Arin Hanson actually talks about animation

Arin Hanson actually talks about animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=CFPkzhjlUYg&t=0s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-CHahTFBSM
youtube.com/watch?v=bZprXvrwZUU
youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3HP36FrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually pretty interesting.

bump, I actually enjoyed this hopefully he might make some more like this one if this one does well enough.

I think he said tomorrow's video is going to be another one of these.

>shilling for a youtuber gamer channel
>on Sup Forums

Arin is not an animator, he don't animate anything for 4 years and claim that will never animate again, also game grumps is cancer and their content is even poorer than fucking pewdiepie

>this post
>the entire video is literally nothing except the animation process

lmao

retard

>Arin Hanson actually talks about animation.

How long has it been since he drew something? Anything?

Possibly since his last appearance on Doodle Doods.
Though then again, I don't know what his personal life is like. He may doodle shit in his spare time for all I know.

>tfw we'll never get to see chris draw anything on doodle doods

*again

Still hurts.

Yeah but I really wish that he actually touches base again with his shit that he used to do. He was actually component with his work and I think he knew that. Shame he didn't make more Sequalitis, I just felt annoyed about Game Grumps like you can fucking make this shit but you can't just put in some work with some animation?

Youtube changed it's algorithms so shit like Game Grumps is what pays the bills.

It's not really a viable option.

Yeah, this has been the case for a long time now.

People give Arin a lot of shit for not animating anymore, but a lot of others like Stamper and Oney haven't animated in just as long, if not longer.

I like some of Chris's letsplays, but in addition to his animation, I really miss his musical composition too.

I have no idea what Stamper's up to, but I hope he's doing well.

>I really miss his musical composition too.
I think he may still be doing music for other people.

DEFEATED NOW, BITCH?

he's doing music for nightmare cops
he's also experimenting with 3D stuff

He posted a sketch on twitter a month or two ago

the hivemind opinions are always full of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance

neat. Hope he makes more.

better question
how long has it been since he animated anything?

only thing I can think of is that Rocko's Modern Life contest thing from nearly 3 years ago that was just put on twitter

he quit long before that shit happened

stamper's gone to do more work as a producer with Tom Fulp, iirc

Stampers twitter is amazing 24/7

Ok, now that i've watched this, I now seriously don't believe those fucking guys who say he just wanted to do little animations just to put his voice in cartoons, dude had some what of a passion to make these things

Is there an actual reason why?

>Shame he didn't make more Sequalitis

He might've blew his chances with that. At first people thought he might have some impressive indepth knowledge about video games, but then people start noticing how bad he can be at playing and how he blames it on the game instead of improving from his own mistakes. He also has a strong sense of favorism that puts games in a unreasonable positive light and a negative ego against titles he hates and tries to force them in a unreasonable negative light. Really affected how a lot of people viewed his reviews and junk.

He's been improving recently and gaining a better mindset though, so maybe that'll change in the future. the guy is a lovable dude and wish him the best.

His Megaman X video was very basic even if it was well made, it wasn't until GG and future videos where people realized he had no idea what he was talking about.
He basically read a single book from a single author on game design and now thinks he's an authority.
Not to say he shouldn't be allowed to talk about design or anything like that, there's no qualifications for that kind of thing.
But he has less of a grasp of game design than most of his audience and as you've touched on he will just use framing to validate his own opinions on titles rather than doing real analysis or god forbid challenge his own tastes.

I think he just wears his grump persona on his sleeve too much. Any time its a solo video or a behind the scenes type thing he's like a totally different person.

This. His Megaman X video sounded well informed, but then he showed how fucking hyperbolic he is and railed on a lot of so called "bad decisions" that in a lot of cases just boiled down to "I don't like reading."

Chris said he can't really spend time over at the GG office anymore due to where he's living and Ross said their tablet setup kept messing up.

>Ross said their tablet setup kept messing up.
Which is kind of backed up by previous videos. They seemed to have an issue every single time.

He wasn't getting paid for it, and he had to take an Uber over every time, so it just wasn't worth it

They were fucking sponsored. Why didn't they just pay Chris?

>he HAD to take an Uber
god forbid the precious little boy doesn't drive himself or get public transport

I was amped to get a portable Cintiq before watching Doodle Doods

Chris is a precious boy.
A precious boy without a driver's license.

wtf I wouldn't help my friend's channel out for free if I knew the video was going to make them hundreds/thousands of dollars. I find it hard to believe he wasn't compensated

>a GG fan calling someone else a retard

Oh the irony.

they never paid any of those animators that animated that entire grump episode

>paying volunteers
Speaking of though, what happens with the Game Grump Animateds they host on their channel? Obviously they do it to give the animator exposure but they also get a slice of the profits slid their way too, yeah?

