BLACK LIGHTNING

Thoughts on the new trailer, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=dvbAwl9NeWU

>actual costume in CW

Egads!!!

I find it hard to give a shit about low effort cape tv shows. CW has soured me on the entire concept

I am optimistic about this. Dare I say, looking forward to seeing how it goes

It actually looks really good, but that suit is fucking cancer. THEY LITERALLY HAD HIS EXACT COSTUME FROM THE COMICS IN THE FIRST TRAILER.

Green Arrow: I fight evil Archers
Flash: I fight evil Speedsters
LoT: We fight evil Time Travelers
Black Lightning: I just fight regular crooks
Green Arrow: You don't have a Dark Lightning?
Flash: Or a Reverse Lightning?
Black Lightning: No. That would be absurd.

>wife threatens to leave you if you continue being a superhero
>quit
>she still leaves you

Son of a bitch

I'm positive that if you posted this on reddit it would reach the top of whatever comics subreddit they have there.

00s/modern is the best. Also I think it looks better when his lightning is actually black. It's otherworldly, kind of like Flash's yellow lightning, and it gives better credit for the name instead of "Black guy calling himself Black ___"

Two things bug me about this show:

1) It's not in the Arrowverse. It doesn't need to crossover once every year or ever, but it'd be nice if this existed on the same planet -- even if just in BTS interviews with the showrunners. I'm autistic by the way.

2) So much #BlackLivesMatter propaganda has been in the marketing and the promotional material. I enjoyed Luke Cage and it had some of it, but I'm afraid this show is just going to be another fuck the poe-lees and fuck wyte pipo drama instead of a fun action series

That's a really ballsy move on his wife's part. I mean, you'd have to be a REALLY good wife to compete with superheroics.

There's some fucking incredible episodes of the CW shows.

You're just not being reasonable.

Oh imagine that, a man having different taste than you. Look, I gave both ARROW and The Flash plenty of slack, watched about 2 seasons of each, and guess what? They're both complete shit that pander to casual idiots. Incredible my ass

As far as know, most of black lightning's enemies are black, I doubt they're going that route.

Also kill yourself Sup Forumstard

I'm not a Sup Forumstard I'm just sick of seeing political shit in comics

Also here's an example.. this is from NYT today

yes there's BEEN some fucking incredible eps of the CW shows, the problem is all of them were 2-3 years ago and all the CW shows have been steadily going straight down in quality to the point that f-ing LoT is the only show that is still even watchable

I found Luke Cage's really heavy handed and boring. Maybe its because I'm not black, so I can't relate, but I just wanted Luke to shut the fuck up whining about being bulletproof and just start cleaning up Harlem. Maybe I just waned Heroes for Hire, but after Iron Fist I doubt I'd even want it

They were pretty good together in Defenders so I have high hopes for this Summer's Heroes for Hire series

all the netflix marvel shows are about political bullshit. it's super annoying.

Blackness has been politicized since 1865. You can hardly blame Black Lighting for that. Unless you just wanna blame it for existing.

>uses term 'pander to casuals' without any irony

You must be lonely

Politics is really important in modern culture.

No point being a whiny bitch about it.

Looks like a knock-off Luke Cage. I'm too burnt out on Cape shows 2bh.

Every season has its standout episodes.

FYI, in the pilot episode Black Lightning mentions "heroes from other cities", so they're leaving a (very small) door open for future crossovers.

You must have low standards

Few and far between. As a whole, the shows are complete shit. Oliver is nothing like the character, and Barry is a complete fucking idiot

>Every season has its standout episodes.
1 good episode out of like 21 is pitiful.

It amazes me that anyone cares about these shows given how terrible the CW ones are.

>"I'm not from Sup Forums"
>literally uses Sup Forums's catchphrase
>cites a fucking article

Got me some gorillas out of it, so I'm happy

They botched Grodd so hard in the CW series. He's traditionally been about as big a threat as the Reverse-Flash, and has at times even been a JLA villain.

Except speedsters now job to regular gorillas for whatever reason

Are they going to do that fucking stupid joke where they show the 70's costume and make fun of it?

I seriously love this costume. I'd hate to have it made fun of, especially when they insist this joke is funny

>It's not in the Arrowverse
My personal wish is that it's in the Supergirl universe. So cross over is possible but not essential.
Would be sweet to have Clark Kent show up and talk about the good old days with BL.

You forgot soul power

Luke Cage was a genre issue. It was a blaxploitation homage. formula had to be followed

Yea I'd totally love that. It could be on any Earth. I just wanted to sate my autism

>the afro is a helmet

..thats...genius

>Not calling him Supervolt

Cancelled.

Might be cool, might be fucking awful. My concern is that it looks very stiff - the acting, the physical motion and action sequences. I do like the Return of Shaft vibe. The villains look lame as fuck though.

>he's called "Black Lightning" because he's black and has lightning powers
Bravo DC, bravo...

I'll never forget the Solomon Grundy/Deathstroke/Flash origin hype over that one Christmas. I miss that feeling.

The focus on superpowers has largely been to the detriment of the franchises, I think, but I'll be damned if their introduction in S2 of Arrow wasn't hype as hell. Basic bitch tier superpowers like durability and strength were fucking beast mode.

Those shows peaked in season 1. They completely abandoned the Grundy story fyi.

Well fuck I want this.

Solomon Grundy was flat out forgotten and never realized

Grundy is hardly the first plotline they've dropped. See Flash and how they have to constantly retool because their recurring character actors keep dropping the show for other gigs.

yeah, that's supposed to be his suit b4 he gives up and becomes a principal, the screencap is from a flashback

sad, because it legit looks better that the present day one

Haven't really kept up with Flash since season 2, I watched bits and pieces of season 3, and it was an evil speedster again, 21 episodes of these shows now is a chore.
>Their recurring character actors keep dropping the show for other gigs.
Can't blame them. Arrow is now Felicity and friends.

The way you can tell people are Sup Forums is when they complain about stuff like this.
I don't care for politics in my comics, but I don't actively complain on the Internet. I just avoid the overtly political.

It's the main reason why we haven't gotten the Rogues, even Miller and Purcell dropped for awhile to do the Prison Break relaunch.

Is the villain an actual albino black man?

Trailer looks good. Too bad the current comic is utter shit.

The actor is albino and the villain is usually albino so he's maybe albino in this too.

Soul power was weird
The fact that another black person got electric powers before Static and nobody mentioned it. The only good thing out of it was Still learned to ride telephone cables.

I feel embarrassed for watching the trailer alone.
What is it with CW fags?

Got any good reads for that?