Despite being made by Nickelodeon and winning an Oscar, nothing came out of this movie; no sequel or even a TV show...

Despite being made by Nickelodeon and winning an Oscar, nothing came out of this movie; no sequel or even a TV show. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Animation
youtu.be/zI8nmhwzqCo
youtube.com/watch?v=jT9Fw6nBgws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. It's nice to see a good animated movie come and go. Not everything needs to be merchandised to hell and back.

Literally my favorite film alongside coraline. It didnt need a sequel anyways, its perfect. Wish more animated films came from the same production team though

The art style is too strange and creepy for mainstream audiences, the story is too slow, and animation Oscars are among the most laughable categories and nobody takes them seriously to the point that even obscure technical awards like sound editing rank above it.

Nothing they or anyone else could've done that would've lived up to it. Just look at the video game they made.

Didn't need a sequel because it's literally fucking perfect as it stands. Rango is gonna be a movie we look at in 20 years as a classic

Good. Leave good enough alone.

the script was bizarre and godly

The success of this film caused the creation of a new animation studio by Paramount in late 2011. They have not done much yet, however. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Animation

As for the film itself, it doesn't necessarily need a sequel or spin-off. The ending was good enough by itself. If Industrial Light & Magic ever want to make something similar, then I probably wouldn't mind. As you may know, they were fully acquired by Disney in 2012 from Lucasfilm, so perhaps don't expect anything soon.

Rango is the 2010s Iron Giant a cult classic animation that will get callbacks.

>in 20 years some hack will reference it in a shitty YA novel
an abstract kind of mad

too scary for kids

>What happened?
Don't mess with a good thing. The movie was great and didn't need a show/sequel for it. A good way to ruin a great movie is to make a sequel. Rango is a perfect standalone film.

If you want more Rango buy the artbook.

Instead of a bunch of hacks pretending to know the answer, here's the actual answer.

Rango was made in-house at ILM, rather than a studio independent in feature animation, as an ambitious Verbinski passion project. George Lucas saw the potential of ILM creating animated movies, but instead of letting them do their own thing, hired the Rango team to animated his Strange Magic (which was a rather notorious failure in most every retrospect). Afterwards the crew kind of went back to regular effects work. They're still there if the right project and creative leader (that's the real issue) come along, but they're such a busy studio normally. It's not like Disney Animation, Pixar, or DreamWorks where they only have to worry about their animated films.

I thought they were going to make a sequel?

After all these years I still don't think I've seen a cg movie that looks better than rango

This might be one of the most patrician Sup Forums movies of all time, and yet it doesn't get long-term recognition.

>This great movie didn't get milked to death
>What happened?

the best thing that could happen you moron

>The art style is too strange and creepy for mainstream audiences
I actually feel like there is a distinct lack in a "creepy" show for kids. I remember being young and really enjoying the more creepy stuff like Beetlejuice, Courage the Cowardly Dog, or Invader ZIM. Now I don't even think kids have that choice.

And if we're just talking art style, Ed Edd n Eddy and Rugrats were crazy popular despite having "ugly" art styles.

>Strange Magic
Fuck you.

>What happened
Nothing, it doesn't need a sequel. It's great the way it is.

The ending credits are also pretty cool.
youtu.be/zI8nmhwzqCo

People so brainwashed this days, can't even imagine something that is not being milked for ages. It's really sad.

at least, it's not being tarnished.

what is this? mariachis for ants?

I remember really liking the movie, but that is the only thing I remember, except for the rattle snake being real cool.

Megamind also ended up like that. It seems like the early 2010s had several movies that came and then went

>Has a minigun on his tail
>Can hit multiple bats in the air
>Was scared of a single eagle

It was instinct. Hawks prey on snakes, he's hardwired to be afraid of them.

fpbp

Visual design was genius, rattlesnake with catling gun for a rattle, rango fitting his character incredibly well, those rats and everything.

That said, sequels need to be born of passion, not because source material was received well so you hope reusing source material will garner same results.

>Bill Nighy as a gatling gun-wielding desperado Lee van Cleef rattlesnake

The designers of this film were gods.

Because not everything needs a sequel or spinoff tv show.

that's why KFP1 and KFP2 were amazing, and KFP3 lackluster.

best scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=jT9Fw6nBgws

2010-213 were best dreamworks years, fun but not stupid movies.

meanwhile disney was leeching off talents from pixar

This is possibly one of my favorite movies of all time, but really, like a lot of people in this thread have said, we don't need more of it
It was a great self-contained story, what would a sequel even be about?
Plus, Rango is dead, remember?
Probably.

this movie was great, one of my favourites westerns, my guess is that it has too many guns to be made into a tv series, and it doesnt really need a movie, too bad, we will never see beans amd her cute lips again

this