Arin makes me want to pull out flash 8 again even though i suck so badly at it

>Arin sucks his own dick over his shitty old flash animation for nearly 40 straight minutes

I liked Metal Gear Awesome 1 and 2 when I was a teenager. As an adult I'd rather watch a breakdown from someone competent in their field.

youtube.com/watch?v=9-CHahTFBSM

youtube.com/watch?v=bZprXvrwZUU

why the fuck does this guy matter when it comes to animation?

i'll be perfectly honest when I say that i've gone through pretty much his entire animation library & I wasn't impressed with anything. nothing is really impressive on a technical level, nothing's really all that funny or insightful, I guess the colors are pretty, but by that logic Steven Universe is on par with something like Arabian Knight, which it isn't

yeah

sauce?

my ass

c'mon use common sense you'd think they'd have to take some kind of a cut

I hear GG pays like shit for pretty much anything, if they do pay. I know a few artists that contributed work to them before for merch or games or some shit that have complained about getting way underpaid for their work.

you say that, but no one on that animated episode got paid. hilariously, many of them were better than ross or arin

whatever happened to psychicpebbles?
did he just completely lose his mind when the unfinished hellbenders episode got leaked

Get Out Of My Car Now is really fucking good

Let's face it, the only reason he doesn't do them any more is the backlash from the zelda one.

i dont even remember what he had to say about them, what got people mad?

I view arin and same way I view jazza as far as artist go.

He's good,but not pro levels by any means.

who cares. They are all adults and know how to charge for the work they do. Chances are they wanted the exposure it brought OR were doing jack shit and needed the money, so they took the lower offer.

Artists that take gigs and cry about the money they agreed to later are the biggest idiots.

He questioned why their was so much "waiting" in ocarina of time.

Which I always thought was funny was I figured with all his complaints about not just being able to jump right into the game, he would love dark souls. Not long after that, he proved me right.

He was early in the newgrounds flash era and at the time was one of the better animators but he stopped animating when let's plays paid better

>tfw he never topped metal gear awesome

not really, but even if it was, he didn't create it. he just animated it

if that's the case, why is he so popular?
that was shit

>Tears into the game over incredibly minor nitpicks or problems that arise entirely from his own incompetence or laziness (such as his lack of spacial awareness causing him to take unnecessary damage or dragging battles out forever because he insists on using nothing but the sword)
>Has a massive fanbase that began parroting his shit opinions, and who deflect any criticism as the crying of salty OoT fanboys
>Spends a chunk of the video shitting on Skyward Sword, then later admitted he didn't even get to the second dungeon in that game
>Playing OoT on Game Grumps years later showed everybody that he had absolutely no ground to stand on because he sucks dick at the game
youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3HP36FrM
Watch this if you have the time, it says more than words ever could.

>why is he so popular

you could ask this of a shit load of youtubers and celebs, and the answer is nobody knows

This fucking blows, Doodle Doods is the crown jewel of the modern Grumps channel.

I really hope they figure out a workaround, maybe doing it over Discord or something. It's kinda hard to believe that with how much cash GG is raking in, they couldn't get a working tablet setup and just get someone to go fetch Chris each time they wanted to record.

Or hell, just do a bunch of em over the course of a weekend and put out one every two weeks or so.

It's more that chris doesn't have the time any more.

it has to just be extreme laziness that they cant do that
they make enough money without it so they dont care, even though people loved it

>Doodle Doods is sponsored by Crunchyroll and VRV
>It's also anti-sponsored by Cintiq, fuck you Cintiq

>that time where the cop comes in to his house and he was drunk as fuck.

I'm surprised he didn't get his face kicked in to be honest. Did he ever say why the police came?

Oney is so fucking good at drawing gross shit.
He's like if H.R. Giger was a visual shitposter, it's honestly incredible how quickly he can fart out junk with all those little details and amazingly fucked up anatomy, all on the fly.

I just want more Schmucks.
Zach is fucking entertaining and if there's one person who shouldn't be stagnating on Twitter, it's him. I'm glad to see he's still animating, though.

Did anything ever come of Justin Roiland taking him under his wing?

>I just want more Schmucks.

Didn't he say in the first ep that it was gonna be weekly, even if it was just him alone without any guests? kek

See this I could buy.
OneyPlays has a fucking RIDICULOUS output for such a small operation. You look at something like Game Grumps or Super Best Friends Play and they put out like two 30-60 minute videos of unedited footage each day, but then you've got Oney and the gang putting out two videos with TONS of editing and music and visual flair, all boiled down to the best bits, every single day.

It's honestly kinda incredible how efficient they are, I wouldn't mind them having a designated "off" day(s) to ensure they can stay on top of themselves.

But whatever works, I guess.

It's a shame too, because Sleepycast is seriously my favorite podcast ever.
I'll go back and listen to old episodes of that for literally any occasion.

Then you get Schmucks, which scratches that itch PERFECTLY, you get Jontron dishing all the insider shit about how Starcade was secretly sponsored by Disney all along, and then it's just fucking nothing.

Zach seems like he'd even be able to pull off that Bill Burr style "talk for 50 minutes about whatever's in the news or whatever" kinda bullshit podcast too, so I wonder why it dried up so quickly.

>insider shit about how Starcade was secretly sponsored by Disney all along

What a revelation.

Has jontron ever said why he left gamegrumps? I used to watch when he was on it, then he just left and I could never find an answer but just hints of drama I guess?

