucking president, are non benders. even zaheer was a non bender before his windaboo shit actually started mattering and he almost assassinated the avatar. then there's fucking jesus jinora who is an honest to god deus ex machina which is a term that gets thrown around incorrectly a lot lately but in this situation even the fucking writers didn't try explaining it. it's all just shit man, avatar or no avatar, it has nice action but that doesn't make it a nice action show.

Probably, yeah.

Instead of developing character they just added new ones.

No, everyone would have hated way more.

>not liking elemental jujutsu

also a fair point. avatar had a relatively small cast besides some one off characters who even then had more personality than anyone in korra so you got a chance to know them all a little better. season 1 had like, 5 or 6 primary characters i want to say. aang, katara, sokka, zuko, iroh and maybe zhao. but in season 1 of korra there's korra, mako, bolin, asami, lin, tenzin, amon, tarrlock, i'm probably forgetting some and that season was only like 12 episodes.

This is true. The cast expanded, but not organically. Asami was only in the cast by a chance accident. We only visited Su Bei Fong's family because Opal randomly became an airbender. Zaheer only had friends to make an element quartet. Oh, & let's not forget how Kuvira was supposedly & conviently raised by Su & rose to power because why not.

Absolutely not true.

Hiroshi Sato, the Lieutenant, the captain of the batwolves...

We're not even bothering with Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, Pema, Rohan, Pabbu, Naga, the chief of police, Yakone, Tarrlok's secretary, Katara, or the gymkeeper.

Yeah, they had way too many characters. Was Suyin's family really necessary?

Too many ideas too, like probending was a complete waste of time that could have been spent better elsewhere like developing characters or setting up the plot, which is why I feel the whole "they only had one season to work with" excuse to be kind of stupid.
One season is enough time to tell a good story but you needed to trim and drop shit instead of cramming everything in at once.

Then we had Unalaq, Korra's parents, Wan, Raava, Vaatu, Bumi, Varrick, Zhu Li, Kaya, Bolin's acting partner, Desna & Eska... it's basically more major characters than episodes.

It's being worked on.
fanfiction.net/s/12759749/1/President-Bolin

We really should have had the entire series be about Korra fighting against anti-bending sentiment & constant calls for revolution.

I seriously thought the first season finale was giving Korra the power to give & take away a person's bending, thus evolving her role into a decider. Should she restore the bending of that one wolfbat jerk? Should Korra bless all the air acolytes with airbending? Would Pema want to be an airbender?

I didn't know Jeph Jacques was the writer for this show.

Stop shilling your shitty fic, user.

This

But everyone loves Korra for her body

Take that meme back to 2009.