Why do people treat this show like it's the Bible?

Even at its best it was a vehicle to sell ad place and worthless merchandise and toys.

90's Simpsons perfected rapidfire comedy.

Eh, it has a mass appeal there is no denying that, I personally never got it. My sister is one of those people obsessed with the Simpsons and I don't get it, it never made me laugh

You can make a thread with this OP and literally any show and get guaranteed replies

The show changed TV. If you now think "Why? they are justt like any other comedy show"

Exactly!

Was it strange to find them oddly attractive?

I get you mean but there are thousands of blogs discussing every episode and studying the show more than certified pastors and priests study the Bible itself.

It's alright

Nostalgia. I used to LOVE this show when it came out, but the family crazy of the late 1980s was the biggest reason for this show's success, and once you got over the quirky yellow faces there really wasn't much substance to this show. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be a funny or serious show, so the serious episodes felt out of place and the funny episodes made it hard to take the rest seriously. If they had just made it a live action series instead of a cartoon, it would have held up a lot better

What? NOOO! The balance between humour and drama was nearly perfect in the show!

I hope a couple anons learned how generic their criticism of popular shows are from the recent endeavor. All anons who picked it up are based.

Whatta you mean it's alright?

I still don't understand why though. It is hugely popular, so I believe it must be for some reason, but I never found it funny nor did I ever find it a show with any kind of interesting world worth getting sucked into like say many action or fantasy shows

The last bible thread, rip.

All other threads were in response to this one.
Who`s your favorite bible thread character? Mine is a tie between Nostalgia and Oddly Attractive

You need an adblock

In its golden era, nothing could touch The Simpsons. Now that it has gotten so bad it’s hard to appreciate and respect how great it once was. It definitely was a game changer. Most of those older episodes still hold up today, but now when you look at how many average or below average episodes there are now compared to great episodes it’s understandable to understand why a lot of people don’t see what’s so great about this show or understand how it’s still ongoing today. It’s ongoing because of how good it once was. Yes, the new episodes are like watching a multi collision car accident, but this show at one point, was a animated juggernaut.

Every time i see this type of criticisms i just see a bunch of fags trying to simplify the concept of comedy and writing to caveman levels

Simpsons was the first successful counter culture show in TV, at a time where even mainstream adult entertainment was playing it safe, and where edgy was just niche comic magazines market with shock humor and no message. The simpsons made dark humor a parody like no ever did, instead of being crude and obvious, it had nods and double meaning like someone today would say: "burns!" and instead of being just a vehicle with an obvious target, it was still preject as a show on its own, with characters with personality that when interacting with each other, made well written plots with nods to modern society with perfect timing, the simpsons ivented "timing"

Simpsons was the first real family show, as everyone in the family despise age could say that they REALLY enjoyed watching, it had several forms of appeal for several different audiences all in perfect balance. This is why it is the single most successful entertainer show ever made. You can go any place on earth and say a simpson quote, and everyone will recognize it. So yeas, when it comes to TV, this IS the bible

>If they had just made it a live action series instead of a cartoon, it would have held up a lot better
I think the opposite.

Bible threads are amazing because of the rapid generation of copypasta and how reject mongoloids respond to them unironically

Even at its best it was a vehicle to sell ad place and worthless merchandise and toys.

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over 50, and if its speed dropped...the bus would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down".

Good God no.
Live action Simpsons would just be a forgettable slog like King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond.
People would only remember Seinfeld as the peak of 90's TV comedy

On the DVD commentary for The Way We Was, James L. Brooks talks of how "we'd never be able to do this on a live action sitcom".

oh wow you're so cool and unique

Its a copypasta.

charge that fucking thing holy shit

Haha, wow, you got it figured out. Corporate shills, am I right? The media is run by the jews, haha. All these sheeple think artists make art for them, instead of lining their own pockets, haha. This is the kind of deep insight you only get on websites that value Freedom and Truth, right fellow anarchist? Seeing all the normies swallow the bullshit that network television feeds them, baka. If only everyone could be enlightened like us, right? Hahaha

It wasn't meant to sell toys and shit, Matt is too autistic for that.
Life in Hell is comickino btw

This, but non-ironically.

It came out at the right time and had some amazingly good writers. Also Sam Simon got Fox to give them total creative freedom as long as they were on time, on budget, and complied with the network's content guidelines.

Huge cast of characters
Memorable lines/quotes
Appealed to people of all ages
Had both drama and wacky plots
Cute, appealing art style
Characters were three dimensional and you actually cared about/could relate to them
Also had one of the first, if not the first significant Internet fandom of any cartoon