/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Eastern Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #5 (Wed 27)
Star Wars Adventures #5 (Wed 27)
The Last Jedi: Storms of Crait (Wed 27)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vPVcfnPb
youtube.com/watch?v=sCvxX0keJ08
strawpoll.me/14726312
strawpoll.me/14726313
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Baka gaijin

>>NANI!?.jpg

Bet you're all missing me now

Krennicposting was fun. The closest thing we have now is wide Kyloposting, but that's not as fun.

KURAE

BRAVO JJ

Is the actress who played Tallie even aware of what goes on here

Shit, I hope not.

omae wa mou shindeiru

No. Lets fix that.

See, that's my problem with Kyloposting, most of it isn't even from /swco/. It's funny, but it lacks that je ne sais quoi.

BUT

BUT

THOSE WOULDN'T BE PRACTICAL EFFECTS

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT TFA IS ALL ABOUT

PRACTICAL

EFFECTS

NO CG

EVER

I'm here for the new thread.

Let's not and just say we did

Rewatched A New Hope tonight.
Depressed as fuck at how JJ and Rian ruined the best character in the saga.
>MFW watching his enthuiasm and determination
>20 years later he contemplates murdering the son of his best friends and adandons them when the kid goes evil

Maul tried to use the exact same move that killed Qui-gon and Obi-wan countered it flawlessly

Don't sully her innocence.

This

>The murderous and evil Darth Vader can be saved!
>I have a hunch this kid has been interacting with a bad influence time to murder him

that was the true kino

PREQUALS HAD MODELS??

FUCK PREQUALS!

THIS IS FOR US NERDS!!

I watched TFA online. I will never watch TLJ even for free. Luke was my hero when I was a little kid. He was everything I wanted to be. I even combed my hair to look more like him.

You know what surprises me about ANH every time I rewatch it? Just how fucking good the Trench Run is. It's so fucking good. Every time I expect to be bored of it but it's so fucking good.

If tournamentanon doesn't show up within an hour, I'm taking over cause I'm getting bored

No, it has to be him. Don't sully the tournament I demand fair rules and jurisdiction.

Luke milking the sloth is legitimately great though. He doesn't want Rey in his single-guy apartment so he drinks straight from the teat and lets it dribble down his beard to show he doesn't give a shit.

It's not like it makes any difference. Making a strawpoll voting poll is really straightforward.

What's his endgame?

Besides Grievous, Anakin is the most tragic SW character of all time.

I guess so
I would just feel bad for tournamentanon because it's kind of his thing right now

pastebin.com/vPVcfnPb

Here is the first chapter of my Sabaphra fic. Note that there is no sex stuff in this chapter, but there will be in future chapters.

I hope to get the next chapter up soon. I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me.

Note: for some reason, Archive of Our Own URLs are blocked on Sup Forums by the spam filter. If you go to that site and search up "AliceBDS" you can find the story when I post updates.

Get Boyega to stop hugging him.

It was fucking Rey and I think it's still going to be fucking Rey.

>The murderous and evil Darth Vader can be saved!
>cuts his arm off and nearly kills him in anger
>senses kylos dark future and contemplates killing him
>doesn't lay a single finger on him all the way up to his death
Man Luke is a weird guy

>Grievous
>tragic
Even his EU backstory was too corny to be legitimately tragic

TRUE ENDGAME

But that's the best part.

He fought through the hard times of the Rebellion and pushed through, fighting anger fear and temptation and the Emperor himself, to do the impossible and save Vader.

It was his triumph that paved the way for his downfall. Nothing could defeat Luke Skywalker except victory itself, and that it did indeed.

He thought the training of the legendary Luke Skywalker alone could save Ben from Snoke. He was wrong. He thought keeping him hidden away in the academy could stop the darkness growing within him. He was wrong. He thought he could confront him and make him stop. He was wrong.

And he thought, for the briefest of instants, that he could do what seemed necessary to avert so much horror and bloodshed, and he was so wrong that he knew it even in that moment. The same temptation that he faced when fighting Vader, the temptation to give in JUST THIS ONCE and put an end to someone who would, in all likelihood, carry on to cause so much more suffering, came back to him, the temptation he defeated once to achieve his greatest feat.

And that momentary faltering, that second of human fallibility, was enough to undo the work of decades. How could it do anything but shatter him completely? His father fell to the dark side. His nephew now had done the same. Luke alone, of the Skywalker Jedi, had resisted -- but how close had he come? It must have felt like a family curse, confirmation once and for all that the Skywalkers exist not to save the galaxy, but to doom it.

This was the moment I knew Adam Driver was worthy of our respect. Despite his nose, he is truly one of us.

