Post a Sup Forums character and what Hogwarts House they would most likely be suited in

Post a Sup Forums character and what Hogwarts House they would most likely be suited in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2h38pfiaoMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yellow Lantern Corps

X-Men Gold

Grizz: Gryffindor
Panda: Hufflepuff
Ice Bear: Slytherin

A dull topic for one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.
Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Never thought I'd see a /lit/ copypasta here.

So our choices are a house of Winners, Racists, and literally who fucking cares? Nice to know Hogwarts is not only great at ignoring safety measures, but segregation as well

I recall a version with Atlas Shrugged on it. But I for the life of me can't get through it. Its like a chore for whatever reason to me

Gryffindor may be a House of Winners but they also have the highest rate of deaths in the alumni of any other house.

"Objectivism's" bullshit is grating on your nerves. I understand.

Uh you got Ravenclaw they're the smart guys

This doesnt work on Sup Forums

It might just be that I don't give a fuck about the steel/railway industry. I cannot say

>tfw no shy slytherin gf

She'd be Ravenclaw. She lacks ambition. She just wants to be normal.

But the entire Incredible family's arc in the movie was about bravery, they would all be Gryffindors.

Luna was pretty brave and she was a Ravenclaw and Pettigrew was rather not brave and he was a Gryffindor. Not everyone in a house is 100% the thing that house is looking for. But Violet is pretty brainy and brave, but she doesn't seem to aspire to greatness and though she's more than willing to be brave, I think she's rather just be a normal high schooler. There is a case to be made for all of them being Lions though.

Might as well contribute to OP's thread since nobody seems to want to stay on topic.

Anyway, Pic Related is tough. Hufflepuff is obviously a non-contender, so we're dealing with Slytherin, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Sure, Tony's real fucking smart, but he's not like Reed or Pym where the discovery/science itself is all that it's about for him. He uses it as a tool and enjoys tinkering, but he's not a guy whose goal in life is to learn anything. So Ravenclaw's out as well. And here's the hard part.

Classic Tony would be a Gryffindor, no doubt. He even has the colors. He fancies himself a modern Knight even, so it's exactly up his alley. On the other hand, he's done some bad shit since the mid-2ks, and you cannot erase all that. They happened, and he did them. Not to mention that he always was a cunning and sly guy, just not malicious. And hell, ambition to bring forth his vision in the world is what he's all about.

To sum up, I'd say as a Super-Hero, as Iron Man the Modern Knight, he's a Gryffindor, but as Tony Stark, the guy trying to change the world according to his views, he's a Slytherin.

No one wants to stay on topic because no one here gives a shit about a kids book series that ended 10 years ago.

slytherin

>He says on Sup Forums where people can't stop talking about how great cartoons from 10+ years ago were compared to now

Yeah, but those are 10 year old Cartoons, not books.

Ah yes, the intellect's form of entertainment: cartoons.

Never suggested it was smarter/better. This is the Cartoon & Comics board, if it's not a cartoon or a comic, people tend to not give any shits about it. On the other hand, how I would love to have a Harry Potter Cartoon.

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Both would be in Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw is the house for smart people or autists so I could see it

Ravenclaw. Best house.

Based dullest franchise poster.

Booster would be a muggle-born Slytherin and Ted would be a Ravenclaw who everyone underestimates on account of his goofing around. Even in separate houses, they give the legacy of the Weasly twins a run for its money.

The Batfam would be all over the place. Bruce would come from an old Slytherin family. He (and later Damian) carry on this tradition. Dick would be a Cedric Diggory-esque Hufflepuff, Jason would be a Gryffindor, and Tim a Ravenclaw. Barbara would also be a Ravenclaw, with Steph in Gryffindor and Cass in Hufflepuff.

It's easy to assume that Superman would be Gryffindor, but let's face it, Clark is a poster boy for Hufflepuff values.

Yes.

>Hogwarts has been around for centuries and has had many generations of Alumni

Everyone dies user, regardless of House

She was good Hufflepuff girl, until some greedy fucks from Slytherin messed with her plants.

John: Hufflepuff
Rose: Slytherin
Dave: Gryffindor
Jade: Ravenclaw

Constantine would be sorted into Slytherin the second the Sorting Hat touched his head.

Actually never mind what house he's in, I want to see the beautiful disaster that would be Constantine teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Can't be worse than most teachers in that school.

One would be... the other has Hufflepuff written all over her

Am I crazy for thinking Zaheer would be a Hufflepuff

Harry Potter is a terrible series

>The Great Gatsby
I preferred the NES adaptation

youtube.com/watch?v=2h38pfiaoMo

The wizarding world is completely retarded and fucked up, the setting would be better off if some comicbook scientist invented a device that drained all magic from the world with the flick of a switch.
Seriously, when they are selling potions of date rape openly to kids in joke shops there's something wrong with that society.

Oh great, you contained two cancerous shitpiles into something even more rank. The only way that post could have been worse is if you had done it for the trolls.

Who's the worst writer and setting developer, Rowling or Hussie?

>muggle-born Slytherin
he's getting his ass kicked

>a book series aimed at children is childish
color me shocked

Being aimed at children doesn't excuse it from being terrible because the writer is bad.

Chloe: Ravenclaw

>Attention whore that means well
>Is a prick who think he's better then everybody just cause
>God/Universe seemingly like him
Gryffindor
Fuck you, Brave New World is the shit.

Gryffindor:
>Bravery, Nerve, Chivalry, Courage and Daring.

Slytherin:
>Resourcefulness, Cunning, Ambition, Determination, Self-Preservation, Fraternity and Cleverness.

Ravenclaw:
>Intelligence, Wit, Wisdom, Creativity, Originality, Individuality and Acceptance.

Hufflepuff:
>Dedication, Hard Work, Fair play, Patience, Kindness, Tolerance, Unafraid of toil and Loyalty.

Gryffindor
>Main characters
Slyterhin
>Bad guys/Wizard Nazi's
Ravenclaw
>Nerds and I'M SO QUIRKY XD
Hufflepuff
>Everyone else

FIFY

Is it true in the final battle not a single kid from Slytherin house helped out? They all just ran away while everyone else fought the baddies.

Not completely true. All of them did leave before the battle started, but some came back to help Dumbledore’s army and Slughorn.

>Main Characters
Too right, and how Gryffindor would keep winning the cup because the corrupt senile faggot up top would just flip things in their favor at the last second.

I think Rowling made a single sentence mention that SOME stayed to help.

But yeah, throughout the whole franchise they are just the bad guys and all information about them is to confirm that fact. The guy that created the house was a Wizard Nazi that hid a snake demon in the school so it could one day do his Wizard Nazi plans.

>NOT ALL SLYTHERINS!1!1

Well usually Harry Potter and his gang saved the school, and if that doesn't deserve a shit ton of points than idk what does. Also I think Dumbledore did favor Harry because he knew the shit he's gone through / will go through so might as well make him a bit happier by winning the inconsequential House Cup.

He doesn't usually favor the Gryffindor, iirc Slytherin has won every year for like 6 years straight before the series.

Dumbledore is partly behind the shit harry went through, because lolmagic

This copypasta is more entertaining than this 14-year-old tier thread.