When and what was Sup Forums's intro to comic books

I know it's mostly r*dditors and
fags that constanly call others out for being casuals or newfags. But ya'll act like you're supposed to have been reading comics since Kirby started working with Ditko and never stopped since.
For me I started caring about the cape genre when the First Raimii Spider-Man came out. Then I started reading highly regarded comics, like DKR, Crises on Infinite Earths, and Secret Wars. I read pic related and had the DCU down (until Nu52).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tR6ihyqWTGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Marvel's Ultimate line. I bought Ultimate Spider-Man, F4 & X-Men regularly as they came out, plus whatever miniseries I could find. I got the Ultimates stuff in trades. They were the only things being published here, really. Then that LCS stopped carrying them, so I started buying random trades, GNs and OGNs from the local bookstore. Then I discovered torrenting and just started downloading whatever tickled my fancy. The last 4 years I've had a pull-list from an LCS in the capital, and I get a monthly subscription.

Uncle gave me his collection when I was like 10.
It had some pretty neat stuff in there, Death of Superman (with that plastic cover even), Ghost Rider #1, Spawn #1, Batman Vs. Predator, some of McFarlane's run of Spiderman just to name a few.

>age 10
>McFarlane and Spawn
Based Uncle
How do you do this? Read out of order i mean. I didn't read from the beginning as it happened like OP suggests but my first comic was Web of Spiderman #17 and I ended up going back to Amazing Fantasy #15, essential Spiderman, and when I got the Spiderman 2 disc set I read the synopsis on the special features. I eventually gave up when I learned it was all unrelated. Never finished Ben Reilly arc.

I was big into the MCU and watches pretty much all the superhero movies out at the time (2015). Then after I watched all the movies I watched like all the superhero cartoons there are from the 90s to the present. Once that was exhausted I was like well I might as well read comics

Basically, around 1991. I remember, even that young, then-current X-Men/X-Force/Spider-Man stuff. Then, I got my uncle's remaining collection of early 70s stuff, which had a lot of Weird War Tales, an issue of Strange Adventures (leading to my love of Carmine Infantino's art, weird pulpy sci-fi stories, and Adam Strange), an issue of Kamandi, and a worn copy of Amazing Spider-Man Annual #8, just for starters.

i still have the first comic i ever owned it was a gift from my father

>How do you do this? Read out of order i mean.
These days I just pick a run I find interesting and roll with it. The only character I'm reading chronologically is Iron Man because he's my fave and I'm doing a marathon from ToS. For everything else, just pick what you fancy and enjoy it. Wikias are good for filling in the blanks.

Spider-Man Tas as a kid in the 90s and to a slightly lesser extent Batman/Superman Tas.
youtube.com/watch?v=tR6ihyqWTGo

Never really read the comics as a kid beyond a handful of Godzilla issues.

Started buying issues full on in 2008, stuck strictly to Marvel until 2011 when the New 52 started, stopped buying issues last year when my Hastings closed. Forced to the read them online only for now beyond periodically getting a graphic novel of a series I can't find online.

My first capeshit story (also the first one published in my country), I was 6 when this thing hit the shelves (it was 1990) and my dad bought it for a train trip at the last minute.
(i was already a bit familiar with euro comics)
I basically learned to read with comics, but the pisspoor translations were confusing for a child.
But my first exposure was a stellar creative team.
(and the second issue was Nothing can stop the Juggernaut)
The other titles offered were the Punisher, Batman and Superman and i was reading them all.

I don't read any current ongoings.

Spawn #1 and Maximum Carnage

My dad was really into comics and he saw that I really liked watching BTAS, and one day he handed me Kingdom Come to read. Then he gave me Marvels, and then Watchmen, and the rest is history. I started devoring his collection and adding my own purchases to it. Now im introducing him to stuff he hasn’t ever read before, and just recently he started picking up floppies again to read the “important” DC stuff im reading (Doomsday Clock, the Jack Kirby one shots) so that we can talk about it together.

I read this with a flashlight almost every night when my family didn't have electricity for a while.

>The Batman
oh. You poor thing

I started couple of years ago with WW Gods of Gotham.
Have no idea how I even got it and only thing I have of part 1 left is the cover.

Archie's TMNT series. I have a bunch of Spider Man (mostly Amazing I think?) from the 90's sitting in a footlocker at my mom's house.

All those cartoons in the 90s were my shit, loved every bit of it and watched as much as I could.