Are Zach and Nikki still going out? As much as I still question what exactly she sees in him they still seemed like an oddly cute couple.

I mean people suspected, but considering the series featured a gag where he's in full SS regalia, it's a little surprising that it's a licensed Disney production.

No. The few things he hinted at though, and from what others who know them have said that it was pretty much Suzi's fault along with Erin being generally a spinless cuck about the entire situation about it.

hasnt suzi done a lot of weird shady stuff? i heard something about her scamming people by selling shit makeup or jewellery for a high price, or something like that

Official word is that he just got bored with it and wanted to go back to doing Jontron, which is understandable.
"Video games became like a job" seems to be a common cause of Let's Players calling it quits or shifting to other things. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some drama, probably to do with money.

The finale of Starcade at least showed that whatever drama happened was in the past; Ross and Danny and Holly and all them were openly still friends with Jon, but Arin was the only one who would get weird about it whenever it was brought up.

And then there was that rumor that they all totally wrote him off after that Destiny stream, but then that was presented with exactly no evidence or anything, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were still all friendly with Jon, but they're all busy and on different coasts, so it's not exactly gonna be as tight-knit as the current GG/OneyPlays/Supermega trifecta they got going on now.

Yeah, apparently she had an Etsy where she sold basically craft fair tier costume jewelery for hundreds of dollars.

Really isn't that surprising that they kinda quietly shifted her off to her own channel rather than trying to force the Game Grumps audience to like her.

Literally the only youtuber I watch is northernlion.

Dude seems like he would be incredibly fun to hang out with.

Yes. She was buy shitty jewelry off etsy, "modifying it" and then reselling it for like, hundreds of bucks more. Of course when called out she blamed it all on gamer gate.

>quietly

Bitch we had to deal with that shit for like a year. I don't even dislike Suzi but she has no place being on game grumps, it just comes off as tacky.

she buys a lot of trinkets for around $5 from 3rd world countries, adds a $10 chain, then sells it for $100+ on etsy

LA Beast, Ashens, SovietWomble, and Dunkey all strike me as high-tier bros.

I miss Barry.

Oh I agree, but notice how you don't see her ANYWHERE near the main channel anymore and how NO ONE gives a shit about "Kitty Kat Gaming".

Even Holly's solo channel has more legitimacy than that shit. My guess is they realized she was poison for the brand and the Etsy shit was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

OFFICIAL GAME GRUMPS TIER LIST
>God Tier
Barry
Jon
Danny (when telling a story)
Matt & Ryan
Chris/DingDong/Julian
Greyworm

>Good Tier
Ross
Danny
Arin (Jon Era/when he's actually paying attention)
Holly
Finn Wolfhard
Letty

>Meh Tier
Arin (when he can't be fucked to care)
Any and all artist friends who are perfectly nice and talented at their own shit, but who don't really have any charisma/don't belong in front of a camera

>Shit Tier
Arin (when being a blind retard/trying to force a bit on a beleaguered Dan, who is too nice to tell him he's being a retard)
That tiny asian twink they hired to edit their videos or whatever
Weird celebrities who show up because they're celebrities and not because they actually enjoy the show or video games

>Suzy Tier
Suzy

>Elder God Tier
Patricia Schneider while playing Mortal Kombat
Fuck that was funny.

Oh shit I forgot about dunkey, no lie. I avoided his channel for the longest time because league is garbage, but the dude seems to enjoy what he does.

ross is and always will be my favorite.
i hope gameoverse does well for him.

I feel like I'm alone, but I'm of the opinion that people take his gaming skills on grumps to heart a little too much because they don't take into account how difficult it is to cognitively multitask.
If I'm on the phone at work talking to someone, and then someone else walks up to me and starts talking at me without regard to my phone conversation, I often lose track of both conversations to a certain degree. I imagine it's something like that.
Arin's good at a lot of games, and he's beaten a lot of really hard games too that I don't think I could beat.
Anyway, just my two cents. Also not animation related, so sorry.

I'd add Jerma to that list. He and Dunkey seem like the most genuine people on YouTube

what the fuck else is he doing while playing these games? is he animating?
if having a conversation & fucking around with a guy who's supposed to be your bro is too complicated, then maybe he should just resign to a retard hospital

Animation and Video Game development seem like the two worst industries to work in.

It’s actually pretty distracting. I haven’t met many people who can do something like that effectively. My sister is really smart and capable, but sometimes she’ll start casually responding to a text from her boyfriend while we’re hanging out, and her responses to whatever’s going on turn into a bunch of “yeah, uh huh, yeah, uh huh, okay, haha, that’s cool,” and when she stops she’ll have missed whatever it is we were doing or watching.

And again, the phone example from the above post is also one I observe.

If you can do it, that’s cool, but I hardly think it’s an Arin-specific “disability.”

It's not really comparable to trying to balance two conversations at once. Playing a video game and talking to someone at the same time really isn't difficult unless you're playing a game that really, really requires your full attention. Stuff like Zelda and Super Mario, which are games Arin has demonstrably struggled with, do not fit that criteria. He just sucks.

Does he draw with a mouse or use one of those tablets?
always wondered how they do it