Ever After High

Let's talk about the lesbian Snow White show.

I'm sad Mattel shitcanned this and Monster High. They were really fun.

I liked how (for most of the series, books included) that both sides had legitimate points to them and that compromise between the two was the best solution rather than one side being wrong.

And making the rich girl into a deep character that works for what she had, is a legitimately good person trying to do what she feels is best for everyone, and has gteat character flaws the lead her to be one of if not the most developed of the cast. I really wish they had followed through with her coming out and realization of her sexuality instead of pushing her aside after Dragon Games.

Perhaps too deep as she seemed to fly over the heads of a lot of people.

Best Boy

What if Apple is Raven's Princess Charming?

I’ll say. They could’ve wrote her as the popular girl who’s beloved by everyone even though she’s a complete jerk, but instead she’s genuinely a kind person who cares about her friends, and has a legitimate concern over the fate of her and her world being at stake. But having occasional selfish tendencies is enough for people to consider Apple worse than Hitler.

It’s sad how people dismissed this show for being so girly, yet it’s one of the few, if not only cartoon to teach kids the importance of accepting others with different ideological views, and that alone goes over too many viewers head.

Man, it sucks that good visuals and a good lesson for kids has to be wasted on a cartoon that shills (at times ungracefully) a toy line.

I still find it weird how some people think that the visions they say on legacy day were the actual future even after the Storybook of Legends used was a fake and real one was found. Though I do think the mirror was nice touch and possible foreshadowing as it reflected more what everyone was thinking of their future stories rather than how the story would actually play out.

There's a board about this on 8ch

Monsta Hai at least still has some content coming out

EAH died when they dropped the over-arching destiny vs. free will plot for the "princess power" stuff. Without any central conflict (and several unreseolved plot lines) it just became a fairy tale slice of life show.

>and several unreseolved plot lines
It really does feel like they chickened out of or were forced to abandon them seeing how they just dropped Apple after Dragon Gays.

I hear there was some falling out between Gary and Steve

Raven could have woken Apple from her eternal sleep. A kiss from a princess works

Is this Trapple.

This, not to mention all the characters they tried to shove in in the last season.
Ah well, WTW and DG serve as good finales to the show. And the “Unfairest of them All” book’s ending had a nice ending for the series, where the kids decided to open up and discuss their future. It wouldve been nice if the last cartoon ended with that.

I honestly think it was intended to happen but the had Darling do it to drag Apple and Raven's eventual kiss out longer, possibly as a grand finale, but unfortunately didn't do anything with Apple after it and left us with a bunch on unresolved plotlines and questions.

Except it's all garbage now

Pretty sure it's Apple and Ravens child

which is Trapple

>no more new MH movies
>no more EAH

MH is still getting cartoons and specials.

All I can think of is Ghoul Squad, which is awful

Ghoul Squad starts off slow, but really gets going once they bring back Abby.

Is there any reason why though? Just bad sales? I heard on rumor that they where out selling Barbie or taking profit away from it and they couldn't have that.

I couldnt believe they made something that makes season 1 of RWBY look better in comparison.

I wonder what type of video games would the EAH characters like?

>Is there any reason why though?
No, and I doubt we will get one for a while.

And they made her a book smart girl
who works for her high grades and has a high work ethic. You don't really see that from stereotypical rich kids.

I don’t believe the whole story of Mattel purposefully sabotaging the franchise because it became more popular than Barbie. That sounds too dumb of a business move. I heard one rumor was that they wanted to reboot it to tone down the spookiness a bit, due to parents complaining about it.
As for Ever After High, people probably thought it was too girly. Plus, Disney’s Descendants probably put a dent in the sales, because of the Disney brand.
Also, I’ve seen people say that EAH is a rip off of MH, as dumb as that sounds. It probably looked like a cash grab spin-off to many.

Though I think we won’t see anything from EAH for a long time (if ever), MH was a huge hit, so they’ll definitely reboot it again in a few years, now that they learned what worked and what didn’t.