I didn't start regularly following comic books until Nu52, but I started with some basic stuff while in high school, Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Long Halloween, lot of big Batman stories.

Then I branched off into Superman, then went for Godzilla and TMNT and now I have two pretty packed shelves of books.

I've just always had them. My mom was into comics when she was young so even before I could read she bought me and my brother comics to just look at and enjoy. But I would say the thing that cemented me into the fandom wasn't even comics, it was the older collector's card series. Marvel Universe Series III, specifically. By about the time those were coming out I was choosing my own titles to purchase and the cards helped to formulate who I was interested in.

victor zsasz issue of Knightfall. I picked it off the rack myself at 4. Scary stuff.

I basically held hostage "the Guide to Wolverine" from the library. I learned a bunch but I've never read a Wolverine or Xmen book.

I think the first real comic I got into was the sonic archie series. My mom let me pick out a comic for a long car ride at the supermarket(back when you could buy comics there) when I was a little kid(Believe it was the issue where sonic "dies"). I only ever read two issues because they stopped carying it or something at the local store where i'd bought it.

Later on when I was in middle school I'd read comics from my local library. Lotta starwars stuff like crimson empire and knights of the old republic(the origial one with exar kun and shit).

about five years ago I saw that they were making graphic novel adaptations of the dark tower series by steven king and I actually bought a bunch of those. During this time I also read V for vendetta and watchmen which I borrowed from people I knew.

For the most part is was just a passing interest and it wasn't until relatively recently (last few years or so) that I started really getting interested in comics. I got into webcomics posted on Sup Forums like poppy or endtown. Caught a few storytimes of stuff like hellboy which would lead to purchases here and there. Recently just ordered a comic adaptation of "the rind of nibelungen" and some Mr. A comics by ditko.

2013. I had some Spider-Man comics and I've always liked DC, so I thought it was finally time I started to get a little more into it.

>the supermarket(back when you could buy comics there)
D-do they not do that anymore?

Raimi Spider-Man as well. First comic was a reprint series of the first 11 Amazing Spider-Man books but for whatever reason they were split in two for the most part? Like, the Sandman comic had two parts? It was weird as shit when I began my Spider-Man 616 marathon getting to 12 when in the first series 11 was numbered as 26, to say the least

I watched a plethora of cape shows throughout my childhood like X-Men Evolution, Batman TAS and 94' Spider-Man but it was Batman: The Brave and The Bold that really got me into reading comics, specifically DC. BATB made me the DC comics fag I am today and it was my introduction to a lot of characters like Green Arrow and Blue Beetle.

I sued to watch the 90s Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four cartoons every Saturday morning. One Saturday I had to go the flea market with my folks and there was a guy selling 80s and 90s of X-Men comics. The first comic I'd read was a What If? where Legion killed Magneto.

Robin III #1

My dad collected since the 80s. He mostly had X-men type books. Read the 3 issues of New Warriors he had and instantly wanted to buy more of it. Then I got into the cosmic stuff around Realm of Kings cuz I saw Nova. DC I bought Identity Crisis and kind of just read whatever, mostly Superman stuff.

Starting when I was around 8 my dad would take me to a comic book store and let me pick out those big marvel essentials. I read spider from the beginning up to the early 80s, and Claremont’s X-men to a little past the morlock massacre, then bits and pieces of FF, Avengers, silver surfer.

From there I branched out into the newer stuff, I think I jumped on around house of M

The original Marvel Transformers comic. I got the first issue from a drug store spinner rack in 84

My dad has a god-tier collection of single issues and trades. Went through a lot (but not all) of them intermittently from the ages of 8 to 19.

> Cheetah as Diana's rival
> Not Giganta or Circe
Well, I can forgive since Supes' fighting Bizarro, not armored Luthor.

I'd been interested in DC for as long as I can remember with the DCAU but I never thought of getting into the comics, they didn't seem all that interesting. I went to get a volume of Blue exorcist for my brother's birthday and I was recommended I try Forbidden Planet, that's where I picked up my first comics and I've been reading since

Started out watching all the cartoons and TV reruns.
First comic was Marvel's Star Wars.
Later dropped it in favor of Hama's GI Joe.
Got into capes in my teens around the time of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I read little bits and pieces of runs as a kid but we were kinda poor so nothing too deep.
As an adult I started with Rick Remenders Venom run.
Now my two favorites are Love and Rockets and Megg Mogg and Owl.

Oh god man me too. And the other ones, there was an X-Men and a Hulk one.
Also a Batman one and a Superman one.