>If we're going by nuStarWars, have an old Boba Fett getting back into the job. Everyone thinks he's a joke, a has been. So he has to claw his way back to the top. And he never takes his helmet off.
Sounds like kino
I love it

Ok Sup Forums what was the worst thing the prequels added to canon? Most people say meme shit like midichlorians but those aren't even that bad. The absolute worst thing in the prequels is ninja flipping Yoda and Sheev. These masters of the force should be so above lightsabers. Yoda using a lightsaber goes directly against his character. And Sheev is an evil space wizard. Why would he use a jedi's weapon?

Daily reminder that anyone who says TFA was better than TLJ is legitimately retarded and should not be taken seriously

Based Adam

This is a pretty good review actually

youtube.com/watch?v=sCvxX0keJ08

Honestly, I'd let him take back over after that next round. I just want to move on already.

He was doing his best not to fight him for as long as he could. Only when his sister, the only remaining family he had, was threatened did he finally act. His anger overtook him and when he saw that Vader's wrist ended in electronic circuits and wires, much like his own, he stopped. He realized that he was on a path to servitude and darkness.

Not remotely close to murdering someone in their sleep because you have a hunch.

That's the idea. Only time he takes his helmet off is in shadow or at the very last minute when he turns away so you never see his face.

Even among people I know that don't like TLJ, I haven't heard that. I think everybody realizes it was better.

TFA is so boring on rewatches I fall asleep every time they get to Maz's place

I had no idea he was so based, so many actors wouldn't have the courage to do that in public for fear of backlash from SJWs. Driver gives no shits. Fucking BASED.

Watching the love of your life die. Seeing your people & family starve in poverty. And having your body forcibly infused into a cybernetic body. That's not tragic?

this

Didn't Grievous become a cyborg willingly?

>Not remotely close to murdering someone in their sleep because you have a hunch.
It's not a hunch. He actually stood over him and sensed the darkness, Snoke's influence, and saw the future. He saw everything and everyone he loved dead. The one thing that finally triggered him to attack Vader was the same thing that made him consider killing Ben- fear of losing something he loved. Ironically it's the same thing that drove Anakin to the dark side to begin with.

Even then he was smart enough to realize he was making the wrong choice.

As of TCW yes.

Before TCW came out, was correct. Grievous hated droids and wanted absolutely nothing to do with cybernetics. Dooku arranged a shuttle "accident" that resulted in Grievous being saved and cyborged. Since Dooku "saved his life", Grievous owed him a debt of honor.

That's the problem, it's just throwing tragic cliches onto a pile and going LOOK THIS IS SAD ISN'T IT SAD? without putting in the effort to actually build a core idea around him. Stuff happens just because the story says it does- the Jedi come in and start killing his people recklessly, Dooku and Sheev force him to become a cyborg because they absolutely need him to be their general and won't accept anyone else (for reasons the Pena story never actually makes clear), and then his brain gets tampered with just to explain why he acts like a completely different character.

It barely counts as a story. It's just a mess of story ideas thrown in a blender.

Yeah, the old backstory never sat well with me because it felt like it just needed everyone involved to be a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Be careful, the faggot MODS might banned you for 3 days for this.

Influence is the key. Not domination. Seeing the influence of a dark Force user would warrant discussion.

Remember that Yoda said that all of Luke's friends would die if he abandoned his training. A vision that everything and everyone he loved would die. He immediately went to help them. The Rebellion succeeded, his friends didn't die in some torture pit.

Yes I get it that Disney is a torture pit now but that wasn't what the writer/director was expected 30+ years ago.

I thought the old Grievous origin wasn't canon, even in Legends.

It's because it was written by a concept artist. Most of those stories had no real narrative thread.

>Could've had junk Vienna
>Instead we got not Tatooine

>He immediately went to help them. The Rebellion succeeded, his friends didn't die in some torture pit.
His arrival on Bespin actually didn't do shit to help them. That was the entire point- they rescued themselves without his help. All Luke ended up doing was getting his ass kicked, losing his hand, and getting traumatized by Vader's revelation. His friends ended up having to help him escape.

Luke's entire reason for being there was a trap. There is no doubt that they would have been executed had Luke not shown up. The entire movie was Vader's obsession of capturing Luke. The others were just bait at best.

HE DID DO ONE THING TO HELP THEM!

He delivered R2.

R2, who talked to the city's central computer and discovered that the Falcon's hyperdrive, while now repaired, had been deactivated.

R2, who was the only one who knew that the Falcon's hyperdrive, while fixed, needed to be hooked up and turned on before a jump would be possible.

R2, who did the necessary work and saved the day, because he was the only one who knew to do it.

Luke Skywalker: Droid Chauffeur.