I like how the books showed the struggles she went through as being the next Snow White (being blonde, needing glasses), while showing what caused her to want to follow her destiny so much in the first place. If they showed that side of her in the cartoons, viewers would’ve been more sympathetic towards her.

>I like how the books showed the struggles she went through as being the next Snow White (being blonde, needing glasses), while showing what caused her to want to follow her destiny so much in the first place. If they showed that side of her in the cartoons, viewers would’ve been more sympathetic towards her.
The Hale books are great and happily push Rapple button as well.

Cedar can't have anything that needs quick reaction. Her wooden frame gets in her way.

Apple likes Visual Novels, puzzle games, and RPGs.
Raven likes most platformers.
Briar likes fighting games and platformers.
Blondie likes the point and click adventure and mystery games.
Cerise likes racing games.
Kitty likes simulation games.
Lizzy loves fighting games and torture simulators.

Well we still have our fanfics.

I'd recommend:
-Fate's Choice
-Breaking Ever After
-Holly O'Hair's Fanfiction Diary
-Poison Apple & White Bird
-Special Apple Cider
-The Dark Lord(new but decent)

Is MH dead now too?

Making Apple gay seems like a publicity stunt that backfired.

She was gay from the start.

I'm pretty sure you've never seen EAH.

UltimateWarriorFan4Ever is that you?

EAH vs their descendants counterparts

Which is better?

My name is Ben and I can't decide whom I hate more, him or Dexter

Apple vs ????????

shit...of all characters, Snow White doesn't have a daughter in Descendants? I guess it's suppose to be Chad

We need one of Apple, Raven, and Evie.

yes

how does Evie fit in?

Evie is the daughter of the Evil Queen in the Descendants. And that's Apple's type.

EAH was kill because it pissed off Disney and led to them taking the princess line over to Hasbro. MH got retooled to fill the gap.

People on this thread stick to their headcanons anyway. Raven likes Dexter and Darling is Apple's destined "prince" but here we are

You mean Raven "the awesome Apple White I know and Love" Queen.

You have never spoken to a woman besides your mom, have you? Not including we're dealing with a show for kids so over-the-top lines are expected. What's the point, you'll stick to your headcanons instead of what the show gives you

The show, and Mattel , have provided more than enough support and material for Apple and Raven's relationship.

The way Apple and Raven act with each other is far more than just friends.

>Raven likes Dexter
they had one date.

Who even cares about Dexter? He is literally the worst character.

Lesbian haters. Don't know why they pin all their hopes on Dexter of all people, though.

Apple and Raven's relationship in one word: gay.

In more words: What I think of when I think of Apple and Raven is Wicked's Elphaba and Glinda. The similarities were obvious to me from the first time I watched the first few Netflix episodes on a whim: roommates who are polar opposites, one “good” and one “evil,” one a bubbly blonde and one an introvert with powers she doesn’t quite understand. It all begins with one selfishly using the other, but they come to care about each other in a way that is drastically different than any other relationship they’ve ever had.

They love each other. They push each other and help each other to grow. They disappoint each other. They forgive each other. They just complete each other and it’s beautiful.

It's all about compromise.

Happy New Year MH/EAH fandom

>could be our last new years together

Spend it in the embrace of the ones you love.

Well she succeeded.

wait really?

They didn't drop her but the show kind of ended shortly after and Raven and Apple both had no presences in Epic Winter.

Wish the crossover movie had been finished.

That’s another thing I love about EAH, is Raven and Apple’s friendship. In any other series, it’d be the typical cliche of the popular girl goes out of the way to make the social outcast’s life a living hell. Here they’re genuine friends.

Granted they do end up having the cliche where the loser (Raven) ends up coming out on top (people love her and her powers), and the evil popular girl (Apple) loses her social standing (no longer the most popular kid in school) and something superficial that she cherished (her destiny). But the best part of it all was that neither were malicious about it and did anything out of spite to each other.

From a marketing point of view Raven could never be gay as they still needed a main character to connect with the little girl audience and be a self inserts when new male love interests would be introduced and Raven did that better than Apple.