Support your local Chinese fucking thing at the Oscars!

Nomination voting ends Jan 12th, so if you know anyone who's an Academy member, be sure to tell them to vote for these movies. Help keep the likes of Emoji Movie and Boss Baby out of the category (and if Disney gets snubbed as well, even better).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fePML1CuG3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vD1yAEWpzeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are Bird Boy and The Breadwinner worth a watch?

My Oscar pals are voting Loving Vincent.

It's a well known fact that Oscars judges don't watch movies in the animated category and they vote according to what toy their children wanted.

Boss Baby is kino though.

>breadwinner
>giving an award to a shitty ripoff.

Mary and the Witch's Flower for me.
I loved that movie.

Why bother? Coco will win

same. it's not particularly new or exciting but it told a great story with extreme polish.

I found out that when it comes out here in Australia my state is not getting any subbed showings like most states are.
I mean I'm not some turbo autist who won't watch something dubbed so I will go to see it anyway but I really would have liked to be able to see it subbed in cinema.

>and if Disney gets snubbed as well, even better
At least they actually released a decent film this year so the disney cocksucking won't be quite as much of a problem.

Unless it gets snubbed, like Lego Movie or Finding Dory.

>Mary and the Witch Tower
The witchfag inside me wants to watch that, but I dread the sheer disappointment I will feel if this is slice of life coming of age boring bullshit with animation as it's only good point like Kiki was.

It's about Mexico. Hollywood will vote for that shit because it's the progressive thing to do. It's also emotionally manipulative without being blatant, which is a huge plus in Oscar fishing.

fuck you user, Kiki was legitimately the best Miyazaki film. It was perfect, comfy and awesome

>Comfy
Ick.

>not feeling a profound sense of tranquility as you follow a cute girl drifting over a coastal vaguely turn of the century European city

>Kiki was legitimately the best Miyazaki film.

That's not how you spell Cagliostro.
youtube.com/watch?v=fePML1CuG3Q

This infuriates me way more than it should. Fucking hacks.

I didn't see Bird Boy, but Breadwinner is great.

I unironically cry every time I watch Kiki's.

Much better.

>supporting the red menace in any way shape or form
No way commie.

I really love Kiki's Delivery Service.
But Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is the best Ghibli film.

Nausicaä is a Topcraft film, not a Ghibli film as Ghibli was not founded until a year after Nausicaä came out.

But of course Toru Hara was the only Topcraft staff member to jump ship to Ghibli as the rest (with a few exceptions who went with Anno to find Gainax) became Pacific Animation Corp.

Very well, Laputa: Castle in the Sky is the best Ghibli film.
Also, most Topcraft animators went to Ghibli but there are some who went to Gainax and Pacific Animation Group.

Also, Pacific Animation Group became Walt Disney Animation Japan and made some shitty direct-to-video Disney cheapquels like The Hunchback of Notre Dame II.

Laputa & Nausicaä don't even share the same animators as 99% of Nausicaä's animation crew went off to do ThunderCats right away Nausicaä was finished.

>But Do You Remember Love?...
Topcraft was not the only studio behind that film.

Disney Japan also did some of Disney's Best TV shows such as TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers and Gargoyles.

As for Gainax, I feel that the only person between Gainax & Nausicaä was Anno himself.

Ripoff of what?

One of the worst Nicktoons ever made and it's plot was stolen from a plot point in Voltron:LD.

You forgot the biggest fact in its favor;
It's Pixar.

>tfw last year they outright said shit like "I didn't see the others, so I'll vote for this one because my kids dragged me to it"

They can't keep getting away with this!

When was this book made?

Voltron had totally original plot points?

I hope Loving Vincent wins

None of this is western animation, it's anime

The Breadwinner Movie is Irish.

Loving Vincent is Brit I think

The Stockholm-Visby hybrid city is comfy as fuck.

Then why is the bottom 3 anime, unless the studios themselves count it as western animation

>that soundtrack
>youtube.com/watch?v=vD1yAEWpzeQ

Coco is legitimately a good movie though, it deserves to win.

Story was pretty good, villain was meh, and visual style was rather standard

Only ghibli films I have seen are spirited away and the start of moving castle.
I have the box set at home so I plan to fix that soon.

Osama. It's the exact same fucking premise.

I laugh at people who take awards shows seriously, but even so I'm gonna be so fucking mad if Corner isn't at least on the shortlist.

Because they got theatrical american releases and thus eligible for the academy of motion picture arts and sciences awards.

I wanna see Birdboy but gkids' website still says "coming soon to select theaters" and no firm bluray release date.

I yearn for the day Disney/Pixar isn't a guaranteed spot.

I see, someone is getting sued.

Similar premise but that's it. Other than a Muslim-Mulan, they are nothing alike.

It's happened twice: in 2006 (the year Were-Rabbit won) and in 2012 (when Rango won).

Loving Vincent was a British/Polish co-production

Filming was done in Britain, animation mostly in Poland

get it right, it's chinese fucking shit.

That nobody fuckin saw. Did we ever find out who actually said that?