>I thought the old Grievous origin wasn't canon, even in Legends.
Technically it was, but there's different versions of it. The very beginning of it was published in an Insider issue. Parts of it were alluded to in Labyrinth of Evil, and then there's Eyes of Revolution from the Visionaries comic. That last one was explicitly non-canon and included weird elements that made no sense, like Grievous getting a blood transfusion from Sifo-Dyas for no reason.

When asked about the canonicity of Visionaries, Leland Chee said it was largely non-canon with "elements of canon." The Wook took this to mean that individual stories were fully canon and started treating Eyes of Revolution as fully canon. In context it sounds like what Chee meant was that the book had individual aspects that lined up with canon but none of it should be taken as absolute canon, but the Wook misinterpreted it.

I just don't get it. Junk Vienna is so much better of a setting, it even reinforces Rey's scavenger roots visually. Why did JJ not use that?

When you have perfect concept art you fucking use it

>Influence is the key. Not domination. Seeing the influence of a dark Force user would warrant discussion.
I think Luke would've tried this had things not gone wrong. He did come to the worst conclusion and briefly thought of the worst course of action, but stopped himself. To me that implies that he was willing to take a more measured approach, but since his moment of weakness came at the worst possible time he never got the chance.

To be fair, R2 is basically droid jesus and the single most important character in Star Wars aside from Anakin

how to end this nightmare?

Sequel Trilogy suffers from a lack of 3PO and R2

>but BB-8 replaces them
That's not true. 3PO and R2 are the muse characters, the chorus, they are supposed to be present throughout all events. Normies haven't caught on yet but this is why something feels off.

BB8 is fucking retarded and he doesnt have another droid to work off of

>houses on the left made of TIE pods
>gondola man has stormtrooper helmet decorations
nice

Yeah, the book was just an excuse for Lucas' artists to write what they wanted and draw cool shit. Shame about Old Wounds though, that was the one legit 10/10 story there.

Which still goes against his character. Luke only wanted to fight Vader because he was lied to. His dad was murdered by the main man of the Empire. After he learned the truth he was much more lenient. He learned that his father was seduced by the Dark Side and thus could be saved.

For like 95% of their final duel he refused to fight. He wasn't chomping at the bit to go fight him. Even Yoda had a hard time convincing him to go kill his father.

>that blatant vote rigging on Mothma vs Tallie
How should I deal with this /swco/?

>Thor 3 ends up taking this in the end

>another Disney property
Not that surprising

>still crying about this
>both sides still stuffing the ballots
Jesus H.

Thor 3 was pretty fucking good and I don't care what anyone else says

Maybe your literally who doesn't matter after all.

And then Vader got him to snap by putting the fear of losing the person he cared most about and felt most protective about. At that point he lost it.

Imagine if instead of screaming "NEVER!" and wailing on Vader, he took out his lightsaber but then thought "no, wait. I shouldn't be doing this." That's basically what happened with Ben.

Oh well.

No fuck you, don't count it. Why the fuck are you letting blatant ballot stuffing pass? What the literal fuck is wrong with you?

OK well Ahsoka wins this round we can just move on

Whelp, it was fun while it lasted.

I demand a recount on Tallie vs Mothma

Who cares, it's just a waifu tournament in a chinese pottery discussion board.

>First up It's Senator Chuchi against Minister Tua
strawpoll.me/14726312
>Next up we have Mango redhead Bo Katan take on Rose
strawpoll.me/14726313

>realizes there's blatant rigging
>accepts it
I hope you get run over tomorrow

And like I mentioned in previous posts that's not even close to being the same thing. Vader was trying to kill Luke, the Emperor was trying to convert him. His friends were apparently dead and the Rebel fleet was burning in space. He finally snapped when his sister was threatened.

Now he's just burning his bridges when there may or may not be a threat against somebody.

I still can't believe Rose won, that's so fucking funny.

I want a fanfiction of this now. What would happen if Obi Wan would have saved Anakin from burning? Could him, Padme, and Ahsoka save him.

NO, YOU ARE NOT JUST MOVING ON
THE POLL WAS RIGGED
YOU WILL CORRECT THIS

That bannock faced bitch?

I'm part of the losing team and I'm fine with it, chill out, guys.

I'm afraid this is probably the end of the road for her

>Now he's just burning his bridges when there may or may not be a threat against somebody.
This only works if you consider Luke to have wanted to follow through. He didn't. He immediately recognized he had made the wrong choice and regretted it.

Counting it because at least the character who lead by 8 or so points after ~16 votes won. (That is the last time I checked anyway.)

I think we can just give Tua this entire bracket and move on. Voting is a formality.

>This only works if you consider Luke to have wanted to follow through. He didn't
He literally did. You're an idiot.

t. Tallie vote rigger